Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Skill stat vs focus for damage

Hi! I'm sure this question was asked in the past but .....

Which is more important for a mage: higher skill or higher focus? This is in terms of damage. Currently I have 2150/2150 fire magic with 1125 focus (item stats included). I have the opportunity of adding a jewelry item with 200+ fire magic or one with 85 focus and I'm torn.

What purpose is having higher fire magic? What is a good number fire to have? What is a good number for focus to have??

Any and all feedback is accepted. Thanks!
Enjoying life one kill at a time .......

Re: Skill stat vs focus for damage

Hi! I'm sure this question was asked in the past but .....

Which is more important for a mage: higher skill or higher focus? This is in terms of damage. Currently I have 2150/2150 fire magic with 1125 focus (item stats included). I have the opportunity of adding a jewelry item with 200+ fire magic or one with 85 focus and I'm torn.

What purpose is having higher fire magic? What is a good number fire to have? What is a good number for focus to have??

Any and all feedback is accepted. Thanks!
Hey Alexxia!
This is a standard question most mages have, and the only real way to figure it out is to compare the damage both give you.
I ran both of the items in question through my calculator and the focus item is better.
Fire magic reduces evasion too.
Not true. Her stat is close enough to 220 where additional fire magic will only help with damage, it will take 1-2k difference to have a real impact on evasions. Abilities don't have that much of an impact on evasions, its a very slight and hard to notice impact, and only for very large changes in ability stat (1k+). I wish abilities acted more like attack but as of now they don't really.
This has been confirmed through multiple tests by multiple different classes with a variety of skills.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Fire magic reduces evasion too.
Not true. Her stat is close enough to 220 where additional fire magic will only help with damage, it will take 1-2k difference to have a real impact on evasions. Abilities don't have that much of an impact on evasions, its a very slight and hard to notice impact, and only for very large changes in ability stat (1k+). I wish abilities acted more like attack but as of now they don't really.
This has been confirmed through multiple tests by multiple different classes with a variety of skills.
That's a cool story, but I was simply answering the question: "What does fire magic do?".
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Holy necro post
Fire magic increases damage like focus, the trick is getting the right balance between your focus and firemage so you maximise both to their full potential.
+1
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at