Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

hey guys + a question

I'm on Epona as a level 43 (as of now) rogue. I restarted several times over the years (the first time I played was probably around 2014), all instances being on Lugh, but time has done wonders for changing my perspective on the concept of being dedicated to gaming (although I'm still an amateur at gaming in both senses of the word). Also, somehow I never knew that this forum existed until I picked this game up again recently.

Question: I was looking through the forum rules/guidelines, but there was something that's not clear to me. When exactly is a post considered old/outdated? Is there a set range of time (i.e. 3 months ago), or is it based more on whether or not the topic/content is still relevant?

Hoping to hear from someone soon :P

Re: hey guys + a question

Hello again from Lugh! :D

If it's within 3 months, it should still be somewhat relevant. Tbh some topics have more leeway than others (for example, there're some threads that compile lists of items as players find them, so long periods of inactivity between posts aren't unreasonable), but 3 months isn't a bad rule of thumb on most topics.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Re: hey guys + a question

To add a few more examples to what Mind said:

let's say there's a topic asking a question about an upcoming server reset. Most likely, within a week or two of the reset taking place, that topic would be outdated, and posting again on it wouldn't really be of any use to the topic.

On the other hand, a lot of the class forums are very quiet - but most of the info there is fairly useful (sometimes even the posts from several years ago). If you were to revive a topic from 4-5 months ago by adding some useful information, it might be okay.

In the end, there isn't a solid number of "X amount of time is too much". Different moderators have different interpretations of whether something might be necroposting or not, so the best thing you could do is simply try to use your best judgement.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!