Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Unity's multi-"platformability"

No reason it needs to be a "mobile" game only. I'm not talking about starting a new account on a PC, but being able to access current mobile accounts on a PC, Android, iOS, Xbox, Linux... - true multi-platform playability. Wouldn't that be ideal and what a multi-platform engine should do? And what Unity seems to advertise?

"Create great gameplay across all the major global platforms with Unity’s superbly efficient multiplatform publishing. With Unity’s powerful engine and tools, intuitive workflows and fast iteration, you have complete control to create and smoothly deploy a game on any screen."

http://unity3d.com/unity/multiplatform

If OTM has not though about it, they are missing a much broader market and revenue source.

The "Mobile" from OTM abbreviation make sense on it
Other major mmorpg on mobile devices have this already and it dosent break the game. It's not like they are making a ton of money catering to the PC market it's more like people who play mostly mobile would like a robust device that wont lag or run out of battery when playing at home.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I forgot about unitys multi-platform. But this idea (of cross platform to computers) has been brought up multiple times by myself and others before this engine was even known to the players.
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

I think it would be really cool to cater to pc players. It would a smart move on otm part to expand the game out. Also, think about how big the servers would be and how many great players each world would get. I don't think it will be something that will happen tomorrow, but i can see it being a move after android and ios servers become cross platform.
BarbellaReign-192
Tic-183
DrNovaKane-180+
Have you ever noticed that when people like something, they don't tell anyone, but when they hate something, they tell everyone?