Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Android plat purchase gives incorrect price

Being tax doesnt make sense, and being currency conversion rates doesnt make sense either.

The increase amounts seem totally arbitrary. If they were either of the above, the increase percentages would be the same for all the bundles.

Also I'm fairly sure you are sent dollars and your bank is responsible for conversion.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

I had the same thing happen. I tried playing on ios and didnt get charged the "tax" but have been getting it on android for almost a year. people keep saying its a media tax but no other apps do the same and ive also tried having a friend in a state that doesnt charge media tax make the purchase on my account and it still charged it. Funny thing is its a flat 17% across the board for everyone even though different states have different media tax percentages. Also, my state does not have a media tax yet, (even though i thought it did) and the only laws pertaining to online sales that require the collection of taxes state that tax is only to be charged on internet purchases that are made by a person in the state in which the company selling the item has a physical prescence. (I.E. A warehouse, office, distribution facility, etc).

I have bought over 600+$ worth of plat with this"tax"
Ik many more people have bought a lot more id like a full refund or something at least. Ty or we all sue lol:P
The additional charges are not tax but conversion rates between currency.

We are working on figuring out what happened and why these charges have appeared from Google.

All purchases are confirmed by the player but we are working on why they appeared.

https://developer.android.com/google/pl ... index.html
"Google Play handles all checkout details so your application never has to directly process any financial transactions"

Currency conversion is a financial transaction. Its not handled by Google, but by your receiving bank.
And again, even if it was currency conversion, the increase percentage would be the same for all the bundles.

Just to reiterate heroes this is not tax or false advertising.

OTM have never changed their prices, we are working on figuring out why these auto charges for currency conversion have arisen.

In light of the new statements I have seen made by both players and OTM representatives I would like to request a refund for the excess that I have been charged throughout my purchases due to the false advertising. If a representative of OTM would please personal message me i can provide screenshots and detailed information on all the purchases that have been effected. It seems to have been happening for almost a year now.

I have bought over 600+$ worth of plat with this"tax"
Ik many more people have bought a lot more id like a full refund or something at least. Ty or we all sue lol:P
The additional charges are not tax but conversion rates between currency.

We are working on figuring out what happened and why these charges have appeared from Google.

All purchases are confirmed by the player but we are working on why they appeared.
I did confirm the purchase but why u make ios pay less?
At least tell us.
Prob some legal issues making others pay less dont u think?
I understand it may not be ur guys fault but where would the extra money be going?

In light of the new statements I have seen made by both players and OTM representatives I would like to request a refund for the excess that I have been charged throughout my purchases due to the false advertising. If a representative of OTM would please personal message me i can provide screenshots and detailed information on all the purchases that have been effected. It seems to have been happening for almost a year now.
There was no false advertising. The problem is not a human error, it is a computer bug.

As a developer, you are literally unable to specify what things get charged and by how much more. You set a region, and an increase percentage for that region. That means all the in app purchases made in that region will be increased by that percentage.

As you can see on one of the posts I made on the first page, the increase percentages are not all the same. Because OTM is literally unable to set different percentages for different items, this cannot be intentional or human error.

This is not false advertising, the conversion tax was added due to the change of currency. We are working on figuring out the reasoning behind the additional charges.

We understand your frustration and are working on the problem.