Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

A Druid's Dilemma

Hey Guys!

So I got a question for yall today..........

Which skill is better? Shield of Bark or Nature Embrace?

Place make sure your answer has a reason behind it.

AND YES, I HAVE USED THE SEARCH BAR. But theres just not a lot of topics about the comprasion of these too skills.

Do keep in mind that Im playing as a hybrid druid, and that Im in a clan with a lot of dps people.

Thanks All! :D

Re: A Druid's Dilemma

Shield of Bark. I have tried both, and find that the damage reduction value from a maxed Bark far outweighs embrace, and helps keep people alive far more than Embrace ever did.

I would much rather see a mob hitting my tank with:
140, 160, 124, 143, 152, 136, 139, 146

and being able to heal those hits away easily, than

340, 325, 337, 310, 296, 364, 353, 349

and having a 180 hp bonus after every 3 hits.. still manageable (I think), but healing lots of small health decrements is much easier and less stressfull than lots of large health decrements.

Also, you can keep an entire group barked, but only 2 people embraced.. And not to mention that DL boots add +5 to Bark, and there an aggy brace for bark as well. It is not hard at all to get a level 50 Sheild of Bark (which boosts armor by about 930).

I STRONGLY recommend Bark over Embrace
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Thanks Regen!!!!

I have decided to chose Bark over embrace. I was gonna chose embrace because my clan mate said that embrace was really good for long boss-fights. However since Im more of a solo guy I think ill chose Bark. Just hope he doesnt get mad at me :lol:

Hey Regenlief! I have one more question for you if you dont mind.............

Im a low level druid, but Im already running into energy problems.

I have no lux, and I have no sigils.

All I got is meditate and more mediatie.

Any tips?

Im planning on buying a ring of energy, but maybe should save for master's grimore?

Thanks mate! ;)

If you can't buy sigils or get lux, then you're left with meditate, however, meditate only regens energy when you're out of combat, so it's not as useful, my recommendation would be to try to heal and cast smarter, if you're at a boss fight, applie strangling vines and then let the dps whack away while you heal, this should drain your energy much slower.

Also, i recommend that you save up for the regen ring(which you should be able to buy from a player for 15-20k)and then immediately start saving for a grim.

Hope this helps!
Lugh

GhostLord- Level 134 druid

Proud Guardian of Hobnobbers

Herne

IsleOfCacti- Level 42 Ranger

Keep the peace....

I was in a very similar dilemma at your level as well! I would first recomend finding a bronze ammy of Energization. They can usually be found for about 15k (if anyone sells), but cost 25k in the shop, which shouldn't be too hard to make. with your newfangled regeneration of 5 energy per tick, it should make energy problems a tad bit easier. Just a tad, but enough to sustain you.

Until you can afford a grimore, I recomend mainly being a support druid. Find leveling partners, and just level with them. Let them do all the hitting and grunt work, while you just follow them and cast bark every two minutes. It's incredibly boring, but good xp, and it allows you to have lots of conversations with people and become a nice and popular Druid ;)

I used meditate until level 70, so don't feel ashamed! If you only cast bark and touch, and don't go around whacking stuff, then your energy should be fine. Keep in mind that for some reason casting spells on a person in combat places you in combat as well, so after casting a spell it will take 5-10 seconds for your energy to start coming up again.

I had no sigils until level 130 (and I didn't use pots either), and I used a bronze energy necklace until 120.. so know that it's not impossible to remain reliant on regens and meditate, and that I have full faith in your ability to manage. Energy issues are a huge problem for druids, however for now all you can do is find a way to cope with it.

I wish you the best!
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Well a smart way to save up on energy as support druid is to find a strong partner, at low lvl, either a fast killer or decent-strong tank are great choices, the less u heal, the less energy u will use.

I prefer saving for the bronze ammy of eng as well, it should be easy to get, no lvl req and it gives a bit of armour, which is still decent for low lvls druids/mages.
The energy ring is also great, but i believe its harder to find a good ammy (unless u got ur hand on some event gear, shrivewood recommended, second choice should be spiritseed/stonebark) than it is to find a ring, but the ring would prob be easier to sell.

I say focus on less bosses that are useless for u and can only waste ur time and energy, such as doomclaw, it drops only one rem that u can easily get, and the rems are for much higher lvl than u need. Go for weak bosses that can drop an item (gems usually) that will sell for decent gold, since u prob dont have 20k gold, but u will want to sell items at full price, near the bank at the castle theres a vendor (some kind of blacksmith) who will buy ur items for same price as castle's lux vendor.

After u bought ur ammy/ring, start saving for Master's Grimoire, its an amazing offhand, with 100 focus, 100 health and 15 energy regen per tick, this thing will not only regen ur energy, it'll give u a boost for health so u can die less (dont spend on rebirth for the 100 health) and it'll give u 100 focus, a great bonus to all of ur skills (except bandage and recup), which will make u a better support with no extra energy cost, and ur heals + buffs will get stronger so u will be able to heal less, thus saving energy.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Once Again, I would like to thank everyone who replied to this topic. (Especially Regen)

All your answers have helped me and I'm starting to get better at druid.

However, there is one more problem, and this problem is rather complicated.....

I play on Celtic Heroes on android and the server "Lir" I played on I seem to find more and more plat buyers in these servers.

Don't get me wrong, I respect plat buyers and I know that they have a role in keeping the game alive and OTM fed :D

Only thing is, all those people who have bought plat are getting so far into the game that its sometime hard to catch up. (However, I do like a challenge ;) )

So here is my question, should I leave the server and wait for a new server, or just power-level till I catch up??

Really need your help! Thanks :geek:

Keep on going! More plat buyers means that items like xp lixs and energy sigils are more common, it also means that when people buy the lux we mentioned above and out grow it, you can swoop in and buy it for a good price. It also gives you a good amount of people to level with.
Lugh

GhostLord- Level 134 druid

Proud Guardian of Hobnobbers

Herne

IsleOfCacti- Level 42 Ranger

Keep the peace....

First of all: Good God, Ghost you reply fast XD (I literally just posted my reply).

Thanks for the tip Ghost! I think I'm gonna try my best and try to catch up with those level 100 dudes.

If it seems effortless though, I will move to a new server.

However, I'm not giving up without a fight :twisted: