Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Gays and lesbeins new law in the USA

I really avoided posting on this thread, because I see no positive resolution. No one entrenched in their ideas will be swayed by some forum banter. I am posting against my better judgement because there is something I wanted to throw into the conversation.

I'm not going to talk about religion, because that is pointless. I'm not going to talk about rights, nor forms of government, because those are also pointless here. And as it would be pointless, I am neither going to talk about genetics nor population bombs.

I will say this however:

I am the very proud father of a two and a half year old boy. Each and every day he makes me smile. Each and every day he makes me laugh. Each and every day he tests my patience, and with a moment of reflection I realize that he is growing and learning how the world works, and how people react. Each day he gives me a hug and a kiss when I leave for work, and most days (if he isn't napping) he runs to the window when he hears my car pull in the drive, then rushes to the door to welcome me home. I always step out of my car and look to the window, and wait before unlocking the door to hear the pat-pat-pat of his feet running down the hall. Every evening we play with cars, blocks, puzzles, read books... and he falls asleep with the utter soundness that only tuckered toddlers can achieve.

I don't know where life will take him. But I do know this. No matter what he does, I will love him the same as I do now. I will always be proud that he is my boy.

If it so happens that he is gay, will that cause me to love him less? No.
Will it cause me to be less proud of all the things he is bound to do and achieve over the next several decades? No.

As a parent, we want our children to be happy. We want them to grow into self-sufficient, upstanding members of society, sure, but above all we wish for their health and happiness. It would cause me great pain to know that my son was unhappy. It would bring me to tears to know that he was living in fear of being himself.

In the grand scheme of things, I couldn't care less if he is gay or straight. What I do care about is him and his well being. I hope that throughout his life he wakes up every morning happy to be who he is. And in a selfish sort of way... I hope he is always happy to have me as his dad.

I suspect many of your parents feel the same.
Dammit that made me tear up :cry: :cry:
Ranger ~TeslaStrike~ Lv191+
Rogue ~HyperStrike~ Lv177+
~Proud to be a part of Avalon~

^LOLOLOLOL! IF there was a genetic cause in sexual orientation, same gender couples would be able to reproduce.... End of story
I was initially baffled by this one but I think I get it now. If you were trying to make your username ironic, I admire your wit. Made me chuckle.
Learned...hehe

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

@ Voldemort

Nice genetics review but there is one small typo. You reversed your numbers (46 not 64) when you entered the human chromosome number. I am sure you know this and just mistyped.

Leave it to a dyslexic ranger to notice this. Maybe it is my CDO acting up (That’s OCD in alphabetical order…as it should be dang it!).

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

^LOLOLOLOL! IF there was a genetic cause in sexual orientation, same gender couples would be able to reproduce.... End of story
Lesbians can get in vitro, so that's half of your reason invalid. Sure guys cant reproduce, that's what adoptions for. Also,
Most gays and lesbians turn that way through childhood when they discover groups that accept them
This makes no sense. Why would such groups accept them if they weren't homosexual already? And how do you know that this is how most children become gay? I see no hard evidence, just misconceptions and stereotypes.

cant blame uzi really... not his fault he grew up in a southern state with prejudiced, republican parents
Ouch. 1. You don't know where I live. 2. my parents are republican, accept it or shut up. 3. You have NO right no insult me based on where I live or what I believe in. Yes you can disagree with me and argue, but insulting is down right immature. As a moderator, the community expects more. On the other hand, I live in new york where a bunch of people live, in diversity and all different orientations and beliefs. Pretty sure NYC isn't southern, yeah it can be rural in some areas, but not southern. If you think all southern states are nothing but republican, well all I'm gonna say is WRONG. as one of your gay rights forum members said "America has a ton of different cultures and beliefs." or whatever, and you want ME to accept the fact that there are GAY members of society, but you can't even accept the fact that i am a republican and a christian. Hypocrisy is found everywhere.... No joke. everywhere. I will stand firm on my beliefs, through insults, flaming, and other bs, I will stand strong. You can't do anything to change that. The way you feel sad for me that I'm republican, I feel sad that you were raised in a money leeching family in a communist based mindset. I'm so sorry that you had to be indoctrinated and had your mind turned to applesauce because of the way your parents think. But one thing remains: same sex couple cannot reproduce. Adoption? you think this is about adoption? what happens when everyone turns gay and dies out after 100 years because no one is reproducing? Guess we'll have to wait another billion years so monkeys can become humans again (sarcasm). It is a choice. The groups accept them because they're probably not popular, cool, etc. But what they don't realize is that they become LESS popular, etc. and become gay. Being gay is a sin, if you're not a christian and you don't believe in God, NEWSFLASH! You're at judgment day, and God calls your name, and you step up, he starts saying how you were wrong and how you made the wrong decision, and you try to apologize to him, but he says you already had a chance and you blew it. As christians, we want to prevent as many people from going through that as possible. Now if you will excuse me I have a banjo lesson to attend.(also sarcasm) -.-
Lv 130 active rogue
Coolbreezer
Long lost level 100 mage
Uziweaut

@ Voldemort

Nice genetics review but there is one small typo. You reversed your numbers (46 not 64) when you entered the human chromosome number. I am sure you know this and just mistyped.

Leave it to a dyslexic ranger to notice this. Maybe it is my CDO acting up (That’s OCD in alphabetical order…as it should be dang it!).
Woops, sorry! I will change it now. ;)

@Dersu - that is extremely well-written. I am sure many gays and lesbians out there would be overjoyed to have a father like you but it sadly isn't the case everywhere.

Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff
Want me to read your post? Quote me!

Meh, we are all going to die so what does it matter who we love?
It matters because you will be judged. Ready my previous post.
Everyone sins. Is being gay unforgivable?
If God is real, will He view being gay as a bigger sin than others?
No, it is forgivable, but not until homosexual turns from their ways and asks for forgiveness. God loves all people equally, good follower, vague follower, criminal, average joe...
Lv 130 active rogue
Coolbreezer
Long lost level 100 mage
Uziweaut

@ Uzi you are right it was a low blow with unfounded comments. I retracted it and apologized well before your response.
You are right i have no right to insult you based on your residence, i do however strongly feel that if your beliefs are discriminatory than i have every right to judge you for that.
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out