Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Programming Help.

Hello. you will find me on rosmerta normally fishing for upwards of 10 hours a day. But on the days im at university i do 1 hour of code club each day. and ive been doing c# and recently ventured into SQL, i am making a private timers app(sorry its not gonna be public unless ik u) bc of the ones people make have sketchy code ive noticed... anyways, i was able to get the register system to work perfectly with validation etc. but when i try to program the login section it doesnt work

1) my data source isnt wrong
2) the names of buttons text boxes everything is 100% correct
3) im going braindead help

ignore the code from the partwhere it says From user blah blah goto blah blah userarea thats for changing form page :) IT gives me a stupid error saying ExecuteNonQuery thing for sql meaning theres an error with sql code

Re: Programming Help.

I think this would be better placed in the Off Topic subforums, just sayin.

Unfortunately my c# skills are slightly nonexistent. The SQL code looks accurate enough...the only thing I can think of is that column names are occasionally case sensitive depending on the OS of the server...but if it's that way in the database (and not causing issues elsewhere), then that's obviously not it.

Only other thing I can think of is if you are missing something on the page to connect to the database..unless you have other queries in the same file.

Good luck!
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

lol..... i was trying to fix it and had a look at data sources and was able to setup a view customers page and have it work! amazinggggg

blurring out the sensitives... btw dont ask for the tool. its aprivate one for friends, the cost is 100k per person... i spent a long ass time getting the exact times and stuff you get one point per time you hit a timer so you can track how many bosses killed. Its working great until today when i broke the stupid login page

I guess i have the actual issue too ,
When i first download it on my new iphone , It started showing an Error before the conneting Page like " Patching Text"
I redownloaded it on my ipad 2 times and still got this error , Can Anyone help me with that? I dont know how to fix it my self i cant see any download data in my device!?

I guess i have the actual issue too ,
When i first download it on my new iphone , It started showing an Error before the conneting Page like " Patching Text"
I redownloaded it on my ipad 2 times and still got this error , Can Anyone help me with that? I dont know how to fix it my self i cant see any download data in my device!?
Is this an issue with the actual Celtic Heroes app? Or are you one of the players using the private timers app mentioned here.

If you are running into this with the CH app, the "Patching Text" message is not an error, it just shows that the app is updating some text assets in the background. In my experience, it usually finishes in anywhere from 5-30 seconds depending on the device/connection. How long was it stuck at that message before you restarted the app? If you saw it for more than a few minutes, there could be some sort of issue...perhaps your connection was really slow?

If you are having an issue with bobsyouruncle's app, I can't really help ya, sorry!
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!