Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Sword Warrior advice

Hey, I recently got a warrior that is starting to reach endgame (lvl 203 ish rn), and I am planning to for a sword build. Is there any advice anyone with experience with swords might be able to give?
I am currently full str, with skill points in pummel, shatter, double attack, giant swing and frenzy.

Vini, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil - Rei Ogami

Re: Sword Warrior advice

Forget Giant Swing.

Keep Frenzy up.Shatter, Pummel and Dbl Attack on CD.

You do not need to get attack from Dex. You get plenty from rings, and frenzy.

Swords are potentially the best melee weapon in game because sword builds hit haste cap closest.
However, there is only one good endgame sword, from Dhiothu.

After getting rings to bring your attack to 9k+, start on +elemental damage gear.
They give the best bang per buck for Swords vs other weapons, as swords perform the most autos.

Your best weapon vs EDL bosses and Gelebron is the EDL sword.
Vs Chaos Aura bosses do not break DL/EDL aura for damage, unless you have a pocket healer; it is usually not worth it.

The other swords are pretty lacklustre compared to Axe.
Axe also gains synergy from one of the best end game bracers as well (Havocs from Gelebron).

I still prefer swords though, for the RP.
And in my experience, I found that swords, being faster, tends to clip less, if any at all.

Good luck, and Happy Hunting!
Integrity is telling yourself the truth.

Forget Giant Swing.

Keep Frenzy up.Shatter, Pummel and Dbl Attack on CD.
What should I use my leftover skill points for if not for giant swing? I believe rupture is unlocked when you get the dmg edl+ offhand, is that it or would you recommend another skill?

Vini, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil - Rei Ogami

I use a axe swap before you get to CG offhand just swap axe hit rupture swap back
THIS^^^^ until you get CG offy always swap to use rupture then swap back to sword, rupture is honestly beyond essential for warrior dps so sacrificing it is never a good plan.