Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: I love Bolas! Like a kite on a string

I have to say rangers do have the best skills by far. My question is what skills do you use? I use bolas, light heal, sharp shot, mediate, bandage wounds, and camo (all 10) and I'd like to know what you replaced for barbed shot.

I have the following maxed: ( in order of importance) sharp shot, light heal, bolas, Rapid Shot, Barbed Shot, Steady Aim. I have bandage at 6 but may change that if the update allows maxing skills to 15

I have sigils so no need to meditate. Also I try to avoid the loer level mobs in the catacombs so camo is unnecessary for me.

Hope this helps.
Crom: Raven3 Arawn: Raven, Nightingale Sulis: Raven4, Rhianon: Raven5

Raven you hypocrite, "I don't use pots, I'd become dependent! I use sigils, they're permanent..."

:P

So my clan has very few rangers so I thought I'd make one to see what it's like. And this strategy sounds interesting, but is it even worth pursuing if i don't spend money on sigils? I've spent money for skills but on sigils just seems too unfair to me.

Raven you hypocrite, "I don't use pots, I'd become dependent! I use sigils, they're permanent..."

So my clan has very few rangers so I thought I'd make one to see what it's like. And this strategy sounds interesting, but is it even worth pursuing if i don't spend money on sigils? I've spent money for skills but on sigils just seems too unfair to me.
R u in brotherhood :D
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I hope you were kidding but just in case you were not you calling me a hypocrite is a specious comment. Just becuase I use sigils and not potions is not a contradiction at all. Honestly The main reason I bought sigils was to save time. I bought them so during a boss fight I could get back in quicker after running out of energy! Consequently, I discovered that if I did not auto target a mob or boss then my mana would regen and I could keep up an attack indefinatly while using bolas.

OK for "ME" using pots is just way too easy. There is no challenge with pots, and I enjoy a challenge! Fighting a boss "with bolas"* is very challenging. I don't fault anyone for using potions It's just not for me. Just seems to easy.

*edited
Yes, if you don't use bolas, then you have missed out on one of the top tools available to a ranger. Also you cant buy skills with Platinum so I'm not really sure what you mean. Additionally bolas on a boss is really not an ideal scenario. The only reason I tried it was for the challenge! Really, you don't need sigils for day to day kills with a ranger. you may be challeneged if you get a harder mob.
Last edited by Raven on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crom: Raven3 Arawn: Raven, Nightingale Sulis: Raven4, Rhianon: Raven5

ya u better be messin :D :D
TIGHTY32
107+
WARRIOR
MABON

R u in brotherhood
Yessiree
I hope you were kidding but just in case you were not you calling me a hypocrite is a specious comment. Just becuase I use sigils and not potions is not a contradiction at all. Honestly The main reason I bought sigils was to save time. I bought them so during a boss fight I could get back in quicker after running out of energy! Consequently, I discovered that if I did not auto target a mob or boss then my mana would regen and I could keep up an attack indefinatly while using bolas.

OK for "ME" using pots is just way too easy. There is no challenge with pots, and I enjoy a challenge! Fighting a boss "with bolas"* is very challenging. I don't fault anyone for using potions It's just not for me. Just seems to easy.
Potions make the game easier by giving you mana/health. Sigils do the exact same thing except on a permanent basis. For this reason I don't like sigils. Obviously you're using them so you can do this strategy, which I've got to admit is probably making your life harder than just not doing it haha, but wouldn't it be harder still if you weren't using sigils?
I could honestly rant forever about them, but I basically dislike them because it's a permanent boost that is paid for, whereas potions are just temporary.
Yes, if you don't use bolas, then you have missed out on one of the top tools available to a ranger. Also you cant buy skills with Platinum so I'm not really sure what you mean. Additionally bolas on a boss is really not an ideal scenario. The only reason I tried it was for the challenge! Really, you don't need sigils for day to day kills with a ranger. you may be challeneged if you get a harder mob.
Ummm I meant is it worth getting bolas and upgrading it with this strategy in mind. I'm gonna keep levelling the ranger either way. I think your answer is I shouldn't try this strategy without sigils?
And by skills I meant hotbar skill slots.