Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Merry F-ing Christmas

Today wasn't the best holiday in real life for a number of reasons I won't even get into, but I logged in this evening to try to unwind a little and maybe improve my mood. After a few Merry Christmas wishes in the arena, Killian spawns, and I attack, immediately inviting Fraser and several of his alts and clannies because - unlike some in this game - I am always happy to share, regardless of clan, personality, etc. Fraser had always been held in high regard by me because he has unexpectedly lent a hand with various things in the past, and he has never involved me in any of the usual bs clan wars that run rampant on Herne. But this time, he ignored my requests and after killing Killian, told me to "group with res" instead. Resurg meanwhile wasn't even in the arena. I told him he was rude, and asked why the attitude shift so suddenly...? What had I done? Nothing, so said he, and I said he was an arse. Now I am fortunate enough to be KOS for him and his many alts...? Just because I am not so afraid of him that I won't tell him like it is? And can someone explain why it takes two or more chars over 190 to kill one wimpy mage under 180? Did I ever stand a chance? And does all this rest well with everyone else in Infection? I have never, ever been your enemy - do I need to start watching my back anytime Inf enters the arena, or is it just this one member I now have to be wary of?

I have made a lot of effort to stay out of clan wars, and now I have been rather rudely pushed into the position where - if I want Killian, or if I want a chance at bosses - I have to take sides, or simply quit the game. I never wanted to choose, but if I have to, I will kill end game bullies and arseholes at Resurg's (or anyone else's) side if someone insists on killing me.

And all that respect I had? Gone. You can't kick someone when they are down, out of the blue, and not expect it to have repercussions. Merry f-ing Christmas...

Bah humbug.
Flicker
Level 187 Mage (Herne)
Clan Reciprocity Chieftain
MercyHealer
Level 112 Druid (Herne)
Deaths Whisper
Level 96 Rogue (Crom)

"A kindness received should be given with a freer hand." -Saint Ambrose

Re: Merry F-ing Christmas

Lol,

I have been killing everyone apart from void, inf and recently chosenfew for months now but ive always chosen to spare you, I guess im just sick of you saying not to kill BF and we neutral and playing both sides to suit yourself.

Just join res and get it over with if you wish to do so, you dont have to come on the forum and threaten us with joining them.Nobody cares.

Also I told you not to judge the rest of infection by my actions, they probably still feel the same way about you. I dont know.

Playing both sides? Is that what you call a clan who has little to no chance to equip its own members with DL at the moment? Tell me exactly how being neutral is benefitting BF, beyond sparing a few headaches, will ya? I train exclusively SOLO because - heaven forbid - I might be seen as allying with whatever the wrong side is that day, and I don't even have the foggiest clue where the high level bosses are because I avoid you guys' nasty lock wars over them. I train alone and I do glad, and I solo a few low level bosses to break up the monotony - oh, yeah, this being neutral thing has my clan really reaping the rewards (yeah, right - insert heavy sarcasm here).

And you are annoyed because I politely and respectfully ask you not to kill our lowbies for no purpose other than your sheer entertainment when they try do do their gladiator? If that seems so unreasonable to you, make a lowbie and don't cover its arse with your high level chars help, and tell me how much fun it is to struggle against lev 190 idiots killing you for no reason in the arena. Unlike you, apparently, I would like to try to allow the game to be fun for some of the newer folks coming in - if they keep getting run off by the impossibility of fitting in or advancing, we don't even have a game anymore. CH relies on newbies, not crusty ol plat spending grumps like you and I, despite what we might like to think.

Fraser... your entire argument (justification) makes no sense. The only thing I see being done to suit oneself is the purposeless killing you do. Oh, and if I wanted to join resurg, I would have done it long before now. I am BF, and I am still NEUTRAL in your petty clan squabbles, regardless of what you (or anyone else) may think or say.
Flicker
Level 187 Mage (Herne)
MercyHealer
Level 112 Druid (Herne)
Deaths Whisper
Level 96 Rogue (Crom)

I don't know what's going on here, but judging by only reading this thread, let me sum up my impression:
Fraser has helped you on some thing(s) in the past, and he usually groups you in arena when Killain spawns.
He chose not to group you once, and despite everything he had done for you in the past, you are focusing on this one instance and bashing him on forums. Did I miss anything or misinterpret something?

