Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Your quick guide to being a merchant

Thought its a timely point to add that the absolute BEST time to merch is the day before to three days into a new event. People will be desperate to sell perfectly good items to get the new shiny stuff.

so many people wait and all sell at the last second the market is glutted with far too many sellers and few buyers. Desperate to sell they will sell to you for the vendor price or slightly above which is a no risk to low risk buy. I've even had people sell under the vendor price because they have no gold to use the vendors that buy at full buyback price and are far far far too impatient to wait till they do get the gold. They want instant gratification and you want to merch, it's benefical to both of you.

Prices of the new items are astronomical in the first few days, if you open chests and get a rare its a prime time to sell.

Overall it's key to have a large pile of gold going into a new event as a merchant.

If you are noob and want in on making money, if you farm the event fashion / item quests hard you can make awesome gold in the first few days, doubly so if you are lucky. On my world people were paying up to 20k a foxglove, for example, which is a huge amount to a level 10 or even lvl 50.

I agree with a large stack of gold I keep around 30milish gold on me. Fash can also skyrocket but it depends tbh it's a bit trickier picking the right ones
30MILLISH!!!!!! wow I know you merch, but have you ever bought plat?
I am awesome -me :)
level ---- Hybrid mage - taranis
First person ever to cosplay celtic heroes http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=78414
rubber chicken :O

Thought its a timely point to add that the absolute BEST time to merch is the day before to three days into a new event. People will be desperate to sell perfectly good items to get the new shiny stuff.

so many people wait and all sell at the last second the market is glutted with far too many sellers and few buyers. Desperate to sell they will sell to you for the vendor price or slightly above which is a no risk to low risk buy. I've even had people sell under the vendor price because they have no gold to use the vendors that buy at full buyback price and are far far far too impatient to wait till they do get the gold. They want instant gratification and you want to merch, it's benefical to both of you.

Prices of the new items are astronomical in the first few days, if you open chests and get a rare its a prime time to sell.

Overall it's key to have a large pile of gold going into a new event as a merchant.

If you are noob and want in on making money, if you farm the event fashion / item quests hard you can make awesome gold in the first few days, doubly so if you are lucky. On my world people were paying up to 20k a foxglove, for example, which is a huge amount to a level 10 or even lvl 50.

I agree with a large stack of gold I keep around 30milish gold on me. Fash can also skyrocket but it depends tbh it's a bit trickier picking the right ones
nope only time i got plat was when i got lucky opening chests lol. im just very patient and it is super fun to do :)

Definately keep a lot of money, also always stock up on lixs as in droughts they can go for a lot more example is combos are usually 7-8k in gwydion during one of the worst droughts every they were going for 12k ea, that's a profit of 4-5k per combo which might not seem like much, but when I buy them in the hundreds it ends up producing mills. I currently have 600 combos banked waiting on a rainy day and also have 1,500 hastes of which some for locks and some for reselling
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Definately keep a lot of money, also always stock up on lixs as in droughts they can go for a lot more example is combos are usually 7-8k in gwydion during one of the worst droughts every they were going for 12k ea, that's a profit of 4-5k per combo which might not seem like much, but when I buy them in the hundreds it ends up producing mills. I currently have 600 combos banked waiting on a rainy day and also have 1,500 hastes of which some for locks and some for reselling
wow man you got quite the portfolio on your server. How have you done in merching from the sound of it you probably rival my wealth lol

wow man you got quite the portfolio on your server. How have you done in merching from the sound of it you probably rival my wealth lol
Portfolio?(like asking random ppl on my server?) And yeah probably I am also a non plat buyer but I can't compare to plat buyers on the server like zaraki and burzum
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Step 1: OTM implements an auction house
Step 2: finally be able to sell items without spamming every map to the point everyone is annoyed
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!
Mabye OTM could do that, like Eve online but it could be cross server so everyone could be connected and we wont have to xfer all the friggin time. :twisted: :twisted:
That kid who some how got himself to lvl 49.
chazzagozza lvl 49 warrior

One thing to keep in mind, and i've learned this throughout the years. It is more wise to hold valuable items than gold, generally speaking. This would only apply to items of increasing value and not the junk people claim to be worth a ton like skain or garanak stuff. Skain might be expensive now, because of greed but trust me it WILL devalue. Items such as sparkling lugh masks and rare mounts WILL increase in value. Holding a lot of gold might be cool, but as the prices of items are going up the value of gold is going down.

Portfolio?(like asking random ppl on my server?) And yeah probably I am also a non plat buyer but I can't compare to plat buyers on the server like zaraki and burzum
Portfolio as in the assets you hold