Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Druids unneeded? (discussion)

I recently started this game and have been leveling a druid. I promised myself after the last few mmo's I played I would roll a warrior or something because game developers always seem to give them the most love or they are the most balanced in game design. For whatever reason here I am playing a druid. Maybe it's because almost every player I come across in game is a warrior and I didn't want to follow the herd. I've come close to restarting a different class several times. Part of it is because I could have a same lvl mob rooted down and damaged with lightening bolt, and a warrior five levels lower will come crashing into the scene, ks the mob, and get the xp for the kill. I'm rather new to this game so I don't know if warriors are overpowered or something or if druids are just weak. I'm regularly scanning the area to see who is around before I waste precious energy working down a mob. I even go so far as to go to an entirely different area to avoid people.

To answer the original poster's question, I wouldn't say druids are uneeded. I think that because this game is free there may be people who are experiencing their first mmo. I have run into a few warriors who have asked me what class I am because I wasn't a warrior...haha. I've experienced this same mentality on another free games. I've watched warriors choose to pot and still die rather than team up with me, which is insane. I think games in which you have to pay a nominal fee for access, there is a greater chance that the people playing may have a basic idea on how classes can compliment each other by working together. Of course you have people willing to spend money on pots once they have discovered their parents CC and are hooked on this game, but that can't last forever. At least until ma and pops grounds them and confiscates their ipad for some time :D

As I mentioned I am still new to this game. Will I start to run into a greater variety of classes playing the game after lvl 30? Is there a reason why I am mostly only seeing warriors? Any class imbalance issues I should be aware of? Is it true that adding points to focus doesn't strengthen casters (both mage and druid) spells? Just seems strange that if I were a rogue or a warrior I can add points to both strength and to skills and get combined greater damage output, but the cloth classes only get increased damage by adding points to skills...

LOL Frostine!!!! Holy crap buddy! Holy crap!

Wow. I am speechless. Well close...

Warriors are by far the most OP class in the game right now in Update 2, about or over 25% of the player base using them for this reason. I can list why, but the most important reasons have to do with their ease of AFK'ing (which is removed completely in Update) and the bizarre kiddie non choice to be a Tank and instead just go DPS. So most of these lower lvl warriors, and upper lvl ironically aren't tanks, can't understand the concept, just DPS powerhouses. Classes tend to become greater in variety past the starting areas, but still it's Warrior dominant. Mages and then Druids are the least used classes.

The KS issue is the longest, roughest and most frustrating issue for all lvling Druids. That said some of it is newbies just not knowing about it, and some of it is people not caring. I try to instruct the former and give them a chance, and the latter I record their names and don't heal for them at all for the rest of their time in game. It's how I justify my Druid.

The issues you raise in terms of how Melee classes have an unfair advantage in dps is also addressed in the update, focus for Druids and mages will effect the power of spells. Many unbalanced Druid issues are handled in the update and though it's not 100% fixed in all areas, the Druid will find a greater feeling of success and worth in the new version of the game.

Missed ya, this is our FOURTH MMO together buddy. I may have gotten a restraining order, if I wasn't so enamored with you.

Take care,

Tea
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

Most bosses you don't need heals at all our main tank (hoon) can kill stonefang, bonehead and redbane no pots or Druid now a days you don't need pots or Druids classes are to strong in groups for bosses

Yup but more than 6 star bosses are coming and if you see a lvl 140 6+ star Stonelord, um you will need some healing, especially since there are Cooldowns on wll items now, and Rez idols need at least 30 sec between uses,

The game is gonna get better quick, hopefully in this next week, definately soon.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

Most bosses you don't need heals at all our main tank (hoon) can kill stonefang, bonehead and redbane no pots or Druid now a days you don't need pots or Druids classes are to strong in groups for bosses

Yup but more than 6 star bosses are coming and if you see a lvl 140 6+ star Stonelord, um you will need some healing, especially since there are Cooldowns on wll items now, and Rez idols need at least 30 sec between uses,

The game is gonna get better quick, hopefully in this next week, definately soon.
**** we gotta get more Druids
Kolare clan masmar world mabon ranger lvl 90
Equality, freedom, and colaboration-masmar
Kolare clan none yet world Rhiannon ranger lvl 10+
http://www.onethumbmobile.com/celticher ... =6&t=10481
My new area idea

I recently started this game and have been leveling a druid. I promised myself after the last few mmo's I played I would roll a warrior or something because game developers always seem to give them the most love or they are the most balanced in game design. For whatever reason here I am playing a druid. Maybe it's because almost every player I come across in game is a warrior and I didn't want to follow the herd. I've come close to restarting a different class several times. Part of it is because I could have a same lvl mob rooted down and damaged with lightening bolt, and a warrior five levels lower will come crashing into the scene, ks the mob, and get the xp for the kill. I'm rather new to this game so I don't know if warriors are overpowered or something or if druids are just weak. I'm regularly scanning the area to see who is around before I waste precious energy working down a mob. I even go so far as to go to an entirely different area to avoid people.

To answer the original poster's question, I wouldn't say druids are uneeded. I think that because this game is free there may be people who are experiencing their first mmo. I have run into a few warriors who have asked me what class I am because I wasn't a warrior...haha. I've experienced this same mentality on another free games. I've watched warriors choose to pot and still die rather than team up with me, which is insane. I think games in which you have to pay a nominal fee for access, there is a greater chance that the people playing may have a basic idea on how classes can compliment each other by working together. Of course you have people willing to spend money on pots once they have discovered their parents CC and are hooked on this game, but that can't last forever. At least until ma and pops grounds them and confiscates their ipad for some time :D

As I mentioned I am still new to this game. Will I start to run into a greater variety of classes playing the game after lvl 30? Is there a reason why I am mostly only seeing warriors? Any class imbalance issues I should be aware of? Is it true that adding points to focus doesn't strengthen casters (both mage and druid) spells? Just seems strange that if I were a rogue or a warrior I can add points to both strength and to skills and get combined greater damage output, but the cloth classes only get increased damage by adding points to skills...
I have a Druid but it is not my main character I play. I leveled my rogue first so I can get important items such as rejuv ammy and bodkin and now I use my ammy and bodkin on my Druid and leveling is twice as fast. I went from level 30 to 70 in 2 weeks without using potions. Having Druid as second char is best way that I have found to level. Plus with bodkins adds so much more damage to Druids that ksing makes it harder for lower levels to ks me. I laugh cause some level 50 will come along to try to ks me only to fail.

On topic. Druids will not be as useless in update when pots have 10 sec wait time and idols 30 sec like tea said. Any class will NOT be able to kill bosses without the aid of Druids in group. Now that Druids have rez spell they are going to be one of the MOST needed class out there. Right now yes they can be replaced with pots and idols, but after update I believe things will change.
Druid 180+ Debinosuke
Rogue 150+ Kartier
Ranger 70 Kartier2
Mage 60 Kartier3
Warrior 35 Kartier4

Clan: Soulsignited
World: Crom

FIX DRUIDS OTM!!
Refuse to buy plat until druid energy issues are addressed!
Post this on your signature if you agree!