And as far as outfitting your clan in DragonLord armor, here's the big secret Infection, Resurge, and Void use:
We camp the bosses that drop the items needed. That's it. How do you not know where they are?
Find me, I'll show you. Your clan needs to be commited to earning them and willing to put the time in.
Ziva
Ranger 207
Clan Infection
World: Herne

Flicker, as fraser said, you can choose to judge all of a clan by one person, or not.

From what I was told about the recap, fraser was in arena, as were you. Killain pops as you group him and he declined. There's always anothwr side to the story though. Fraser has been to 5 killains that day without a medal from grouping people and just wanted to get done. If what im told is correct, then right after he declined you called him rude and then a big flare lit up with excuses and vulgarity on both sides.

Now flick, I've known you for a long time, and as a player, I like you. If you need help with killing a boss, let me know, or any infection member and we'd be glad to help with obtaining the drops for your gear. We don't hand it out, but we don't mind helping get it as long as there's a proper amount of people at the boss.

I respect that you've tried to stay solo and neutral for so long, but the way Herne is set up; you help one side or the other, just doesn't work out for the kind of player that you are, and that bothers me, but it is how it is.

If you don't have friends to play and talk with what's the point of the game? Just some food for thought. Hope some problems get ironed out.

Best wishes and regards
-Pir

I don't think some of you are really reading my original post because you seem to have missed why I am angry. I have been declined before on Killian in the arena and It's never been this much of an issue. My issue was that I actually attacked Killian first because Fraser was busy killing people in arena. I invited him, but he declined and KS'ed me. THAT was rude, and I told him as much. His response was "group Res," and I asked him what the hell that was about - had I done something to deserve that response? He said I didn't do anything, and I said that made what he said and did even more rude. Next thing you know, he is killing me. My issue is that someone I respected and dare say even considered a friend turned on me rather suddenly for no obvious reason. Wouldn't that bother you?

Frankly, I have full Dragonlord and have for some time; while I appreciate the sentiment and suggestions, you are preaching to the choir. I am not a complete noob. I was not complaining, but instead I was responding to Fraser accusing me and my clan of being neutral to somehow play both sides and benefit from both. My point was, we DON'T benefit. I know where every single one of the Dragonlord bosses are and I am quite aware of the concept of camping - but our clan is too small to take most of them with only existing members, and if we group with another clan, we wind up dealing with you guys' bs clan war issues and lock wars. Already done that, been there, got the t-shirt.

The high level bosses I referred to are the 180 and up bosses. I would love a chance to hit one, if I had a chance of surviving or being successful and knew where they are. But the fact is, I don't know where any of the high level bosses are beyond the DL bosses. I don't have any players at that level left in my clan, and I don't try to ride the skirts of neutrality by expecting other clans to hold my hand and let me have a crack at them. My choice, of course, because yes, I could join another clan, etc. But the point is, my neutrality doesn't benefit me an ounce on this either.

So to reiterate for those who apparently didn't read my initial post - my problem was with Fraser deciding because I didn't kiss his arse to his satisfaction, I am now going to be attacked and killed for no other reason than because I didn't appreciate him leaving me out on a glad I too had been waiting on and attacked first. I was defensive because of subsequent comments made about how I and BF being neutral was somehow overtly or covertly beneficial to us, comments I feel were made to distract from or even justify the way I was treated. Bonus points, I suppose, since it seemed to have worked...
Flicker
Level 187 Mage (Herne)
MercyHealer
Level 112 Druid (Herne)
Deaths Whisper
Level 96 Rogue (Crom)