Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Whats best Tank Pet

A bit of a necropost, but it probably is still a relevant topic :P After trying both the salveroot and the Phoenix, I’d have to say the Salve is superior as the defense buff is a pretty noticeable one. I only use a Phoenix at BT or when there’s no other toon present at a raid with a red Phoenix.
    World-Gwydion
    Surya7 (Warrior Lvl 225)
    Prominence (Warrior Lvl 220)
    Raijin (Druid Lvl 221)
    Clan-Relentless

A bit of a necropost, but it probably is still a relevant topic :P After trying both the salveroot and the Phoenix, I’d have to say the Salve is superior as the defense buff is a pretty noticeable one. I only use a Phoenix at BT or when there’s no other toon present at a raid with a red Phoenix.
    before I start my infos about bosses and tanking are from 2016

I’m wondering why some would say Phoenix better ? Is it for the type of resistances that ( I assume) suits eg bosses more? or for the Focus and types of Evasions? Or because new gears that provide a lot of defence ?

Also , is rabbit still best pet for solo tanking? Is tanking Proteus Prime with ZERO druid could happen now?

I was addicted to Defence , I believe nothing could beat an extra defence.

Is your opinion about Salve still same ?

And Thanks in advance! If you got any more infos I would like to hear.

I’m wondering why some would say Phoenix better ? Is it for the type of resistances that ( I assume) suits eg bosses more? or for the Focus and types of Evasions? Or because new gears that provide a lot of defence ?

Also , is rabbit still best pet for solo tanking? Is tanking Proteus Prime with ZERO druid could happen now?

I’ve seen a lot of main tanks of different servers still stick to using a Phoenix over Salve, mainly because of the useful elemental resists it gives. The fortitude and warding boosts are a bonus being the best evasions for end game raids.

No, a pig is the best tank pet for solo tanking, especially if you’re a tank running a high CD Shield Wall build. I’m pretty sure there’s quite a few tanks who’ve been able to tank Proteus Prime without using any druids( I’ve been able to do it, so assuming better geared tanks can do it too :p )

Yes, I still prefer using the Salve over the Phoenix simply because the Defense boost is too good to lose out on and I don’t think I’m at a point where adding extra defense is “redundant”. Like I said in my previous post, I only find utility for my red Phoenix at BT and at raids where there’s no other toons carrying a red Phoenix.
      World-Gwydion
      Surya7 (Warrior Lvl 225)
      Raijin (Druid Lvl 221)
      Clan-Relentless

I’ve seen a lot of main tanks of different servers still stick to using a Phoenix over Salve, mainly because of the useful elemental resists it gives. The fortitude and warding boosts are a bonus being the best evasions for end game raids.

No, a pig is the best tank pet for solo tanking, especially if you’re a tank running a high CD Shield Wall build. I’m pretty sure there’s quite a few tanks who’ve been able to tank Proteus Prime without using any druids( I’ve been able to do it, so assuming better geared tanks can do it too :p )

Yes, I still prefer using the Salve over the Phoenix simply because the Defense boost is too good to lose out on and I don’t think I’m at a point where adding extra defense is “redundant”. Like I said in my previous post, I only find utility for my red Phoenix at BT and at raids where there’s no other toons carrying a red Phoenix.

Thank you very much! That’s very helpful.

If you’re a tank who’s struggling to stay alive, then rabbit might be a better option since the heal is instant. However, 180 vit over 180 focus and having the instant energy recovery is preferred by most end game tanks( almost all the tanks on my server use a pig ).
        World-Gwydion
        Surya7 (Warrior Lvl 225)
        Raijin (Druid Lvl 221)
        Clan-Relentless

If you need heals, take rabbit. If you need stats, take boar or salveroot. Even dog gives you same vit + more useful evasion + it's bite helps to keep aggro. Pig is kinda jack of all trades, there's better choice for any application.
        And about energy injection. I know three bosses who drain your energy. Chained, 6* eye near Gele and legacy Dread King. Are they that much of an issue to get pet with this mechanic?

It’s basically an economic option to save you from resto spamming for energy. It’s the skills which are an energy drain, not the bosses ._. Pig offers both 180 Vit and also acts as a source of hp, energy regen. The rabbits heal might be greater, but the 180 focus is a complete waste.

Also for better stats you’d want to use a salveroot or Phoenix. Boar is an outdated Salveroot. And I’ve never seen any present end game tanks use a dog lol, only was a good option in the past when it was the only pet with Vit.

I’d still recommend Phoenix and Salve over any other pet if you’ve got the financial capability. As an end game tank, your heals should be covered by druids and lixes+ restos for energy.
          World-Gwydion
          Surya7 (Warrior Lvl 225)
          Raijin (Druid Lvl 221)
          Clan-Relentless