Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Hello VR, open for your dead game

#11
Alishia wrote:I will disagree that we would all be happy with world transfers. The only thing we all have control of is our own reputations. If a player has tarnished their reputation in one world why should they get a do over in another? Ch is a social game we get to know each other as we level and play if players can simply pop in and out of worlds because they have the funds to do so it will change the game completely and not for the good. I believe people deserve second chances but they need to put in the work and prove themselves and that should mean creating a new character on your new world.


You currently have full control of an entire server, I don't blame you for not wanting anything to disturb that balance of power... But, I disagree with you... Many/many more would benefit from server transfers and it's the right course of action...

Re: Hello VR, open for your dead game

#12
Hallendheime wrote:
Alishia wrote:I will disagree that we would all be happy with world transfers. The only thing we all have control of is our own reputations. If a player has tarnished their reputation in one world why should they get a do over in another? Ch is a social game we get to know each other as we level and play if players can simply pop in and out of worlds because they have the funds to do so it will change the game completely and not for the good. I believe people deserve second chances but they need to put in the work and prove themselves and that should mean creating a new character on your new world.


You currently have full control of an entire server, I don't blame you for not wanting anything to disturb that balance of power... But, I disagree with you... Many/many more would benefit from server transfers and it's the right course of action...


Most servers have almost a decade of history, culture, mannerisms, and power dynamics, all completely unique, because the servers have largely been left alone to develop their own communities. Allowing server transfers on a scale where players can choose which server they wish to transfer to would ruin those communities and economies. What happens when a competition clan who can't beat the dominant clan transfers to a server where they can? It completely changes the game for the servers people transfer to, and while some benefit from being able to leave toxic servers others suffer from the power imbalance those transfers cause. It's a zero-sum benefit in that sense. I would also expect "server-ism" to be prevalent as native players reject incoming transfers as intruding upon their game experience.

The only situation where I support server transfers is to combine servers that are unable to kill raids due to low endgame populations. I'm not sure how things are across the servers, but it seems a few servers would benefit from that.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Re: Hello VR, open for your dead game

#13
Regenleif wrote:
Hallendheime wrote:
Alishia wrote:I will disagree that we would all be happy with world transfers. The only thing we all have control of is our own reputations. If a player has tarnished their reputation in one world why should they get a do over in another? Ch is a social game we get to know each other as we level and play if players can simply pop in and out of worlds because they have the funds to do so it will change the game completely and not for the good. I believe people deserve second chances but they need to put in the work and prove themselves and that should mean creating a new character on your new world.


You currently have full control of an entire server, I don't blame you for not wanting anything to disturb that balance of power... But, I disagree with you... Many/many more would benefit from server transfers and it's the right course of action...


Most servers have almost a decade of history, culture, mannerisms, and power dynamics, all completely unique, because the servers have largely been left alone to develop their own communities. Allowing server transfers on a scale where players can choose which server they wish to transfer to would ruin those communities and economies. What happens when a competition clan who can't beat the dominant clan transfers to a server where they can? It completely changes the game for the servers people transfer to, and while some benefit from being able to leave toxic servers others suffer from the power imbalance those transfers cause. It's a zero-sum benefit in that sense. I would also expect "server-ism" to be prevalent as native players reject incoming transfers as intruding upon their game experience.

The only situation where I support server transfers is to combine servers that are unable to kill raids due to low endgame populations. I'm not sure how things are across the servers, but it seems a few servers would benefit from that.


We're not talking so much about the clans or economies, we're discussing the impact on the individuals who put in the time, effort, and money... Those who get left behind or get nothing in return because of these overpowered clans who deem them unworthy (for one reason or another)... What becomes of these people now, they need alternative options... Transfers would solve this, how the development-team would like to implement and balance this is entirely up to them.

Re: Hello VR, open for your dead game

#14
If the player/customer does not feel welcomed or appreciated on a given server, or simply wants to pack there bags they should be able to do so with there purchases and belongings intact... End on story.

Re: Hello VR, open for your dead game

#15
Regenleif wrote:
Hallendheime wrote:
Alishia wrote:I will disagree that we would all be happy with world transfers. The only thing we all have control of is our own reputations. If a player has tarnished their reputation in one world why should they get a do over in another? Ch is a social game we get to know each other as we level and play if players can simply pop in and out of worlds because they have the funds to do so it will change the game completely and not for the good. I believe people deserve second chances but they need to put in the work and prove themselves and that should mean creating a new character on your new world.


You currently have full control of an entire server, I don't blame you for not wanting anything to disturb that balance of power... But, I disagree with you... Many/many more would benefit from server transfers and it's the right course of action...


Most servers have almost a decade of history, culture, mannerisms, and power dynamics, all completely unique, because the servers have largely been left alone to develop their own communities. Allowing server transfers on a scale where players can choose which server they wish to transfer to would ruin those communities and economies. What happens when a competition clan who can't beat the dominant clan transfers to a server where they can? It completely changes the game for the servers people transfer to, and while some benefit from being able to leave toxic servers others suffer from the power imbalance those transfers cause. It's a zero-sum benefit in that sense. I would also expect "server-ism" to be prevalent as native players reject incoming transfers as intruding upon their game experience.

The only situation where I support server transfers is to combine servers that are unable to kill raids due to low endgame populations. I'm not sure how things are across the servers, but it seems a few servers would benefit from that.


Massive +1 there, idk if I could keep playing if players were to flood my world, getting up the ranks of good gear is hard enough as it is lol, I can understand the struggles of servers that cant kill Dhio and BT.
Characters
World: Danu
Clan: Ascension
E3: Rogue (223)
Shadow9: DPS Warrior (222)
36O: Ranger (220)

Image

Instagram: @celtic_tavern (I do daily uploads, feel free to come say hi)

Re: Hello VR, open for your dead game

#16
To come back to the basic subject I had listed and having taken the time to read your comments (thanks for the constructive opinions) ;

I simply think that it would be more "livable" so that there is no difference between clans, if some places were instantiated (I know that this idea has already been suggested many times in different posts) ; and then wouldn't it be the basis of an MMORPG to be able to equip oneself properly without having to go through the cash shop ?

It's one of the first MMORPGs where I see all the bosses in "world boss" so it's war most of the time, maybe when Celtic Heroes had a very large community on most of the servers it was fair, but nowadays it's hard to have a fairness with the "dom" clans, then there are also those who can play under bluestack to be "more numerous", in 2011 I'd be surprised if someone told me that there are as many multi accounts as there are now, so the game comes down to being part of the "dom" clan if you intend to "finish the game" taking into account that you're not sure to find your place, and not sure to succeed either because some people consider this "work" as a second life almost. In the long run it is exhausting and I understand why many people get discouraged or stop.

My coming here was a suggestion to improve the game, so that all players can enjoy it, lockbattles are part of the game and a large majority of you like it, just that the "armor quests" should be reviewed differently, for a general fairness, and to see some areas "instanced" could be seen as "dungeons" or "raids" that you can only do with your group, this would require reviewing the HP / Defense / Armor / Dps etc of the bosses in question, and rather than having to loot Conflux, kill the bosses in question a certain number of times for each room, or if the Conflux remain, that the loot be distributed to the appropriate classes after the kill (for example a mage participates in the kill, he loot 1 Conflux for his class, and etc for the other classes) ; this would be for my personal opinion, another way to be able to see the game, I don't ask that it be applied everywhere, but it would allow for many clans that it is more entertaining and that there is a better equity (as for Dhio for example ; which is the last boss to date)

Re: Hello VR, open for your dead game

#17
I said this before and so have other people but I haven't seen it recently so I'll repeat it. The lock mechanic right now allows one group of players to monopolize drops almost completely. Let's be honest people are selfish most of our decisions we make for our own benefit. It's even worse in a game. Allowing one group of players to control all eg content on their server is ridiculous.

If you split the drops between different groups you can make it extremely difficult for the same people to always get every drop. You can make difference lock targets which appear simultaneously and have different lock requirements other then DMG.

Even if the best players on the server you won't let you have a chance at drops like normal. You don't need stronger group than them just strong enough get certain targets and then you still have access to the high-tier drops.

Re: Hello VR, open for your dead game

#18
There's good arguments for both sides but I mean server transfers will never happen unless cus it'd take them a lot of effort
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid
Image

Re: Hello VR, open for your dead game

#20
Regenleif wrote:
Hallendheime wrote:
Alishia wrote:I will disagree that we would all be happy with world transfers. The only thing we all have control of is our own reputations. If a player has tarnished their reputation in one world why should they get a do over in another? Ch is a social game we get to know each other as we level and play if players can simply pop in and out of worlds because they have the funds to do so it will change the game completely and not for the good. I believe people deserve second chances but they need to put in the work and prove themselves and that should mean creating a new character on your new world.


You currently have full control of an entire server, I don't blame you for not wanting anything to disturb that balance of power... But, I disagree with you... Many/many more would benefit from server transfers and it's the right course of action...


Most servers have almost a decade of history, culture, mannerisms, and power dynamics, all completely unique, because the servers have largely been left alone to develop their own communities. Allowing server transfers on a scale where players can choose which server they wish to transfer to would ruin those communities and economies. What happens when a competition clan who can't beat the dominant clan transfers to a server where they can? It completely changes the game for the servers people transfer to, and while some benefit from being able to leave toxic servers others suffer from the power imbalance those transfers cause. It's a zero-sum benefit in that sense. I would also expect "server-ism" to be prevalent as native players reject incoming transfers as intruding upon their game experience.

The only situation where I support server transfers is to combine servers that are unable to kill raids due to low endgame populations. I'm not sure how things are across the servers, but it seems a few servers would benefit from that.


What would you think of a new zeroed server that can be transferred there?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Robert and 48 guests