Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Any Airsoft Players Out There?

I’ve been wondering this for a while. I love playing Airsoft with my brother and have always been a curious if there is anyone in the CH community who shares my enjoyment for this sport!
If there are any Airsofters out there, do you play indoor or outdoor? Are you more of an assault type or recon type? What kind(s) of gun do you have and which is your favorite?
I personally prefer outdoor Airsoft and have my gear built for a more assault type. However I’m hoping to get more into recon. I currently have an AR 15 and a Well MB03 Sniper rifle. I love the sniper to death but still have to practice using it and am currently saving up for upgrades, buying a pistol for a sidearm, and making my own ghillie suit. :)
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Re: Any Airsoft Players Out There?

This sounds pretty dope. Never played airsoft never even heard of it u til now I'm not gonna lie. It sounds like lazer tag but with soft foam bullets instead of lazers? I'd be interested in seeing these guns you use if u could ss and upload them?
Airsoft is a little bit of a misnomer actually, it’s not particularly soft...it actually uses small (solid and hard) round plastic pellets. You might be thinking of Nerf guns with the foam darts, and that’s fun too, especially in an inside and close quarters environment, such as an office.... (I love working in a small development company :P )

Airsoft guns range in power - smaller and cheaper ones have a lower velocity, which means that they shoot slower, their effective range is shorter, and they don’t really hurt much (unless you get hit close range on bare skin, in which case they may sting a bit).
On the other hand, high quality airsoft weapons shoot a lot faster/harder, are more accurate, and are therefore a bit more painful (not to mention more expensive).

I’ve only played super basic airsoft - pretty much just me and my brother, my cousins, and a couple friends running around the (larger) backyard, armed with pistols (or occasionally a low quality rifle) and taking potshots at each other. All basic spring loaded weapons - none of the c02 or electric weaponry (too expensive for how little we played lol). Plus it would have ruined the fun to actually be able to hit the person we were aiming at :lol: . Here in my room right now I have 2 cheapo airsoft pistols put away (both of which are spring loaded, only hold 12-13 pellets, and are only accurate up to about 40-50 feet outside on a good day), and a rifle, that due to some mishandling by a friend is way out of whack and practically useless, I mostly keep it around because it looks kinda cool :lol: I haven’t gotten them out in ages.

I do know that airsoft gets played pretty competitively though, I’ve seen some youtube videos of some outdoor matches that look really cool. I’d really like to do a proper round of airsoft sometime!
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

This sounds pretty dope. Never played airsoft never even heard of it u til now I'm not gonna lie. It sounds like lazer tag but with soft foam bullets instead of lazers? I'd be interested in seeing these guns you use if u could ss and upload them?
Yeah, going along with what Eragon said it can be a lot more intense than Nerf stuff and laser tag. Not to mention it can hurt more :lol: Heck last weekend I got a reasonably-sized bruise on my arm after being shot and two blisters on my left foot from my boots (was in the field all day, so)! But it honestly worth it. A ton of fun and I’d go whenever I can.
I can show you my guns and some examples of the pellets (more commonly called as BBs by players) that Eragon mentioned in a PM if you want :)
Airsoft is a little bit of a misnomer actually, it’s not particularly soft...it actually uses small (solid and hard) round plastic pellets. You might be thinking of Nerf guns with the foam darts, and that’s fun too, especially in an inside and close quarters environment, such as an office.... (I love working in a small development company :P )

Airsoft guns range in power - smaller and cheaper ones have a lower velocity, which means that they shoot slower, their effective range is shorter, and they don’t really hurt much (unless you get hit close range on bare skin, in which case they may sting a bit).
On the other hand, high quality airsoft weapons shoot a lot faster/harder, are more accurate, and are therefore a bit more painful (not to mention more expensive).

I’ve only played super basic airsoft - pretty much just me and my brother, my cousins, and a couple friends running around the (larger) backyard, armed with pistols (or occasionally a low quality rifle) and taking potshots at each other. All basic spring loaded weapons - none of the c02 or electric weaponry (too expensive for how little we played lol). Plus it would have ruined the fun to actually be able to hit the person we were aiming at :lol: . Here in my room right now I have 2 cheapo airsoft pistols put away (both of which are spring loaded, only hold 12-13 pellets, and are only accurate up to about 40-50 feet outside on a good day), and a rifle, that due to some mishandling by a friend is way out of whack and practically useless, I mostly keep it around because it looks kinda cool :lol: I haven’t gotten them out in ages.

