Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: LETS MAKE EPONA 2

You xfered out of epona?! I thought everyone wanted to go there. Why did u xfer out?
Yes and no. I still have all my gear and a large chunk of my plat item stash still, I just xfered a little bit out of Epona (all of my gold which wasn’t much, like 3m or something, my valuable fashion, some of my mounts including the wings, and some plat items like exps/hastes) because I couldn’t turn down that 1:5 ratio lol. People get so desperate when trying to get into Epona, and to me it’s a really good idea to take advantage of that while you still can. So really I play on multiple servers now, although on Epona all I’ve done ever since I gave up bossing is PvP.
Because he got server banned ._.
No it wasn’t because I was server banned lol. I stopped bossing before that because there was too many people. It was because of that 1:5 xfer deal ._. Even at that rate I was still hesitant on making the deal but I’m glad I did... most people xfering out of Epona only get a 1:3 ratio max. Besides, I could still buy any piece of gear I ever needed lol and for all I know I might not even be banned anymore cause like I said, some people tell me I’m not while others tell me I am, some don’t even know, and others never even knew it happened in the first place lmao

Server ban < sexy wizard pvp rank
well atleast u can get out when u want to I guess. Tbh epona doesn't sound that appealing anymore. If the game was dungeon based where a small team can run it to get geared then yeah but I don't think it's the type of game that can hold many people on a server, it'd be too hard to win gear. I even stopped going to bosses on a dom server bc competing with 30 or 40 people for gear.. even with it being dkp. Bet u guys get close to 100 people at every raid on Epona?

U know what's crazy though? Being banned on a supposedly free server lol it doesn't sound like it's that free. Probably better to call it an open server
Yeah it’s been said there have been up to 100 players before on bosses. That’s why I’ve been pushing for new loot distribution because yes, 3-4 drops isn’t enough for a few servers, and players having the ability have control over loot and who can/can’t get loot is simply poor design and has proven to be disastrous. Whoever controls the loot controls the people/server. Loot distribution needs to be so that everyone who participates can get a chance at loot, while preventing players from gaining control of the loot distribution. Essentially knocks out the two biggest problems in both free and dom servers.

And yes there are plenty of people who’ve been server banned lol. So technically no, the server isn’t free because players have control over the loot distribution and have set guidelines/rules that everyone must follow otherwise you’re not getting anything after a boss dies. Like in my case, a few people got grumpy in the arena after I killed them multiple times and that was enough to go and server ban me lmao (even though there is no set rules for PvP, they were just a little emotional that day lol). But the server offers more freedom than a dom server does which is why it’s considered “free”, that and because the market is free with no restrictions.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

U know what's crazy though? Being banned on a supposedly free server lol it doesn't sound like it's that free. Probably better to call it an open server

Free server because we Dont have a single or group of people leading the server. We give everybody freedom to voice out opinions. We make server decisions by voting. We also made server rules, based on voting, tho you are free to do things or play your own game, you need to follow the rules, without this it Will be chaos.
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Free server because we Dont have a single or group of people leading the server. We give everybody freedom to voice out opinions. We make server decisions by voting. We also made server rules, based on voting, tho you are free to do things or play your own game, you need to follow the rules, without this it Will be chaos.
Do people who have been "server banned" get to voice their opinions and vote, and still participate as normal? Otherwise, it seems more like a Dom clan system, only the "Dom clan" is spread out across several different clans.

Just because there is no single dominant clan doesn't mean that Epona is automatically innocent of the issues that can arise from that system lol.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

*facepalm*
I was using that as an example ._.
Epona gold and Gwyd gold are not the same ._. It’s two different markets. Since you can’t use epona gold to buy an item on gwyd, they are two closed markets. No server trading etc... so closed markets

I’m sorry if you aren’t understanding this but the math and theory all support what I’ve been saying ._. Legit all I’m doing rn is studying economics you gotta give me some benefit of the doubt :lol:
Relative prices and with regards to the larger economy, epona doesn’t have a better economy on face, the only prime facia observation you can make is that the economies are different ._.

I can draw some graphs in pretty colors if that helps
Technically xfering is buying things on one server for stuff on another ._. Take me for example, I sold my mythic arctic wings and some other stuff on Epona for like 2 pairs of mythic arctic wings, some fash, reaper ring, other lux, millions and millions of gold and hundreds of lixs on a diff server. I estimated it to be about a 1:5 xfer ratio. Some people buy chests on one server for gold on a different server. I’ve seen someone sell a reaper ring on one server for gold on Epona. So while the markets aren’t officially connected to one another, players have found ways to connect the different markets found on different servers. Epona does have a better Economy because it’s a free market which attracts more plat buyers ._. Free markets work better than restricted markets ._.

I understand it, I just don’t believe math and theory is needed here lol. It’s mostly common sense and logic, you don’t need an economics textbook lol. I have taken college level macro/micro economics which is more than enough to understand lol. No graphs needed, just some good ol logic
Ya but when we xfer we don't default to an equilibrium price, thus it better fits models of multiple closed markets than one world market. Xfering is too rare etc to actually influence anything on the macro level.
It just economic math, but its not a valid argument to say that "epona's economy is better because the price of X is Y" unless you look at every variable, such as the fact that on Epona you have to have gold for gear, whereas on most servers the only thing gold is needed for are lixs and extras.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Do people who have been "server banned" get to voice their opinions and vote, and still participate as normal? Otherwise, it seems more like a Dom clan system, only the "Dom clan" is spread out across several different clans.

