Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

New ranger

I have made a new ranger (level 26 rn) what is the best build to have as low level and should I change my build when I am higher? Also atm I am using sharpen weaps at 14 steady aim at 10 long shot camo and bolas up to mobs level. Input would help ty
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Re: New ranger

At your level there is no need for bolas, your not going to be doing any bossing for a while. primary objective is leveling, with mobs not having incredible damage or resistances i would go dps all the way with light heal to reccuperate health quickly.

you should max light heal, long shot, sharpshot. remaining points in steady aim for accuracy and damage. you should still buff yourself with sharpen weapons even if at lvl 1. still lasts 2 minutes and adds some damage. go full dex build, don't start to waiver and add points to str. believe me. not until higher level. Keep vitality 2x your level. so at 26 your vitality should be 52. at lvl 80 it should be 160.

I would also have rapid shot on your hot bar too. even at level 1. it still gives you rapid attacks for 4 or 5 attacks at lvl 1.

OTM recently buffed longshot and sharpshot. IMO, before buffs, dex build was good until about lvl 105-120. Now with recent changes it might be good til 120 or better. but around 120 i would go hybrid build. points split between str and dex. and vitality 2x your level. this build makes your dex based skills kinda worthless. because now instead of royal ring of longshot you probably have a +40 or +50 heat damage aggy ring for your autos.

WIth hybrid build i would max steady aim, sharpen weapons, Light heal, bolas. rest of the points in rapid shot. if you like camo better than bolas thats up to you, and i know some people that use both bolas and camo. but the above build i stated is my preffered build.

Now i'm lvl 181 and my favorite build is slightly hybrid, but points favoring strength. 1100 str 370 dex. and only a few points in vitality because of equipment that gives so much hp, my hp is over 4k, and for bosses, rangers with a bow and not spear are far enough out of harms way to avoid aoe
Fingal:
  • Onida - Ranger - 226
  • Doopliss - Warrior - 200

Going strong with a dex build at the moment. (SharpShot, DoubleShot, BarbedShot and a heal)

Might switch it up to hybrid later on but enjoying dex as it is, ranger is a fun class to play you just have to play smart.

Lot of guides on here and on Biteys site too, good to buff up on everything.

Cool ty for the replies guys :D il make a few adjustments and il be all set!
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing

Going strong with a dex build at the moment. (SharpShot, DoubleShot, BarbedShot and a heal)
You think barbed shot is wortH using??? People I speak to say that it is not so good so just wondering your thoughts on that also :?:
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing

You think barbed shot is wortH using??? People I speak to say that it is not so good so just wondering your thoughts on that also :?:
I use barbed shot on my 165 ranger mainly because I dont use rapid shot and dont have haste. It speeds up kills. I also use double shot and sharp shot.

Because
I use barbed shot on my 165 ranger mainly because I dont use rapid shot and dont have haste. It speeds up kills. I also use double shot and sharp shot.
Pretty much. Can see why some rangers may not use it but it's a pretty good skill for some.

I would also do a dex build to start out. I would clarify that it is a good thing to have 100 str however. I would recommend 1.2.0.2 Until your str is 100, then 0.3.0.2

Double shot is not worth bothering, with dex you hit 90% or more of your autos, no need to waste points in the skill.

I would use Lightheal, Sharpshot, Sharpen if you have it, otherwise steady aim. Your last skill- up 2 u. Longshot is a fav now despite its bs with the range requirement, so its really only effective against ranged mobs- and there aren't that many of those. Bolas shouldn't be necessary, your defense will help a lot. Defensive spikes is rather pathetic but its ok for lower levels, though you have to be a higher level b4 u can get the skill. Barbed shot is... crappy- if u wanna use it go ahead. Camo is ok, but works best in conjunction with bolas, and is even more skill points down the drain.

Basically our skills are not worth a heap of anything. And DO NOT mention rapid shot to me. It is garbage. to keep a decent cd on that skill you have to have 40 points in it minimum, all low levels should only use it at level 1.

And I would strongly advise you find someone to level with after level 100. After that level, even with a new round of lux, you will be horribly in the deficiency dps mode. Even a druid with just lightning and vines shouldn't have much time outdpsing any ranger, and you can forget competition with warriors, mages, and rogues.

Do not buy a damage helm. Just don't bother, youll need the extra armor your helm gives u, because light heal will be interrupted at the minimum every other time u try to use it, and generally far more. I would make sure you get the heroic ammy and also the ow elemental quiver, golden of course.

If you have further questions, post in thread or send me a pm. And good luck with Ranger, its great until you hit 100, then you hit hard times until dl. I can say that ranger is still a fun class to play, just don't be expecting much of anything dps wise.

*Sorry, but I just kind of ran away with typing, so just some of my experiences below*

I used to be able to take on 3 mobs my level at the same time and kick their butts one at a time til they all died. When I was 115 I even was able to outdps a warrior and mage who tried to ks me on one of the mobs I was leveling on, they were about 2-5 levels below me though. Nowadays, I have trouble with 1 mob and heaven forbid even a druid come around the block, because I will not be able to keep up. Update 4 cut my dps by 50%, even with the intro of new skills including a maxed long shot. And my survivability became so bad because they made light heal so easily interrupted.

We are an 'all-round' class they say. You shouldn't 'specialize' they say. Well I am here to say that we are SUPPOSED to be a dps class- all the time, not just some of the time. I don't mind not getting every single kill, I do mind when I cant kill something just because I don't have enough dps and my heals are a joke.
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

I would also do a dex build to start out. I would clarify that it is a good thing to have 100 str however. I would recommend 1.2.0.2 Until your str is 100, then 0.3.0.2

Double shot is not worth bothering, with dex you hit 90% or more of your autos, no need to waste points in the skill.

I would use Lightheal, Sharpshot, Sharpen if you have it, otherwise steady aim. Your last skill- up 2 u. Longshot is a fav now despite its bs with the range requirement, so its really only effective against ranged mobs- and there aren't that many of those. Bolas shouldn't be necessary, your defense will help a lot. Defensive spikes is rather pathetic but its ok for lower levels, though you have to be a higher level b4 u can get the skill. Barbed shot is... crappy- if u wanna use it go ahead. Camo is ok, but works best in conjunction with bolas, and is even more skill points down the drain.

Basically our skills are not worth a heap of anything. And DO NOT mention rapid shot to me. It is garbage. to keep a decent cd on that skill you have to have 40 points in it minimum, all low levels should only use it at level 1.

And I would strongly advise you find someone to level with after level 100. After that level, even with a new round of lux, you will be horribly in the deficiency dps mode. Even a druid with just lightning and vines shouldn't have much time outdpsing any ranger, and you can forget competition with warriors, mages, and rogues.

Do not buy a damage helm. Just don't bother, youll need the extra armor your helm gives u, because light heal will be interrupted at the minimum every other time u try to use it, and generally far more. I would make sure you get the heroic ammy and also the ow elemental quiver, golden of course.

If you have further questions, post in thread or send me a pm. And good luck with Ranger, its great until you hit 100, then you hit hard times until dl. I can say that ranger is still a fun class to play, just don't be expecting much of anything dps wise.

*Sorry, but I just kind of ran away with typing, so just some of my experiences below*

I used to be able to take on 3 mobs my level at the same time and kick their butts one at a time til they all died. When I was 115 I even was able to outdps a warrior and mage who tried to ks me on one of the mobs I was leveling on, they were about 2-5 levels below me though. Nowadays, I have trouble with 1 mob and heaven forbid even a druid come around the block, because I will not be able to keep up. Update 4 cut my dps by 50%, even with the intro of new skills including a maxed long shot. And my survivability became so bad because they made light heal so easily interrupted.

We are an 'all-round' class they say. You shouldn't 'specialize' they say. Well I am here to say that we are SUPPOSED to be a dps class- all the time, not just some of the time. I don't mind not getting every single kill, I do mind when I cant kill something just because I don't have enough dps and my heals are a joke.
When i played ios back in 2011, Rangers would win boss battles to an equal rogue 40% of the time. Equal gear armor and weapons. Rangers were awesome because of Light heal. Now bandage wounds casts faster. Now Rangers are depressing and sad even with DL gear i get out dpsd by a equal level and equal equipped druid.
Fingal:
  • Onida - Ranger - 226
  • Doopliss - Warrior - 200

Because
Pretty much. Can see why some rangers may not use it but it's a pretty good skill for some.
It's good at lower lvls.