Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Rolling For Raid Drops

thats why on my sever at least we give DKP points for people who turn up to the important bosses sreng, snorri, unox, rev 6* bosses so its not just raid loggers who receive points
Good system that we did consider but too much effort to implement. Kudos to your clan for doing it. I think Avalon has also a good system that takes into account not just attendance at endgame raid,
It's sounds like lots of effort but we eased into it so if leaders share the work it's not so bad, we only take attend from the 6* spawns and give points, 4* and 5* don't have any and they spawn the most. It works exactly how it was suppose to and creates a gap between the active players helping on all bosses and the glory kill players, however gelebron and proteus have different point pools(we call them pkp and akp, a for arcane) from our dkp one. proteus also gives both type of points so the people attending proteus kills get extra gelebron points, gelebron items are bid on using akp, proteus items using pkp and every other raid boss items using dkp, separated for reasons that would take to long to explain but basically to be fair to lower levels and to separate midgame from the new endgame. Sounds very technical but after you do it for a month or 2+ it becomes easy and a very fair system that rewards effort to the best of our point system's ability.
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

Avalon has the same Arcane Sanctum DKP pool which we use to distribute Prot/Gele loot. The difference is all the points from other pools get funneled into this pool as well, so overall contribution counts, not just Arcane Sanctum raids.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Avalon has the same Arcane Sanctum DKP pool which we use to distribute Prot/Gele loot. The difference is all the points from other pools get funneled into this pool as well, so overall contribution counts, not just Arcane Sanctum raids.
That's interesting, could you elaborate on how it's funneled into the arcane pool?
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

The DKP system has its place, on a world like Epona it doesn't. We don't have lock battles like the other worlds. We have multiple clans working to kill the same boss, thus dicing for drops. For worlds where you have clan(s) big enough to clan kill a boss, it makes sense to have a reward/bidding system so that the loot goes into your most boss active players characters.

Dicing has worked, although not perfect, for Epona due to the type of world that it is. People unhappy with it can always xfer. It's usually only new players that have to learn the system as most server xfers already know what it's like here.

As Aileron said, loot counsels are subjective, DKP is great for lock battle servers and for people who can log for a lot of bosses. Each server needs to find its own loot distribution that works for them. There is no one "fix all" solution for every server. That's what makes each world unique.

I'm curious, on eponia does every toon get a roll for contributing (if the right class) regardless of main/alt status?
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

^ no, you have to pick a class to roll for if you have an alt of the right lvl (even if it isn't at the boss), if it's a class rolls boss. You also only get one roll at free roll bosses, so you can never legally roll twice.
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

^ no, you have to pick a class to roll for if you have an alt of the right lvl (even if it isn't at the boss), if it's a class rolls boss. You also only get one roll at free roll bosses, so you can never legally roll twice.
So you have no issues with lying about alts or sharing mains to gain a lot of loot over honest chumps? You can't tell who is behind the keyboard.

Do you declare this before drops or after its known what they are? Is it a one time thing so more than 1 alt are banned from gear? I'm interested how it's handled.

To clarify I'm talking about of level contributing members, not people who are unable to contribute for whatever reason. Also curious if it's ok for a main to show up and afk barely helping, they get full roll benefits?

Curious about this as I've seen quite a few liars, they are almost never punished even when the planets align and are actually caught.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

You have to call your class before the boss dies, if don't, you roll whatever class you're using.

As for afkers, unless it's a mage or Druid that is afk, they'd still technically be killing the boss with autos. Rangers for example at end game can afk quite easily. Sharpen/steady every couple mins and you're golden. Should we punish them because they have broken skills and rely 99% on autos?

What about those that lose connection mid fight and miss a min or two reconnecting? Do we punish them and don't let them roll because they didn't participate 100% of the fight? What about those that are on an idol timer and can't attack for 20 seconds?

If it's obvious that someone is clearly afk-ing, then yes, we agree as a group that they're afk and get no roll. Or afk when the fight starts and they finally jump in 4 mins in. Those are determined on a per situation basis.

As for people lying about alts... People lie to get gain all the time. Most alts are known. If they're sharing accounts, oh well. How are we to prove who is behind the screen is really who it should be? We try to work in harmony the best we can, avoid drama and just have fun bossing.

There will always be deception in online gaming. It's the nature of the beast. The majority try to not let that impede the fun aspect of gaming together.

And yes, people have been banned from bossing/dicing due to lying/cheating/drop stealing. It's a character suicide in this world. Hence why a lot of them sell said drop and make an alt or move worlds. Nothing we can really do about that. There isn't really a tracking option with Apple/OTM to help curb the issue.

You have to call your class before the boss dies, if don't, you roll whatever class you're using.

As for afkers, unless it's a mage or Druid that is afk, they'd still technically be killing the boss with autos. Rangers for example at end game can afk quite easily. Sharpen/steady every couple mins and you're golden. Should we punish them because they have broken skills and rely 99% on autos?
No. I have an end game str ranger. But just afk on them isn't acceptable imo. Laying dead on the floor for 5min or completely neglecting any needed strategy isn't helping much. Certainly not as much as someone who is multiboxing actively and doing a good job.

What about those that lose connection mid fight and miss a min or two reconnecting? Do we punish them and don't let them roll because they didn't participate 100% of the fight? What about those that are on an idol timer and can't attack for 20 seconds?
idol lock no, but if they log off for too long yes. In a 30 min boss fight would you reward someone for lying afk dead 5 min then timing out (since they afk 5 min before dying) only to log in 10 min later? I wouldn't put up with that personally but I'm curious what others think.

If it's obvious that someone is clearly afk-ing, then yes, we agree as a group that they're afk and get no roll. Or afk when the fight starts and they finally jump in 4 mins in. Those are determined on a per situation basis.

As for people lying about alts... People lie to get gain all the time. Most alts are known. If they're sharing accounts, oh well. How are we to prove who is behind the screen is really who it should be? We try to work in harmony the best we can, avoid drama and just have fun bossing.

There will always be deception in online gaming. It's the nature of the beast. The majority try to not let that impede the fun aspect of gaming together.

And yes, people have been banned from bossing/dicing due to lying/cheating/drop stealing. It's a character suicide in this world. Hence why a lot of them sell said drop and make an alt or move worlds. Nothing we can really do about that. There isn't really a tracking option with Apple/OTM to help curb the issue.
So I'm a bit confused. You said you can't be sure but then said people get blacklisted (server agreement banned). You then go on to say lying is the nature of the beast - a tacit claim if you can pull it off it's hard to tell so why care? With such incentive to lie and no way to prove it I'd imagine it's between 5-10% or some similar large number of players. Does this happen for sharing mains or secret alts/multi mains? I can understand something like getting a void poison spear and logging off with it, that's obvious. Not obvious how you prove the lying, so I'm wondering how it's done and maybe get some pointers or insight.
220+ toons

Toon histogram: