Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Bloodthorn bash bashed Nuada

Nuada will become a ghost server, hope that answers your question :)
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

No. It already is.
Liar pants on fire

Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

No raid besides hrung has died on nuada in 2 weeks :)

A good fix to the lack of endgame activity is make all bosses killable with 8 players and then make the bosses respawn x10 faster, this would make people be able to form clans and alliances with smaller friend groups rather than forcing players into 50+ man clans just to down bt.
Making raid bosses killable with 8 players would never work in an open world MMO lol. Servers like Epona would spank those bosses so hard with their server attempts. Logically thinking, 40 man raids makes much more sense than an 8 man raid would because of the whole open world idea. Why doesn’t it work though? Because so many servers have their endgame players split by competition or for some other reason. If you look at servers like Epona, when a boss is called you can expect to see almost 2 full pages of players (almost all single loggers) or more for any given raid... from hrung to dino. Take belenus for example (probably one of the smallest/weakest servers at the time); back when BT first came out (pre nerf) we struggled to take it down because of numbers, but if we had worked with endgame players from other clans we would have easily killed every attempt, pre nerf.

Epona has the answers to so many problems people complain about daily, but folks would rather stick to traditions that don’t work too well anymore and look at their clan vs making proactive changes for the better of their server.
Nuada is already more open than most other servers. The dom clan had very loose requirements, little restrictions and up to necro everyone in the server can join the raid.

Neither was it a server that was struggling to kill bosses.

The players are simply bored and the future looks very dim. The reasons vary, for some it’s lack of new content, for others it’s lack of communication of VR pr questionable moderating where truthful but negative discussions get deleted.

We can also reverse your statement, only one server does this game work. If a game is designed like this, is it the fault of the player-base or the developers? In my opinion the player-base is not responsible for the well-being and population of the game, the developers are. Yet it seems the roles are reversed, where the so called responsibilities are pushed to the players.
Going up to necro won’t cut it. Idk if you’ve played on Epona but everyone plays and gets to EG so they can get a slice of the endgame gear pie. Pures, bt seeds, a lot of bt gear, high tiered gele/prot gear, gele weps... all of which can also sell very well (especially pures), and players take that gold and put it towards gear they actually need. A poor man can become a rich man and well geared in an instant, I've seen it happen. It keeps players coming back for more and more no matter where you stand and there’s a lot more enjoyment to it than simply going to a boss, trading drops to the bank, and then receiving dkp points. Sounds like a *yaaawn* job to me, and that most certainly will take an effect on players (especially those already caught up in school or work). People also love to watch the progression of their character that they’ve built up themselves, and there’s a lot more satisfaction in actually owning your gear vs having it be “clan property”.

I’m yet to see anyone besides Rosemerta (Bitey does an amazing job at it) make an actual attempt to make their server look more attractive, and it’s obvious that players would rather point fingers at VR than actually look at their server and try to figure out what you could do to make it better... because pointing fingers is always easier. Sure VR could fix the game issues and release a new expansion, but it will only keep players appeased for the beginning and then they go back to square one (I’ve seen it happen countless times, especially when events were created). It’s more about the internal structure of the server, because despite the heavy lack in content Epona is yet to see a downfall in activity.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Making raid bosses killable with 8 players would never work in an open world MMO lol. Servers like Epona would spank those bosses so hard with their server attempts. Logically thinking, 40 man raids makes much more sense than an 8 man raid would because of the whole open world idea. Why doesn’t it work though? Because so many servers have their endgame players split by competition or for some other reason. If you look at servers like Epona, when a boss is called you can expect to see almost 2 full pages of players (almost all single loggers) or more for any given raid... from hrung to dino. Take belenus for example (probably one of the smallest/weakest servers at the time); back when BT first came out (pre nerf) we struggled to take it down because of numbers, but if we had worked with endgame players from other clans we would have easily killed every attempt, pre nerf.

Epona has the answers to so many problems people complain about daily, but folks would rather stick to traditions that don’t work too well anymore and look at their clan vs making proactive changes for the better of their server.
Nuada is already more open than most other servers. The dom clan had very loose requirements, little restrictions and up to necro everyone in the server can join the raid.

The players are simply bored and the future looks very dim. The reasons vary, for some it’s lack of new content, for others it’s lack of communication of VR pr questionable moderating where truthful but negative discussions get deleted.

We can also reverse your statement, only one server does this game work. If a game is designed like this, is it the fault of the player-base or the developers? In my opinion the player-base is not responsible for the well-being and population of the game, the developers are. Yet it seems the roles are reversed, where the so called responsibilities are pushed to the players.
Going up to necro won’t cut it. Idk if you’ve played on Epona but everyone plays and gets to EG so they can get a slice of the endgame gear pie. Pures, bt seeds, a lot of bt gear, high tiered gele/prot gear, gele weps... all of which can also sell very well (especially pures), and players take that gold and put it towards gear they actually need. A poor man can become a rich man and well geared in an instant, I've seen it happen. It keeps players coming back for more and more no matter where you stand and there’s a lot more enjoyment to it than simply going to a boss, trading drops to the bank, and then receiving dkp points. Sounds like a *yaaawn* job to me, and that most certainly will take an effect on players (especially those already caught up in school or work). People also love to watch the progression of their character that they’ve built up themselves, and there’s a lot more satisfaction in actually owning your gear vs having it be “clan property”.

