Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Economies

Any other servers having economy issues? Epona’s has gone completely down the drain, very few people buying anything. Xps won’t even sell at 1.7k each.
Epona
BloodMoon (White Frostbringer's Hat)
221-Ranger

Avarina (Black Frostbringer’s Hat)
210 Druid

StormySeas
220 Fire Mage

Re: Economies

At this point, the only things you could sell in an instant in Epona are a Pure or Phoenix eggs.
Epona
BloodMoon (White Frostbringer's Hat)
221-Ranger

Avarina (Black Frostbringer’s Hat)
210 Druid

StormySeas
220 Fire Mage

Any other servers having economy issues? Epona’s has gone completely down the drain, very few people buying anything. Xps won’t even sell at 1.7k each.
Have the opposite problem on lir. Stuff going through the roof on prices. Restos used to be 150-200 gold each now they are 300+ each. Mounts that used to sell for 500k just a year ago now everyone wants 1.2+ mil. I'm talking about mounts that aren't even good like 80%
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Epona has had a lot of xfers opening chests so there’s a lot of excess lix is why they’re cheap atm. Double plat makes it even more so. I’d rather have an abundance of cheap lix vs. 4K xps and 6/7k hastes.

On Gwydion XPs are over saturated and mount tokens and eggs are out of control. The chest market is broken and VR should be focused on fixing it.
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

Big no to “fixing” the market. Market reflects the state of the server. Epona is an open server. Players sell raid gear and this promotes people to buy plat in order to bid for that gear. Most servers that allow ZERO trade on EG items are the ones suffering. And the ones to blame are the clans that are hoarding all the drops in banks. In essence, banks are the “1 percent which own 99% of wealth”.

In order for an economy to flourish, wealth must circlulate. Since no raid gear is circulating on the market, neither will plat items. Because if players have no reason to buy plat then no plat will be bought. And if no plat is bought, the economy (for lixes and overall) suffers. This is fine for top endgame players who lix for only Bt and gele. but when you have a clairvoyant economy, it’s the lower levels who suffer as they need those low lix prices to level.

I believe the ultimate solution is a dkp system WITHOUT banks. It would allow gearing to be based on merit while still allowing some gear to flow in the market. No server has ever accomplished this feat however I believe it will be the ultimate success as it will retain old players and also incite newer players to grow.

I’ve been trying to get a system in place on my server which allows the top percentile of gear (Bt imp godly, gele royal+— (something along those lines)) to be made dkp items which go up for bid whilst the rest are made rolls. And each individual would possess rights to sell or do whatever with any drop acquired. And if an item is not bid on it gets rolled for.

This problem is not the problem of VR it’s the problem of the clans of Ch. Maybe they don’t understand economics. But my question is this, what good is gear which is rotting in banks? Gear which will never be bid on? If that same gear were put on the market, I guarantee that more players would buy plat. Meanwhile maybe the reason for closing the market on eg items is due to clans trying to stay in power. But end message is this: gear rotting in bank benefits no one and only creates more work to for maintenance; gear flowing on the market on the other hand, incites players to buy plat to bid

Please do read above message, I believe it is basic ch economic analysis that every clan should know. It makes sense if you think about it.

Also RE dkp system, how many of us know of certain items which NEVER get bid on? I bet myself and others could list 90% of entire loot list. But what is junk to one could be treasure to another.

I agree fully. The number one issue revolving the economies imo is that gold has no power anymore... people are running out of things to buy so they no longer value gold as much they used to. Trying to buy rares is extremely hard on my world because the rich don’t need gold anymore... that is a problem (when the games currency has no power)

100% open market is by far the best way to correct all these economic problems, but people are sadly too deep inside their closed off walls within their clans for something like that to happen.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge