Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

A few questions

I've recently started a mage and have a few questions.

What main hand should I use at level 53?
Which headgear out of Crown of Wizadry or Energisation?

I use a heroic ammy of rejuv, masters grim, heroic boots and 5 tick energy ring atm. Any of this lux unnecessary?

Thanks
Snakes, Snakes Everywhere

Re: A few questions

An apprentice wand, or master's whichever fits your level. Gives +3 to lure and 35 focus.
If you can't get that. Sorry to say but there's nothing really worth your money until 110. (Aggy book)

Don't even buy them. You don't need that 15 energy per tick or that focus. 50 focus is minuscule (10 levels?)
You'll be level 100 before you even find one for sale probably.
What you REALLY want (assuming you're a fire mage) is a frost helm. Level 70 and 130, I have both and the greater helm was amazing up until level 170. (Full dl).

By frost helm, i mean the helmet that gives you energy and fire magic. The yule helms.

^ I hope you're not a fire mage, cause I wouldn't swap out that helm for a helm that gives ice blast.
Lmfao r u kidding me lad
I hope you don't play mages at all
Enjoy getting one hit you knob

That 310 fire magic wont get you anywhere if you cant respawn pleb

^ I hope you're not a fire mage, cause I wouldn't swap out that helm for a helm that gives ice blast.
Lmfao r u kidding me lad

Whoa, chill the check out man, no need for that.
Snakes, Snakes Everywhere

Lmfao r u kidding me lad

Uhm... Y u heff to b mad?

I use a hrung helm which removes DL set and I survive fine. I don't even have eshield since I use support skills. If you kill bosses with a proper group, your idol usage will be close to zero.

You're telling me you wont use any hrung helm? Your DPS must be atrocious if survivability is all you care about.

And yes I do play a mage.
Last edited by Armo on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frostspinner helms, although the firespinner is better for firemages due fire magic, at low lvls I would prefer the vit bonus, but both ways they're decent helms.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Lmfao r u kidding me lad

Hi Shiftee!

For the record so everyone knows its entirely possible to level without a full dragonlord set at 170+. Furyion was a great example as he soloed 180-190 using a hrungnir helm and ancient beastbone bp and pants. He even leveled on a stormskimmer and had less than 2k health I believe. Despite not having much health or armor he was able to defeat all the wyrms including 189 4*, all while using an xp, health lix and very minimal restos. Sometimes its better to use full damage gear to get the job done. Now I will say you have to be more careful with less health.

i do agree that the yule bear helms are very good compared to some of the other helmets at lvl 70 and 130 respectively. I haven't tested the spider helms but you could use those too. i too used the 130 fire magic bear helm til lvl 155, but then i swapped out some damage for survivability. i switched to a royal sunfire helm ( 80 vit, 80 foc, 80 dex, 80 str, 40 armor). in some instances it is ok to sacrifice a little bit of damage for survivability so long as you dont go too crazy with it. i still was able to throw 6k firebolts despite using the sunfire helm.

it all depends on play style. some people are good at maneuvering around mobs and some people have trouble. some people like to take on multiple at once. some level solo and some in groups. its all preference. use what works best for you.

rajin, i would love to know more about that solo level build of furyon:)
well fury took the road less traveled and became the first end game ice mage in lugh. since no other mages were ice at the time, he was able to get all the best ice mage gear pretty easily. my build is pretty much a carbon copy of his with a bit more emphasis on vitality. fury is full focus, but he has the gear to boost his health substantially. the reason he succeeded was he was able to 1-2 hit mobs with little effort. the fire wyrms in particular have a weakness to ice. the other thing is the damage of ice if used correctly should be able to destroy nearly any mobs.

i would also like to add that with correct timing of the arctic stormskimmer you can freeze and lure mobs without taking too much damage.