Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: I have a revolutionary Idea!

Just because sharp shot is weak as a dex based ATM doesn't mean we need to change the stat its based on people...

If sharp shot was just fixed with its base damage I think we would all be fine with that.

I agree that str based rangers need a str-based 'sharpshot-like' skill. I don't see why we can't get one. Rogues even have two similar skills like that. (quickstrike and shadowstrike) [based on cast time]

If barbed shot would be put to poison dmg DoT that would also be nice.
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

Well I guess rangers are treated different on my Android server than the ones on ios. The way some of the rangers describe how they are treated is like being a second class citizen.

Yes we like our rangers to have bolas if necessary. And, yes, when we do aggy or dl I do ask one of our rangers to stay close to the druids to protect them in case they are attacked by adds. My main is a druid and I have a ranger alt that is auto based with a terrible light heal and no bolas or entangle. I also like the rangers to stay close to me so they can get healed by my group heal while also doing damage to the target and protect me or one of the other druids.

I think a rangers ability to provide support and as a damage player is cool.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

They are probably treated differently because you do not have a large, endgame-level player base of the other classes, and also because of the idol nerf which has killed more than a few bossing strategies for most clans.
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

You guys all say ranger sucks and you need buffs etc

I agree rangers need a str based skill but NOT THE SAME DPS LEVEL AS ROGUE

A ranger is a ranger and a rogue is a rogue one can kite mobs and heal themselves stay out of aoes, one deals incredible dps yet dies easy.

Rangers do need a buff yes i like the sharpshot and longshot to become str based skills, apparently from a ranger in relentless he claimed he can get mordris kills over rogues if he can do that how are rangers bad? Another ranger in seed crom called xXoneshotXx claims as a spear ranger level 187 he can get mordris kills sounds like bs to me but idk.

Summary rangers need to be buffed but not to the point of outdpsint rogues
Oderint Dum Metuant.

A ranger is a ranger and a rogue is a rogue one can kite mobs and heal themselves stay out of aoes, one deals incredible dps yet dies easy.

Rangers do need a buff yes i like the sharpshot and longshot to become str based skills, apparently from a ranger in relentless he claimed he can get mordris kills over rogues if he can do that how are rangers bad? Another ranger in seed crom called xXoneshotXx claims as a spear ranger level 187 he can get mordris kills sounds like bs to me but idk.

The crom story indeed sounds like bs. If a rogue uses the same spear as that ranger, the rogue is open to their arsenal of dps skills such as double attack, rend, assassinate, quickstrike, while the only thing spear ranger can do is double attack and skewer to some extent. Seems like this oneshot character got a kill once while all the lvl190+ rogues were doing adds and loves to brag.

Also I've seen only one other ranger in my clan get kill on Mordris other than me, and I usually construct the DPS group using the best DPS available at that time, been to several mords and only gotten kills 3 times, and I will say with guilt that I was semi afk on 2 of those, not helping on priestess or the adds.
Wattzon of Sulis

The crom story indeed sounds like bs. If a rogue uses the same spear as that ranger, the rogue is open to their arsenal of dps skills such as double attack, rend, assassinate, quickstrike, while the only thing spear ranger can do is double attack and skewer to some extent. Seems like this oneshot character got a kill once while all the lvl190+ rogues were doing adds and loves to brag.

Also I've seen only one other ranger in my clan get kill on Mordris other than me, and I usually construct the DPS group using the best DPS available at that time, been to several mords and only gotten kills 3 times, and I will say with guilt that I was semi afk on 2 of those, not helping on priestess or the adds.
You got 2 mordris kills semi afk. Druids mages and warriors skill spam and never get kills. But yeah, rangers are the ones who need a buff.
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter