Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

New Player, need all the info and help I can get :)

Hello, I'm Bless. I'm a new player who is very interested in the game. I've watched alot of YouTube videos so ik a little about the game but just have a few questions.
1.What servers are the best?
2.Im deciding to either play Warrior or Mage, any recommendations??
3.Is there any tips I cant get? Lvling,stat distribution. Just anything needed known for a noobie ;D

I'm very very excited to play and highly interested in this game. Cant wait to play and enjoy the fun!!

Re: New Player, need all the info and help I can get :)

I'm glad to hear your excitement about the game hopefully it lasts long enough to get you through enough of the grinding that you keep playing :). As for which server is best I can't really say. If you can make a list of things you need in a server and things that you can't have I'm certain players can point you in the right direction.

I play on Epona currently and what there is to know here is that its a little overpopulated so getting better than average gear can be quite challenging unless you have a lot of gold. (even then it could be tough to find what you're looking for). We roll for drops so anyone can win an item if they're eligible but it also makes it random so your effort does not guarantee you a drop.

Consumables are pretty cheap and you can sell any drop to fund your other expenses. Since anyone can roll it's fairly straightforward to find a clan of people you get along with and there is no penalty to your bossing, so finding great people to play with is not an issue.

As for playing warrior vs mage, I've never been fond of playing the brute but I can't say its bad. I really enjoy mage though I have to say that the two damage options are disappointing as fire simply does more damage than ice. If you care about efficiency as I do then you will just have to play fire. Otherwise, you could enjoy both. Mages have low armour and die the quickest of all classes but it's not unmanageable. We do good damage and have debatably the best group levelling skill in the game, in the form of lures. Depending on the server you choose it may be difficult to get fire mage gear but it may not you'd have to ask specifically.

Warriors do good damage and have the best armour in the game. They aren't as good in groups as mages but they can solo more easily and they are the best tanks.

If you want to try them out before you decide here is some simple advice but for more details, you can look through the subforums or ask. For stats, you can just do 2 vit 3 foc for mage and 2 vit 3 str for a warrior. If you feel like it you can modify it a little if you need more health or if you have more than enough. But before including stats from gear id say this is pretty safe and wouldn't deviate too much.

For skills as a mage, if you want to go ice than you'll need ice shards, ice blast ice attunement maxed and a half of ice lure. Also, put points into firebolt if you can and always use it. For fire use Firebolt, firestorm, fire attunement, half lure of fire and ice shards if you can. Firestorm is a tricky skill to get and if you can't just use ice shards until you get it.

For warrior damage skills are pummel, double attack, shatter and rupture to start. If you want to survive easier protective stance is also good and while frenzy may look tempting I think to start it is generally best to use protective stance.

Feel free to ask if you want more info but I think its best to try playing a little before thinking too much about everything. The last thing I suggest is don't buy any armour with gold when you start. Always use the quest armour. Never buy a shop weapon as a mage and ask before you get a new warrior weapon. I really like the obsidian weapons for warriors but really any otherworld weapon should do as long as you get it when you reach the level to equip it. In general, be stingy with your gold. You don't need elixirs until after level 60 and really you can get away without them until level 130. Do all the daily quests you can (some of them quickly lose their value but you should be able to figure it out pretty easily). Find some players in game who can help you and who you can have fun with(not with gold but with quests and sometimes extra gear they dont need), enjoy the game and good luck.

The best server is subjective! Do you like large population or just a few familiar faces? Do you want clans that co operate or compete? Open economy or private markets? Do you want to farm gear or earn it in a loot system? Does it matter if the server struggles to kill end game bosses? :?

For starting class I would recommend warrior because they are more resilient in early game, especially when starting without resources. New players typically lack gold and group support and this is adversity warriors thrive through! 8-)

As for build advice, I can go on forever so that's for another time lol. Some general advice I can offer tho is; collect hunters remains, do as many daily bounties as you can to start saving for pet/mount and pick up fishing in your spare time :geek:

Quit while you are ahead. The Project Managers are less interested in CH than you are sadly. Disappointment awaits you.

That's all the info I can give.

Edit: Devs aren't to blame. The Management is. Devs get told what to develop.
They've said their already interested in the game so presumably looking at the general discussion they've heard what the developments been like. I'd have to agree though if the OP is concerned about the future of the game development it might be a bad idea to start playing. Otherwise, I simply wouldn't spend too much money on the game (if any, personally I wouldn't do more than 100dollars on double plat). I think most people find the game fun to play through as long as you enjoy your class and the people you play with. (and everything that entails lol)

CH is a pretty great game, especially for a mobile MMO. Don't let the negative Nancys get you down - they are only concerned about the lack of new content/bug fixes being added to the game over the past year or two (which is an understandable concern), but that really mainly affects endgame players (the bugs aren't really game-breaking 90% of the time). The development company (Virtual Realms) has repeatedly stated that they will continue to be dedicated to CH for a long time to come, so I for one don't see the game being shut down anytime soon. In my personal opinion, CH is an awesome game up until level 100 or so, when it becomes a pretty decent game.

As for your questions, I think Samy did a great job of answering them before I could get to them! I will say that Warriors are probably easier to play, due to being more inherently tanky than any other class. However, Mages are way more fun (in my opinion), because of the nuking capabilities, as well as the challenges of energy management.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

CH is a pretty great game, especially for a mobile MMO. Don't let the negative Nancys get you down - they are only concerned about the lack of new content/bug fixes being added to the game over the past year or two (which is an understandable concern), but that really mainly affects endgame players (the bugs aren't really game-breaking 90% of the time). The development company (Virtual Realms) has repeatedly stated that they will continue to be dedicated to CH for a long time to come, so I for one don't see the game being shut down anytime soon. In my personal opinion, CH is an awesome game up until level 100 or so, when it becomes a pretty decent game.

As for your questions, I think Samy did a great job of answering them before I could get to them! I will say that Warriors are probably easier to play, due to being more inherently tanky than any other class. However, Mages are way more fun (in my opinion), because of the nuking capabilities, as well as the challenges of energy management.
Hehehe, also yes mages are so much fun.