Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Are there any mages out there that don’t use a Rabbit/Hare

Phoenix great stats but doki skill... Can be good if many have same type to always have the debuff on but.. ffs its only 400.. and the dmg is just dokii and when the debuff is on you wont see much of an difference when your up there at eg for dmg

Dragon has such a great skill and the 120 focus is already but its the skilllllllllllll your getting it for (aoe dmg and then dots), tho you need to keep on eye out on others who have the save elemental dra as you as the dots from dra can be over ride which can be a pain but solo it will be great (and you still have the first hit of dmg). And the skill resets as the dots are over :shock:

Rabbit just for good heals if you really BADLYYYY need that hp regen or energy

If its your main go all out and get yourself a dragon, nothing but the "best" for your main after all.
Ofc most importantly goes well with your lures^^ as the doki ice mage fury said
Lugh - Pegasus

Raburto - 230 nab fire mage
Rab Rogue - 221 dodo rogue

Phoenix great stats but doki skill... Can be good if many have same type to always have the debuff on but.. ffs its only 400.. and the dmg is just dokii and when the debuff is on you wont see much of an difference when your up there at eg for dmg

Dragon has such a great skill and the 120 focus is already but its the skilllllllllllll your getting it for (aoe dmg and then dots), tho you need to keep on eye out on others who have the save elemental dra as you as the dots from dra can be over ride which can be a pain but solo it will be great (and you still have the first hit of dmg). And the skill resets as the dots are over :shock:

If its your main go all out and get yourself a dragon, nothing but the "best" for your main after all.
400 less resist can be a damage buff of anywhere between 500 and 1000 per hit
It’s not a “poopy” skill in the slightest. The only way dragon can be better is it’s skill damage (as in the damage done by the pet skill itself) is higher on the dragon than Phoenix, but since the lure aspect of the Phoenix skill is so great, dragon is only really better if you consistently have enough phoenixes to keep the skill up full time.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

It’s not a “poopy” skill in the slightest. The only way dragon can be better is it’s skill damage (as in the damage done by the pet skill itself) is higher on the dragon than Phoenix, but since the lure aspect of the Phoenix skill is so great, dragon is only really better if you consistently have enough phoenixes to keep the skill up full time.
I have not seen any way close to 1k dif from my game.. when debuff was on
"dragon is only really better if you consistently have enough phoenixes to keep the skill up full time" and why would i need that doki debuff when i have my own lure?
Yes i ment the the dmg done by the pet itself is better.
Phoenix has great stats just not a fan of the skill, i rather have a "better" dmg skill for my self that a debuff thats not showing me its worth my time.
If they took off all the dmg from phoenix and added more to the debuff maybe then i turn my eye.
Lugh - Pegasus

"dragon is only really better if you consistently have enough phoenixes to keep the skill up full time" and why would i need that doki debuff when i have my own lure?
Phoenix has great stats just not a fan of the skill, i rather have a "better" dmg skill for my self that a debuff thats not showing me its worth my time.
If they took off all the dmg from phoenix and added more to the debuff maybe then i turn my eye.
Hey man you do you. My fire lure atm is only around 1857 rip (no Bt dmg rings yet, Ripperoni), Phoenix brings that up to 2257, which is quite the jump. This can put my max damage on prot from 3k to 3.7k. Not a 1k jump for that boss, but it’s still well worth it.

Then again, any resist debuff will help those with more damage due to how formulas work, so if you are running a lower damage mage then it would follow that you would see less of an impact. With pets like these I find you often have to weigh short term gain vs long term gain.
Also NGL, the dragon skill is barely better DPS in terms of direct skill damage, where really any gain from Phoenix would put it over the top.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Unless you already have 4 or 5 of a phoenix type at every raid, or you never attend raids, you're an idiot to get a dragon over a phoenix as a caster.

You're easily seeing around 25% more damage on a boss like Bloodthorn from relevant skills when the phoenix skill is active. An 8k ice shards will easily be pushed over 10k with the debuff. It also boosts elemental damage from weapons, armor and jewellery. Competing with melee classes for DoTs isn't a reliable way to boost your dps. I even suspect the extra 120 focus from the phoenix, which provides a small boost to all of your skills, would close the gap *not insignificantly* between the damage on the pet skills themselves. Mainly when competing for DoTs. The extra 120 vitality over a dragon also proves useful for the squishy mages.

For soloing content, where your lure will already reduce a mob's resistance to 0, dragons and hares are acceptable. For team play, where you do not permanantly have a phoenix debuff on endgame bosses, a phoenix is the only sane choice. If you do have a permanent phoenix debuff, a dragon is still not much better for DPS due to boss resistances and competing for DoTs. Be a team player and get a phoenix.

Hey man you do you. My fire lure atm is only around 1857 rip (no Bt dmg rings yet, Ripperoni), Phoenix brings that up to 2257, which is quite the jump. This can put my max damage on prot from 3k to 3.7k. Not a 1k jump for that boss, but it’s still well worth it.

Then again, any resist debuff will help those with more damage due to how formulas work, so if you are running a lower damage mage then it would follow that you would see less of an impact. With pets like these I find you often have to weigh short term gain vs long term gain.
Also NGL, the dragon skill is barely better DPS in terms of direct skill damage, where really any gain from Phoenix would put it over the top.
lul why you put rip at the end 1.8k is great we are around the same heh
Maybe its just my bad luck then not seen those numbers with my chicken at all :cry:
(yes its a chicken)
Lugh - Pegasus

Unless you already have 4 or 5 of a phoenix type at every raid, or you never attend raids, you're an idiot to get a dragon over a phoenix as a caster.

You're easily seeing around 25% more damage on a boss like Bloodthorn from relevant skills when the phoenix skill is active. An 8k ice shards will easily be pushed over 10k with the debuff. It also boosts elemental damage from weapons, armor and jewellery. Competing with melee classes for DoTs isn't a reliable way to boost your dps. I even suspect the extra 120 focus from the phoenix, which provides a small boost to all of your skills, would close the gap *not insignificantly* between the damage on the pet skills themselves. Mainly when competing for DoTs. The extra 120 vitality over a dragon also proves useful for the squishy mages.

For soloing content, where your lure will already reduce a mob's resistance to 0, dragons and hares are acceptable. For team play, where you do not permanantly have a phoenix debuff on endgame bosses, a phoenix is the only sane choice. If you do have a permanent phoenix debuff, a dragon is still not much better for DPS due to boss resistances and competing for DoTs. Be a team player and get a phoenix.
We dont really have much mains with fire chickens sadly
Around 25%...thats a big oof but you are talking about bt
Never seen that kind of number with it off and on, its just not for my liking, we clearly see things differently.
Lugh - Pegasus