Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Frustrations of a hard working Druid

I have been struggling to find the right combination for my leveling 205 druid.
The issues has been trying to balance all the different requirements for a druid.

First is this stupid idea that we are a melee class. We got some good casting spells and even a rooting spell, but then our weapons are all melee? Never understood the logic and honestly it seems to have no thought whatsoever. Add to this is if we are melee then why can't we use a spear?

Second is the challenge, or better stated, the negative effect of grouping with other druids. Half our dps are DOT that do NOT STACK. So you're left with skills you cannot use when grouped with another druid. This means slower leveling and lots of frustration casting spells that are duplicated. So at level 205 I resort to hitting the mob for a AWESOME MELEE DAMAGE OF 162 DPS.... Again... why are we melee?

Third is the constant "EVADES" I get when using my skill. My Nature Magic is at 4,100 and I still get 2-3 evades regularly. And for extra frustration I loose the energy cost on each of those evades.

Forth, lag hurts us more that any class. I constantly finish casting a heal.... wait, wait, wait... member in party die, heal completed on dead body. The worst is when I cast breath and wait, wait, wait... I die and I see members in my party get healed? explain that? I also get the blueish-grey dot, this is when I cast a spell then my iPad 6 seems freeze and my spell shows a blueish dot. Very frustrating.

Fifth, why is every boss designed with different damage... warding... Why do we need SIX different warding spells? It is just not practical for druids to be constantly re-skilling 6-10 times a day for each boss. Personally I wish I never received warding spells just so I could move on and forget them.

Sixth, now is the time when it become clear that this DPS focused game is clearly not focused on druids. We level slower that any other class because honestly we take away from the production of the group. Less dps means slower leveling...

Just frustrated... had to vent...
Last edited by Perl on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Frustrations of a hard work Druid

I'm with you that dots should stack. 2 druids and a mage with mgc lure would be sweet with stackable dots.

I typically use totem and axe when lvling and use the strength lux set from last event which gives me around 600 auto dmg and use a haste lix. I'm assuming most druids don't have strength lux but it certainly helps if you know someone that you can borrow theirs.

I'm also with you on the wards. I've been using slash in the tower but now on the next floor, the imps use pierce. More than likely I'll go back to crush and fire ward as most dl bosses have crushing weapons.

I honestly wish Otm would conference with 2-3 high lvl players from each class to make skills and class changes. I know this won't happen but it would be cool.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: Frustrations of a hard working Druid

I just wish our damage in game was close to what the stat screen tells me... Storm touch does 1500 ish to mobs 2 lvls higher than me... But stats screen tells me it can do way over 5k! Half the time lightning strike does more damage and it's stat is lower

Very annoying

Damage overall could use a boost... It's horrible!!
General of Seed - Crom
Druid 216+ & 130 something on Arawn retured in 2013
Rangers 221+ And 190+
Rogues 220+, 210+, 150+, 97+ & 150 on Arawn retired in 2013
Mage 214+
Warrior 218+

Ex member of Badabing, Celts, Uskoci & Serenity on Arawn

Hi! I'm but a lowly lvl 112... frustrated and disheartened by the slow levelling that means I am unable to provide adequate support for my Clan as they all rise far above my abilities. It grieves me to know that I'm still going to be hauling up that hill no matter what. And, by heck, it's indeed hard having to rebuff; it's the sheer duration of each fight compared to that experienced by colleagues in other classes.

I love druiding, it's the best class option for me personally. I just wish the developers would give us, no matter what our level, some more love :cry:

^^ druid Lvling is fine until late 160s

Max vines lightning and storm. Max nat touch using skill rings if u can. Put the rest of your points in bark. It's not that bad. Use howling wind at level 1 or use a grand brace unless u have smthn better. It's a decent solo lvl build. I beat a rogue buddy of mine to a lot of kills at low lvl 100 lvling
General of Seed - Crom
Druid 216+ & 130 something on Arawn retured in 2013
Rangers 221+ And 190+
Rogues 220+, 210+, 150+, 97+ & 150 on Arawn retired in 2013
Mage 214+
Warrior 218+

Ex member of Badabing, Celts, Uskoci & Serenity on Arawn

I'm max touch, bark, vines and lightning, some in swarm and storm; perhaps i need to reconsider the latter... I have various totems (raise skills over max) with matching rings to up skills again as required. A haste ring sounds a good idea as, if I get a trident, I won't need to worry about losing the 100 I get from health ring.

Thanks!

Maybe I can level quicker...

Good luck, everyone, with your levelling!