Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New ranger

I don't understand why u ppl claim to know the rangers class and yet u keep recommending sharpen weapons skill ???
Why would anyone want to use sharpen weapons over steady aim is a mystery to me. Steady aim adds MORE Dmg than sharpen weapons and also adds to attack. Yes I know that sharpen is group buff but in all fairness ranger do not run in packs and its never easy to buff all the players in group due to small radius of the skill.
So all in all steady is way better than sharpen.
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal

I don't understand why u ppl claim to know the rangers class and yet u keep recommending sharpen weapons skill ???
Why would anyone want to use sharpen weapons over steady aim is a mystery to me. Steady aim adds MORE Dmg than sharpen weapons and also adds to attack. Yes I know that sharpen is group buff but in all fairness ranger do not run in packs and its never easy to buff all the players in group due to small radius of the skill.
Maybe you're using a crap dex skill instead of sharpens.

Sharpens is also a group skill and can effectively add over 960 damage to the whole group.
Wattzon of Sulis

I agree, steady aim is better than sharpen as far as results go. I will say this:

Steady Aim takes a lot longer to cast than sharpen.

Steady Aim does eventually add less damage than sharpen.

And we have crap skills anyway, so why not use two skills that are at least decent- or even the best skills we still possess?
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

So my steady aim is at 15/15 and sharpens at 16. Steady aim adds barely 10 damage as opposed to sharpen weaps 30. It was my understanding that steady aim varied depending on your mainhand weapon meaning at low levels sharpen weaps is actually better damage increase
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

15/15 steady worse than 16 sharpen. Maybe, can't say ik for sure. You won't be that low of a lvl for very long and it's going to change drastically. Dmg isn't always the best stat either. All the dmg in the world won't be squat with if you're not landing hits. You can still opt to use sharpshot at those lvls.

Sharpens is also a group skill and can effectively add over 960 damage to the whole group.
Now please go back to my post and this time actually read what I wrote.
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal

Now please go back to my post and this time actually read what I wrote.
I really hope you do know that you can click on allies and sharpen weapon them from a distance.

Most rangers position themselves where they will easily be able to cast sharpens on to 5 or 6. You can also ask group members to stand by you.

And this is the reason why people would want to use sharpen weapons AND steady, both. More DPS. It's a mystery to me how you don't have space for both these skills.
Wattzon of Sulis