Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Game Dying?

If u compare the population on each server to that of say 2014 then it's certainly decreased by a large chunk.
Yup. That was my greatest concern. After i returned tot he game, a lot of players that i used to play with had vanished. Yeah there were a few new faces here and there but areas that were normally flooded (like castle) were completely empty. It was sad to see. I think OTM should work on their advertisement to bring more light towards this game. Definitely the best game i've ever played on my phone, or any ios device.

No idea about other servers, but epona has been really active lately. Probably because of all the xfers, though...
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

No idea about other servers, but epona has been really active lately. Probably because of all the xfers, though...
Epona is probably the most popular server because it's different and people like the systems they run there, it gives a ton more freedom which is what I think this game needs more of. I personally think the problem is the community and what players have created on their servers, and the same old system and the same old routines get boring or maybe frustrates people. I can imagine there is little to no issues over on Epona because it's a "free" server. Don't blame the company, blame the community
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Epona is probably the most popular server because it's different and people like the systems they run there, it gives a ton more freedom which is what I think this game needs more of. I personally think the problem is the community and what players have created on their servers, and the same old system and the same old routines get boring or maybe frustrates people. I can imagine there is little to no issues over on Epona because it's a "free" server. Don't blame the company, blame the community
Otm made the open world bosses it is otms choice to keep it as such. So yes if you want to play the blame game it's otm. Every server has its issues drama etc.. dom or open server isn't an issue just a playstyle choice.

More new players are needed and reasons for those new players to keep playing. I just started playing again and a few new players have approached me asking different questions. When explaining how to do things, like camping, world bosses, etc they get discouraged.

This game is very similar to Everquest in game philosophy with respect to world bosses and camping. At its height EQ had 450,000 subscribers. Then WOW came along with instances, much less camping and a player centric approach. Wow has had 16,000,000 subscribers. Otm approach to game philosophy has really limited the appeal this game has to players.
A n e x a n d e r
Ranger of Avalon
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same when you are stupid.

More new players are needed and reasons for those new players to keep playing. I just started playing again and a few new players have approached me asking different questions. When explaining how to do things, like camping, world bosses, etc they get discouraged.

This game is very similar to Everquest in game philosophy with respect to world bosses and camping. At its height EQ had 450,000 subscribers. Then WOW came along with instances, much less camping and a player centric approach. Wow has had 16,000,000 subscribers. Otm approach to game philosophy has really limited the appeal this game has to players.
If OTM launched a full game and did some legitimite great advertising instead of this alpha/beta state of a game it would be far more succesfull. Alot of people had the feeling they were playing a beta game ( including me ) and tried to support OTM but felt betrayed in the long run i guess. I think thats why a chunk of players is missing and will never come back. OTM should stop stating things like "MILLIONS OF PLAYERS" to get people into the game ( the truth will always come out )

Btw Everquest had way more subscribers and active playerbase dont think that is the correct number as i recall it was millions. Servers were filled back in 2000/2001, it just had a high learning curve but surely enough content seeing all the addons that came after that like luclin etc etc. Alot of EQ players eventually went over to WoW cause it was "Next Gen" and blizzard had great advertisment and also through the diablo series.

Just my 2 cents...

Oh and Zyz,.. there is no community left only you handfull of hardcores on each server ( or well a few servers ) that have just enough to do gelebron when logging into multiple accounts ( Some servers cannot even down Gelebron and never will cause they have more drama and greed than population on the server ). Did you know sharing accounts is a bannable offence ?

Goodluck OTM.
Autolycus
Rogue
- Retired -
Due to the lack of content,.. and the worst effort vs reward i have ever seen in a MMORPG.

~ Quality over Quantity ~

Otm made the open world bosses it is otms choice to keep it as such. So yes if you want to play the blame game it's otm. Every server has its issues drama etc.. dom or open server isn't an issue just a playstyle choice.
And clearly there's a lot more people that favor Epona's system. Epona is free of a lot of things people dislike, camping is probably one of them as every clan works together... it's just one big happy family. The players decided to do clan vs clan and it only brings negative results, Lugh is a great example of this. Yes it does come down to taste of play style, problem is those that prefer the competition come complaining about camping... well camping is apart of competition so why are you complaining? If you are complaining about camping then perhaps Epona would be a better option for you. I personally haven't played on Epona but Ive played on the "free" side of lugh which is pretty close to Epona from what I've heard from friends that have moved to Epona. My main point is otm made this game and left it up to the players to make something out of it so I would say it's on the players for creating such a negative community.
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

Even though EQ had camping and world bosses, it was still way more fun.
It had plenty of content, at initial release it had about 70 zones and multiple races.
It had a good class and skill system, even though class balance took a while to fix (as most MMOs do).
It had crafting, auction house,, epic quests, variety of high end armor and weapons, non cookie cutter builds.
Camping was only a pain in EQ because they put the rare items on rare spawns, but world bosses weren't that big of an issue.

The fact is that OTM wasted 4 years doing temporary content. This was simply the biggest cause of why the game failed to rise to O&C popularity levels. Today, with the exception of the Tower, we have the same zones and same bosses we have had since 2013 when Dragonfire update was released. They went through 2, maybe even 3, graphic engine overhaul, rewriting most of it from scratch.

After 5.5 years in existence, you think CH would be more developed, but still no AH, no crafting, no high level epic quests, there is one single armor choice, one weapon choice, class balance sucks, pvp sucks. Hopefully players stick around longer for another few years, OTM intends to get there, just hope it's not too late.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

EQ is also a pc game as well as WoW, which is an unfair comparison
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

If OTM launched a full game and did some legitimite great advertising instead of this alpha/beta state of a game it would be far more succesfull. Alot of people had the feeling they were playing a beta game ( including me ) and tried to support OTM but felt betrayed in the long run i guess. I think thats why a chunk of players is missing and will never come back. OTM should stop stating things like "MILLIONS OF PLAYERS" to get people into the game ( the truth will always come out )

Btw Everquest had way more subscribers and active playerbase dont think that is the correct number as i recall it was millions. Servers were filled back in 2000/2001, it just had a high learning curve but surely enough content seeing all the addons that came after that like luclin etc etc. Alot of EQ players eventually went over to WoW cause it was "Next Gen" and blizzard had great advertisment and also through the diablo series.

Just my 2 cents...

Oh and Zyz,.. there is no community left only you handfull of hardcores on each server ( or well a few servers ) that have just enough to do gelebron when logging into multiple accounts ( Some servers cannot even down Gelebron and never will cause they have more drama and greed than population on the server ). Did you know sharing accounts is a bannable offence ?

Goodluck OTM.
I haven't even posted in this thread. Not sure why you addressed me.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue