Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Shoebox PC

After a long project, i decided to make a shoebox PC.
I will be creating my own OS (jOS, 832 lines of code currently) and I will be doing it with assembly, batch, Python, and c++.
So far I have wiped a old disc and 8GB flash drive. I plan on using the disc to apply the OS and using the flash drive as RAM. The plan now is to cut holes in the top and put a old PC fan in there, get a keyboard, and modify a tablet. I have managed to find a way to make the disc have a virus-like installation process where I do not need to put in any UI to install it. I made a motherboard with some old cardboard, a sodder, and a few old wires. I managed to take apart my old iPhone 4 and turn its memory into the hard drive. The iPhone will function like a touch-pad mouse after I finish with it. Does anyone have any questions, comments, or tips?

(I managed to find an old 4G USIM apple as a backup in case the wifi is shoddy. But I am buying a USIM apple programmer so I can turn it into a all-purpose microchip)

(The power source is 4 old chargers, a small transformer, and the power switch for it is a power grid thingy [ what are they called? They have a switch, connect to an outlet, and have multiple sockets...])

(I had problems with the motherboards elevation and the transmission so I decided to buy some Legos and rubber bands to elevate it and allow it to be on a powered motor pulley system to hard reset the transmitter. I have also managed to get an extra fan to turn on that functions with rubber bands since it was broken before I started using it.)

(I am considering using a beats speaker)
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Re: Shoebox PC

Cool. What do u do if it breaks?
That's a very good point (like many of your other posts). I'm gonna go with fix it, but would love to hear from the op and others to confirm my wild theories!?!?

Re: Shoebox PC

On a serious note I'd love to hear how it's going. Ever considered installing your os on something like a raspberry pi for testing purposes?
The OS I've been writing is only 8bit, and I'm trying to make it extremely simple as I do not have amazing hardware available to me atm. But the only way I can make it install is if I make it auto install, like a virus on a disc would. And I can't do that unless I make it 32bit (too much for the hard drive) or put a map inside of the hardware to make it spurt out to certain areas
Wafflez.
(|%}^=