Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dino wand vs Gele wands

#11
hydraofwar wrote:What about grimoires? Would it be possible to get critics frequently if we add a tier 6 dragon (+1k critical skill ability) + a dark dino grim (+900 critic skill ability) + cg offy (+250 critic skill ability) ?? Does anyone know if this would be a viable source of dps

Sadly no, crits were built using the same background system that applies to all abilities, in which ability points do not equal accuracy.
Way abilities work is up to a point they determine accuracy, but after that point they no longer have any meaningful or noticeable impact on how frequently something occurs/lands. This point is where the "ability" level = the mob level (as in, 2200 ability being equal to 220 level, thus as long as ability is 2200 it will have same hit chance on a 220 enemy as 3200 ability).
This was admitted by Muldar I believe sometime in the past, but I can't remember where as well as extensively tested by Aileron and the community back in 2016.

Anyways... sadly it doesn't.

I will put a caveat here... this was how OTM developed crits and while VR never mentioned any updates to do with how crits are processed, I can't say with any authority or knowledge that they weren't changed, and no research has been done any time recently to prove or disprove that things are the same.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?


Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Re: Dino wand vs Gele wands

#12
hydraofwar wrote:What about grimoires? Would it be possible to get critics frequently if we add a tier 6 dragon (+1k critical skill ability) + a dark dino grim (+900 critic skill ability) + cg offy (+250 critic skill ability) ?? Does anyone know if this would be a viable source of dps

dino grims are pretty neat if you’re more of a group player (and want the raids to go faster and smoother) and care about pvp. Generally speaking grims aren’t bad dps wise in any way possible and will always remain a viable mainhand choice. Depending on crits has and will never be a reliable form of dps
Settled - 222 Mage

Re: Dino wand vs Gele wands

#13
bob the mage wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
SamySamSamBoss2000 wrote:Yeah I'm talking about swapping of the dino grim. If other people are casting the skill then it's fine otherwise it suffers a little.

no its not lol, i’d like to know if you’ve actually got an eg mage toon or you’re just saying stuff on the basis of reading different posts on the forums

ya ._. grim skills op on raids. Sure they suck on comparison for individual DPS but raids are all about groups (HA HA HA almost believed that when I wrote it, what server doesn't compete for kills :lol: ). Anyone hogging a dino grim at this stage of the game rly isn't thinking about their clan/server ._.


It only takes two books to have the skill almost constantly on. I'm not saying you should but for the servers who already have 3 someone can hotswap it without much detriment. Servers are only going to get more.

Re: Dino wand vs Gele wands

#15
Sleepy wrote:
hydraofwar wrote:What about grimoires? Would it be possible to get critics frequently if we add a tier 6 dragon (+1k critical skill ability) + a dark dino grim (+900 critic skill ability) + cg offy (+250 critic skill ability) ?? Does anyone know if this would be a viable source of dps

dino grims are pretty neat if you’re more of a group player (and want the raids to go faster and smoother) and care about pvp. Generally speaking grims aren’t bad dps wise in any way possible and will always remain a viable mainhand choice. Depending on crits has and will never be a reliable form of dps


Man I always thought that dino grim would really make critics more frequent, now that Bob said no, I don't see why I would use dino grim instead of swap gele wands (or using dino wand) to do more damage, I know, the dino grim lure is really relevant, but if you are a hard mage dps, why not leave the lure mage with the grim casting the lure of the grim for example?? The dino grim at the end seems suitable for lure mages. Ok, the damage to the skill of the grim could be relevant, but the swaping build setting gele wands for fb, shards blast/fs + 3 ability BT rings and one cd ring for shards/fb would probably beat dino grim (always applying the skill damage) + 4 BT ability rings.

Re: Dino wand vs Gele wands

#16
Hexan wrote:Dino wands, with the exception of fb, are inferior to gele wands, however Dino Grims are superior to both. Although, in general, three void gele wands are preferable.


The shards wand gives almost the exact same dps as the fire bolt one so why do you say its worse? I dont know the exact cd for blast and FS (especially with recast gear) but it seems your loosing less blast damage then fs damage when you use dino wand instead of gele. We all know the wand of earth is unfathomable.

Re: Dino wand vs Gele wands

#17
hydraofwar wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
hydraofwar wrote:What about grimoires? Would it be possible to get critics frequently if we add a tier 6 dragon (+1k critical skill ability) + a dark dino grim (+900 critic skill ability) + cg offy (+250 critic skill ability) ?? Does anyone know if this would be a viable source of dps

dino grims are pretty neat if you’re more of a group player (and want the raids to go faster and smoother) and care about pvp. Generally speaking grims aren’t bad dps wise in any way possible and will always remain a viable mainhand choice. Depending on crits has and will never be a reliable form of dps


Man I always thought that dino grim would really make critics more frequent, now that Bob said no, I don't see why I would use dino grim instead of swap gele wands (or using dino wand) to do more damage, I know, the dino grim lure is really relevant, but if you are a hard mage dps, why not leave the lure mage with the grim casting the lure of the grim for example?? The dino grim at the end seems suitable for lure mages. Ok, the damage to the skill of the grim could be relevant, but the swaping build setting gele wands for fb, shards blast/fs + 3 ability BT rings and one cd ring for shards/fb would probably beat dino grim (always applying the skill damage) + 4 BT ability rings.


Tempesttorn did some testing and found that you could increase your crit chance by using dino grim. Its not guaranteed his tests are accurate but I havent seen any other tests for crit chance specifically that contradict it.

Re: Dino wand vs Gele wands

#18
SamySamSamBoss2000 wrote:
hydraofwar wrote:
Sleepy wrote:dino grims are pretty neat if you’re more of a group player (and want the raids to go faster and smoother) and care about pvp. Generally speaking grims aren’t bad dps wise in any way possible and will always remain a viable mainhand choice. Depending on crits has and will never be a reliable form of dps


Man I always thought that dino grim would really make critics more frequent, now that Bob said no, I don't see why I would use dino grim instead of swap gele wands (or using dino wand) to do more damage, I know, the dino grim lure is really relevant, but if you are a hard mage dps, why not leave the lure mage with the grim casting the lure of the grim for example?? The dino grim at the end seems suitable for lure mages. Ok, the damage to the skill of the grim could be relevant, but the swaping build setting gele wands for fb, shards blast/fs + 3 ability BT rings and one cd ring for shards/fb would probably beat dino grim (always applying the skill damage) + 4 BT ability rings.


Tempesttorn did some testing and found that you could increase your crit chance by using dino grim. Its not guaranteed his tests are accurate but I havent seen any other tests for crit chance specifically that contradict it.

That would be a nice change if so, I’m only able to go off of what Muldar told us eons ago and lots been changed since then. I haven’t done any independent testing yet (started it while back but never bothered to finish it lol).
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?


Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Re: Dino wand vs Gele wands

#20
SamySamSamBoss2000 wrote:
hydraofwar wrote:
Sleepy wrote:dino grims are pretty neat if you’re more of a group player (and want the raids to go faster and smoother) and care about pvp. Generally speaking grims aren’t bad dps wise in any way possible and will always remain a viable mainhand choice. Depending on crits has and will never be a reliable form of dps


Man I always thought that dino grim would really make critics more frequent, now that Bob said no, I don't see why I would use dino grim instead of swap gele wands (or using dino wand) to do more damage, I know, the dino grim lure is really relevant, but if you are a hard mage dps, why not leave the lure mage with the grim casting the lure of the grim for example?? The dino grim at the end seems suitable for lure mages. Ok, the damage to the skill of the grim could be relevant, but the swaping build setting gele wands for fb, shards blast/fs + 3 ability BT rings and one cd ring for shards/fb would probably beat dino grim (always applying the skill damage) + 4 BT ability rings.


Tempesttorn did some testing and found that you could increase your crit chance by using dino grim. Its not guaranteed his tests are accurate but I havent seen any other tests for crit chance specifically that contradict it.


Sorry, but who is Tempesttorn? And if possible I would like to know his opinion on this topic, gele wand swaps (fb, shards fs/blast) vs dino wand vs dino grim

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheListener and 68 guests