Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Skill idea

Well, most of us have noticed that rangers are quite dull. We don't specialize in any skill types and I would certainly rather have any other class to help me in a boss fight. On account of this, we should really begin thinking of some new skills to be added in the future to give rangers a purpose in this game.

I was thinking of past games I have played and the abilities that the bowmen had. As a new DPS skill I would love to be able to quickly shoot a volley of arrows into the sky and have them rain down on top of the target. This could have an amazing animation and I would love to have it implemented. This skill could have a cast time dependent on weapon speed(like barbed shot) and a long cooldown. It would have to drain your energy quite a bit to put out some great dps. This could even give splash dmg! A new skill like this would help rangers to catch up with rogues a bit in dps, and could be balanced out if given the time.

This is just one of my ideas I had while brainstorming. Let me know what you think and start thinking of new skills yourself! I'll update this with any more ideas I think of, feel free to critisize and add to it!

Thanks, Alb
Albericus of Herne
Lazydrunks founder
Ranger skills still broken...

Re: Skill idea

Perhaps rangers could be given a skill similar to giant swing for warriors. Everyone has seen archers in the movies shooting multiple arrows at once right? Imagine being able to shoot two or even 3(probably OP) arrows into your foe at the same time, using a skill. Like a triad or pair of arrows doubling or tripling damage. This could work very similarly to giant swing- it would add 75% of your weapon speed, deal about 2x as much dmg as a auto attack, be a slower cast than SS, and have a long cool down time. I noticed that rangers don't have a heavy hitting skill like giant swing or sneaky attack,(Sharp shot is more like a pummel or quickstrike) and this would fit in quite nicely.
Albericus of Herne
Lazydrunks founder
Ranger skills still broken...

Re: Skill idea

Perhaps rangers could be given a skill similar to giant swing for warriors. Everyone has seen archers in the movies shooting multiple arrows at once right? Imagine being able to shoot two or even 3(probably OP) arrows into your foe at the same time, using a skill. Like a triad or pair of arrows doubling or tripling damage. This could work very similarly to giant swing- it would add 75% of your weapon speed, deal about 2x as much dmg as a auto attack, be a slower cast than SS, and have a long cool down time. I noticed that rangers don't have a heavy hitting skill like giant swing or sneaky attack,(Sharp shot is more like a pummel or quickstrike) and this would fit in quite nicely.
And the higher you upgrade it, the more arrows are shot
Fionn dies..so you don't have to.