Just because there is no single dominant clan doesn't mean that Epona is automatically innocent of the issues that can arise from that system lol.
We have a chat room called pillow, where we can post anything , banned players isnt removed in that chat.
But for voting, we only count the votes who are involved. For example, the topic is KOS gele, of course banned people isnt concerned on eg they cant join.
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Not really. When I was banned someone invited me to a chat group I had previously left to explain myself, but it was no use because people already made up their minds, no matter how painfully obvious myself and a couple others made it seem that it was a ridiculous reason to ban someone (that’s right, it was no where near one sided), and then I was kicked from that chat shortly after being invited, never to hear anything about the ban again.

They say that server banning players is a fair process, but it’s no where near that. Not everyone votes and some votes are heavily biased or are influenced by personal interests (one banned player is one less person to roll against right?). My ban in particular was heavily split with the usual “hate on zkills” people voting for it and everyone else who’s right minded being against. If everyone actually heard the whole story (not some twisted story people often present, because man do people here love twisting stories in their favor) and then if everyone on Epona voted nonpartisan, I would have not been banned lol.

It’s not just me either. There are plenty of others who’ve been wrongfully banned for stupid reasons (like running with a yellow gem.. cmon now). There are people on Epona with much bigger voices than others, and these people can often influence the outcome of the results to their liking. No rolling players and banning players being the biggest two things. For example, if you were to run with a yellow gem when with a group of quiet people who aren’t usually involved with server politics, nobody will care and tell them to move on... but if you run with a yellow gem when with a group of loudmouth players in a well known clan then you can bet you’re going to get some form of punishment lol.

Some of those top players even get away with things normal people would get banned for. One member in a well known clan has been accused of purposely ksing people on their elixirs countless times, no action was ever taken because they are a high level, well geared player in a well known clan. Everyone has heard of the Epona player who was temp banned by VR for purposefully exploiting in the arena, getting all of drops from the mono event taken away from Epona because of his actions, nothing ever happened to that player either because of his position, while someone like me gets server banned for simply doing PvP in the arena, a PvP zone, during the witch event lol.

So to conclude, Epona holds as much corruption as any other dom server does and yes you’re technically right, Epona is basically one big dom clan with their own sets of rules that everyone has to follow or else they get punished/penalized because players have control over loot distribution. Fortunately Epona gives the players a lot more freedom under those rules than a dom server does and they allow for a free market. They admittedly tried their best to create the most fair system, but as long as the loot distribution is in the hands of the players, greed and corruption will always, always find a way to sneak in. I can’t imagine how much money OTM/VR has lost out on because they let the players run wild with the loot distribution which has been the cause of many players quitting or not finding any value in purchasing plat, and the fact that they allow for it to happen is beyond me.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Not really. When I was banned someone invited me to a chat group I had previously left to explain myself, but it was no use because people already made up their minds, no matter how painfully obvious myself and a couple others made it seem that it was a ridiculous reason to ban someone (that’s right, it was no where near one sided), and then I was kicked from that chat shortly after being invited, never to hear anything about the ban again.

They say that server banning players is a fair process, but it’s no where near that. Not everyone votes and some votes are heavily biased or are influenced by personal interests (one banned player is one less person to roll against right?). My ban in particular was heavily split with the usual “hate on zkills” people voting for it and everyone else who’s right minded being against. If everyone actually heard the whole story (not some twisted story people often present, because man do people here love twisting stories in their favor) and then if everyone on Epona voted nonpartisan, I would have not been banned lol.

It’s not just me either. There are plenty of others who’ve been wrongfully banned for stupid reasons (like running with a yellow gem.. cmon now). There are people on Epona with much bigger voices than others, and these people can often influence the outcome of the results to their liking. No rolling players and banning players being the biggest two things. For example, if you were to run with a yellow gem when with a group of quiet people who aren’t usually involved with server politics, nobody will care and tell them to move on... but if you run with a yellow gem when with a group of loudmouth players in a well known clan then you can bet you’re going to get some form of punishment lol.

Some of those top players even get away with things normal people would get banned for. One member in a well known clan has been accused of purposely ksing people on their elixirs countless times, no action was ever taken because they are a high level, well geared player in a well known clan. Everyone has heard of the Epona player who was temp banned by VR for purposefully exploiting in the arena, getting all of drops from the mono event taken away from Epona because of his actions, nothing ever happened to that player either because of his position, while someone like me gets server banned for simply doing PvP in the arena, a PvP zone, during the witch event lol.

So to conclude, Epona holds as much corruption as any other dom server does and yes you’re technically right, Epona is basically one big dom clan with their own sets of rules that everyone has to follow or else they get punished/penalized because players have control over loot distribution. Fortunately Epona gives the players a lot more freedom under those rules than a dom server does and they allow for a free market. They admittedly tried their best to create the most fair system, but as long as the loot distribution is in the hands of the players, greed and corruption will always, always find a way to sneak in. I can’t imagine how much money OTM/VR has lost out on because they let the players run wild with the loot distribution which has been the cause of many players quitting or not finding any value in purchasing plat, and the fact that they allow for it to happen is beyond me.

This topic isnt about zkills being server banned, you can p.m or make separate topic to know the details.
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

This topic isnt about zkills being server banned, you can p.m or make separate topic to know the details.
I was using myself as an example to explain a point related to the flaws of Epona, which is a counter argument used against the op suggesting to create more Epona like servers.

Can you give another example other than ypurself, because im sure this will be locked again by the admins if you continue to argue about yourself.
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Can you give another example other than ypurself, because im sure this will be locked again by the admins if you continue to argue about yourself.
If a thread is going to be locked, it’s going to be because of little snark comments like these