I do know that airsoft gets played pretty competitively though, I’ve seen some youtube videos of some outdoor matches that look really cool. I’d really like to do a proper round of airsoft sometime!
Lol, you have decent knowledge about Airsoft! You should’ve shared this earlier ;)

By the way if either of you want to look more into Airsoft, you can look up Novritch, Silo, Cleanshot, and Kicking Mustang in YouTube to get a closer look into it! All are Europeans, and they all specialize in sniper rifles, but the first three try out a variety of weapons and are fun to watch. :D

Oh boy this is a fun one.
But as much as a fan I am, I’ve not gone beyond Eragon’s experience. Only a couple large-scale meet ups with friends, and nothing more than spring shooters.
That being said I’ve been a big fan of Novritch and Silo, and dreamed of fun builds with all the money I’ll never have :lol:

Edit: yeah, not exactly “airy” or “soft”, in fact I had a chunk of plastic in my arm for a while (<1/8”) from hiding behind a plastic deck chair that my brother simply shot THROUGH, popping shards at me.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

yeah, not exactly “airy” or “soft”, in fact I had a chunk of plastic in my arm for a while (<1/8”) from hiding behind a plastic deck chair that my brother simply shot THROUGH, popping shards at me.
Lmho that’s terrible! :lol: Sometimes I’ll run into people who will either go full auto or just keep on shooting me even after I call the hit lol. It’s then I’m surprised I don’t have tiny blue spots all over me haha.

Yeah, going along with what Eragon said it can be a lot more intense than Nerf stuff and laser tag. Not to mention it can hurt more :lol: Heck last weekend I got a reasonably-sized bruise on my arm after being shot and two blisters on my left foot from my boots (was in the field all day, so)! But it honestly worth it. A ton of fun and I’d go whenever I can.
I can show you my guns and some examples of the pellets (more commonly called as BBs by players) that Eragon mentioned in a PM if you want :)

Lol, you have decent knowledge about Airsoft! You should’ve shared this earlier ;)

By the way if either of you want to look more into Airsoft, you can look up Novritch, Silo, Cleanshot, and Kicking Mustang in YouTube to get a closer look into it! All are Europeans, and they all specialize in sniper rifles, but the first three try out a variety of weapons and are fun to watch. :D
yeah if u could pm me those thatd be great :) really interested in seeing that sniper rifle. Had a pellet gun once, a handgun that took the small round metal pellets. Couldn't really shoot real people w/it, although I was shot in the behind with it by my cousin lol

yeah if u could pm me those thatd be great :) really interested in seeing that sniper rifle. Had a pellet gun once, a handgun that took the small round metal pellets. Couldn't really shoot real people w/it, although I was shot in the behind with it by my cousin lol
Sure thing!

Oh no! Did it hurt much? lol, there’s a reason we use more rubber bbs now.

Sure thing!

It doesn't actually hurt as much as u think it would, it's more like a sting but goes away pretty much instantly.

Those guns look pretty cool and not what I was imagining, was thinking something like a nerf gun like what eragon said lol. So what difference would having heavier bbs make?

Sure thing!

It doesn't actually hurt as much as u think it would, it's more like a sting but goes away pretty much instantly.

Those guns look pretty cool and not what I was imagining, was thinking something like a nerf gun like what eragon said lol. So what difference would having heavier bbs make?
Oh good, I’m glad it didn’t hurt too much :lol: That’s pretty much was these rubber BBs feel like.
The heavier the BB, the slower it flies to the target... but the more resistant it has to wind currents and leaves in the trees (depending on where you play), thus being more accurate. However, you have to be super careful because that also means they can hurt more. The guy who runs the Airsoft field I go to described it like a 8-wheeler truck. It might look like it’s going slower, but because of it’s weight it would pack a bigger punch than a normal car. So you obviously don’t want too heavy of a BB for the sake of the people you’re shooting at :lol: And sometimes, your gun would need a heavier/lighter BB so it can perform better. (Edit: To make it more understandable, sometimes the power of a gun dictates the weight of the BB I need.) Pretty interesting if you think about it!