Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

As events go by Chests seem less attractive to buy

Test Case

I always buy a few hundred chests each event, down from my early event frenzies, but I have noticed they aren't as interesting or exciting as they were.

For me it is because i already have 100s and 100s of backpacks and bank slots. And tons of idols and other elix. Could always use more super Exp and Combos and Attack speed ones of course.

Then there are the instruments which don't sell well even if you get a good one. How many Icy Flutes do you need?

I usually get a set of fashion in a couple of colours and some mix and match colour items.

Apart from that there is gold and Plat. If you open 200 or 300 chests you will usually get 400 or more Plat in dribs and drabs and a couple of 100 K gold. I did in the 1st or 2nd events get 4 k plat and a 2 million gold (from memory) but nothing since then. Its chance of course.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary

So basically each event i get some fashion, top up my Elixirs, and get some (too many) instruments that go into the bank to molder. And i suppose i have the "thrill" of a possible big win. Plus a bit of gold and Plat.

Ignoring the fact that I am supporting the development of the game (which is a good thing) am i getting value for my money? Admittedly i always use Plat from half price sale.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you all think?

Chests exciting on your first couple of events and now ho hum or even boring?

What do you think about OTM removing resale value for chest fashion. All the older chest fashion you could sell eg Sunlit.

Do you feel like smashing your phone or tablet when you get a single Five K gold drop 20 times out of 100 chests? Why is that even a thing?!?

Would you like to know the actual drop chances for everything to be published including the big prizes?
In the real world lotteries must print this stuff and lotto type games can be calculated by people on the inter webs.

Should backpacks and banks and even idols be removed from the event chests all together? They are in the other chest type after all.

an example idea to improve Chests

I like the idea of a trader that you can hand in say 5 instruments of the same type and it is upgraded a little bit. Same for fashion. Nothing spectacular but interesting enough so we would want to do it. A second tier of items.

Older player will remember a similar thing for Grand Cane of Bats and the hats for that Event. There was a sense of achievement handing in your 10 Cane of Bats and upgrading it.

This would help chest item resale values and give people something extra to do. And would help Increase sales a little bit i suspect.

Epilogue

End of rant.
Last edited by Landoril on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Landoril 221 Ranger
Denoril 170 Rogue
Hateril. Hat holder
Pageril...well you get the idea

Epona (The little server that could)

Re: As events go by Chests seem less attractive to buy

I used to want to get everything, and be the first to get it. But since chests came out, I've had to force myself to not do that because I would end up spending all my money on them. Now, I've made my peace with it, and come to realize that a person can only wear so much fashion. Sure, I'll pick up a piece here or there because I think it looks cool. But I've come to realize I don't really need full white sparkling fashion in every variety. I think it looks nice, but I have better things to spend my money on than another hat that I'm not going to wear.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

I used to want to get everything, and be the first to get it. But since chests came out, I've had to force myself to not do that because I would end up spending all my money on them. Now, I've made my peace with it, and come to realize that a person can only wear so much fashion. Sure, I'll pick up a piece here or there because I think it looks cool. But I've come to realize I don't really need full white sparkling fashion in every variety. I think it looks nice, but I have better things to spend my money on than another hat that I'm not going to wear.
Story of my life.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

I've almost stopped playing all together after I saw the frost mount bat drops. Since so few had dropped in event and no mention was made to the fact otm was recycling the event mounts for the first time ever... To buy a winged bat mount literally broke the bank. Now with these second hand bats flooding in my rare item I paid an arm and leg for is kinda worthless, everyone wants the newer shiner model and the value cheapens. Peachy. Thanks otm.

I've almost stopped playing all together after I saw the frost mount bat drops. Since so few had dropped in event and no mention was made to the fact otm was recycling the event mounts for the first time ever... To buy a winged bat mount literally broke the bank. Now with these second hand bats flooding in my rare item I paid an arm and leg for is kinda worthless, everyone wants the newer shiner model and the value cheapens. Peachy. Thanks otm.
+1 Oh and will take the worthless mount I been trying to get since I've been back on ios. Ha

To the OP bless your heart. I did the double plat the first set of chests that came out. I was amazed at such a variety of things. I lucked out on 500k in one which to me is A ok. Now if I'm lucky to open one it will have like 1 item like 50 restores, just that 5k you were talking about...

The charms no longer of value to shop was surprising and didn't see a reason for it. I can't count how many I sold to shop that were selling about 30k at the time. I lost 5k out of profit but I'd end up with 100k out of 1 chest here and there. (PS those very charms I sold to shop I now saw shout of buying 1 for 100k.....) Slap me...

I see everything you are saying OP and agree.
PurpleRain 226+ Mage
Vanity 227+ Druid
I can't make the World Purple when it's Gray
Beta Android Tester

I prefered the first chests where we could atleast sell the items we didn't want to the shop such as charms for 20k each now they are worth nothing.
I for one open 1000+ chests each event and have only ever received a mount from the summer event on which I received 3 mounts. All the other events I have received no mount.
The max amount of gold I have won was 1mil. The max plat I've won was 1000.
-Guardian of Ascension -
Rogue : Noodle - 196
Druid : Pasta 170

I don't open insane amounts of chests but ive opened around 350 total id say and: highest money was once 100k, highest plat once 1k, not a single mount, maybe 1 common charm, around 5 common instruments, once a regular white glove.
Rest of all was other, regular stuff, and i can live with this u till someone who opens 15 chests gets a mythic mount.
JelleB 82 ranger (retired)
TheHealOfGod (finally)109+ druid
some other noob accounts
herne