I’m yet to see anyone besides Rosemerta (Bitey does an amazing job at it) make an actual attempt to make their server look more attractive, and it’s obvious that players would rather point fingers at VR than actually look at their server and try to figure out what you could do to make it better... because pointing fingers is always easier. Sure VR could fix the game issues and release a new expansion, but it will only keep players appeased for the beginning and then they go back to square one (I’ve seen it happen countless times, especially when events were created). It’s more about the internal structure of the server, because despite the heavy lack in content Epona is yet to see a downfall in activity.
As people have mentioned before, epona’s system works well, but it is an exception. It’s a result of being an open server for multiple years.

However, epona also immediately stresses an important problem. That it is a zero-sum game population wise. Growth of one server usually means xfers from other servers. Playing on multiple servers, the influx of players is awkwardly low, then the players that decide to go upstream and decide to go for eg are even lower.

So simply going full rolls on every boss doesn’t miraculously increase the population, because there is already a better server out there that has loads of activity and platinum resources. So why would someone xferring choose for an empty server that does not have enough active players anymore for mordy?

Lack of content is the actual problem. When dino was still the goal, the players were motivated to try kill it. When we killed dino a couple of times, had actual trash drops and realised that the biggest reward was a 40 minute zerg and not the drops, people left.

There are far better games out there, with regular content updates and that listen well to their community. Personally I feel like the communication between the player-base and OTM was far better then that of VR.

I’ve always played ch for the community and think that has always been ch’s main strength. The community is moving to other games in Nuada. Ironically to less visually spectacular games.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

As people have mentioned before, epona’s system works well, but it is an exception. It’s a result of being an open server for multiple years.

However, epona also immediately stresses an important problem. That it is a zero-sum game population wise. Growth of one server usually means xfers from other servers. Playing on multiple servers, the influx of players is awkwardly low, then the players that decide to go upstream and decide to go for eg are even lower.

So simply going full rolls on every boss doesn’t miraculously increase the population, because there is already a better server out there that has loads of activity and platinum resources. So why would someone xferring choose for an empty server that does not have enough active players anymore for mordy?

Lack of content is the actual problem. When dino was still the goal, the players were motivated to try kill it. When we killed dino a couple of times, had actual trash drops and realised that the biggest reward was a 40 minute zerg and not the drops, people left.

There are far better games out there, with regular content updates and that listen well to their community. Personally I feel like the communication between the player-base and OTM was far better then that of VR.

I’ve always played ch for the community and think that has always been ch’s main strength. The community is moving to other games in Nuada. Ironically to less visually spectacular games.
Of course following Eponas footsteps won’t make things better at the snap of two fingers. It’s going to take time. It’s not about server xfers, is about keeping players in your server and preventing them from xfering out or quitting. I’m sure every server receives a fresh flow of new players all the time, but endgamers rarely notice it because they don’t seem to care, and new players are known to server hop until they find the one that they like. Yes the lack of content is a problem, but Epona found a way to make the most out of that lack of content and they do it very well. You rarely see people quit because of the lack of content or some other ingame issue (it’s more because of rl circumstances). If you find players quitting after 2 dino kills than there’s something definitely wrong with your server.

The community is definitely the main strength, and each server has its own little community. Another thing Epona does really well at, maintaining a good/fun community within the server (another great aspect of a free server).
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Lmao I actually laughed
Sulis / Toxic
Sicario, 227 rogue
MF, 226 mage
Zot, 221 ranger
They call me the raid boss slayer.
What's a D3stiny?

Here's one thing the devs can do that theyve never tried before to fix the small player base... fekkin ADVERTISE the damn game for god sakes.......... also increase the map sizes to add both 5* and 6* spawns of the same boss in different locations (ALL BOSSES) allowing players to know what kind of fight theyll be expecting. rather than killing 100+ banebrands for 1-2 6* spawns itd be as simple as making on of the spawn spots always be 6*.
Server: LUGH
Damnstraight lvl 223 Rogue (main)
Lyanna lvl 195 Mage
GlowInTheBow lvl 162 Ranger
Glowstaff Druid (currently levelling)

Name for any necessary reasons in signature no need to ask for me to add to post (just read signature :/ )

So the majority of Nuada's end-game playerbase has gone inactive, due to lack of prospect of this game. The slow content updates, VR's statement that the next update will be just a QoL update without new content and the heavy dependence on 5+ year old raid bosses made a big part of the playerbase lose hope in the future of Celtic Heroes. This is a server which was capable of killing every raid boss in the game about a month ago. Now all raids are left up.

The expectations of this playerbase is that VR is abandoning CH and shifting it's resources to their new game: Warhammer Odyssey. Using celtic heroes as a cash cow, collecting its revenues while investing as little as possible to keep it running, until the very loyal core moves on from the game as well.

So I am wondering if VR will let Nuada become a ghost server or if they are willing to take action, for example a merger with another server.

My intention is not to discredit VR in any way, but to adress an issue which could be solved if the playerbase and VR work well together.
Obligatory admin response in 3..2...1... with:
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta