Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Druid Wards

so this is absolutely killing me right now. i'm trying to build a full support druid using touch, natures breath, bark and sanctuary but i also want to utilize the 6 different wards (fire, ice, magic, pierce, crush and slash) but to achieve a build like this with so many skills and to make it work i need as much gear swaps as i can get hold of. i recently discovered that back in the day a boss called king vorum dead bone or something like that dropped these 10+ ward misc and I've managed to get my hands on 2 of them, giants ward and fire ward. but after shouting in castle and my servers trade chat i wasn't able to find anyone with any other types, however a lot of people having just the fire and giants/crush resistance ones. i'm wondering if perhaps only fire ward and giants ward are the only 2 types that exist? please make a response to this post ASAP as its killing me and i cant find any info on whether or not the 4 other skills have a ward misc.

ps i am aware this legacy still spawns in carrow tunnels and also in lirs reach somewhere near hagvar. also i am aware that there is a spring of life misc, which i own but wont use at spring of life is trash unless using for pvp.

Re: Druid Wards

Sanctuary isn't worth it, it barely protects you from any damage and has long cool down. It's a garbage skill. Your better off putting points into bless. Bless has far more uses and a person will take less damage with a massive increase in evasions.

Also stay away from wards their not worth your time. It's not something realistic to use long term. And doing excessive amounts switching is once again not realistic long term and is exhausting. Plus if your with a clan, the boss will end up dying anyway even if you hadn't of used wards on people at all in the boss fight. So all the tedious switching would be pointless. Simply max out bless, it will do more damage reduction then any single ward. A person tanking will evade so many more hits throughout the fight. And the damage reduction from the any single ward is minimal in a high lvl boss fight. And the boss will using multiple forms of different types of damage anyway.

Wards are simply not worth using. They would only be worth it if there was only two wards in the game. One for improved resistance to crush/slash/pierce attacks and another ward for improved resistance towards magic/ice/fire attacks. To not make this over powered they would simply not make wards improve has much resistance just like how abundance aura is weaker then abundance and how natures breath is weaker then natural touch. Wards are simply not a versatile skill. Wards would only be only a versatile skill if your are excessively using book of alterations. But once again that would be so tedious. The most realistic option you have is to use bless because it will be useful in absolutely any situation your in (not taking into considering the low lvl mobs that don't use skills, because they barely do any damage anyway).

As I said earlier sanctuary gives low damage protection and has long cool down. It won't make a difference in the outcome of a boss fight with a large group and same applies to wards with their not so great damage reduction.

I don't consider wards a worthless skill. It's just that there not really all that needed in so many situations and you want to use skills that are as useful as possible in as many situations as possible as often as possible. Your far better of allocating your points elsewhere in the skill options you have. And bless better fits that description. Stay away from options that require ridiculous amounts of tedious switching and buying of large amounts of all sorts of Jewerly. Try keep it more simple.

the main reason for using wards is i'm the sort of person who wants to try something different.

my ranger (snappi 219 ranger from epona) is very tanky/ can be tanky when needed to and atm my clan is active but not enough tanks are active 24/7 to take down bosses. my idea was to make any class tanky enough to take a boss (obviously not gele, bt prot) but tanky enough to take hrung aggy or any of the edl bosses. its a bit of a longshot but if they can atleast tank a 5* i would be happy enough with this build. i have recently found that only fire and giants ward miscs exist and none of the others which is a bit of a shame as i would like to see wards being used more often. the reason i use sanctuary is if in a moment of panic when someone is low hp it casts quicker than touch or breath and gives a quick shield normally allowing me enough time to then cast touch or breath

Sanctuary isn't worth it, it barely protects you from any damage and has long cool down. It's a garbage skill. Your better off putting points into bless. Bless has far more uses and a person will take less damage with a massive increase in evasions.

Also stay away from wards their not worth your time. It's not something realistic to use long term. And doing excessive amounts switching is once again not realistic long term and is exhausting. Plus if your with a clan, the boss will end up dying anyway even if you hadn't of used wards on people at all in the boss fight. So all the tedious switching would be pointless. Simply max out bless, it will do more damage reduction then any single ward. A person tanking will evade so many more hits throughout the fight. And the damage reduction from the any single ward is minimal in a high lvl boss fight. And the boss will using multiple forms of different types of damage anyway.

Wards are simply not worth using. They would only be worth it if there was only two wards in the game. One for improved resistance to crush/slash/pierce attacks and another ward for improved resistance towards magic/ice/fire attacks. To not make this over powered they would simply not make wards improve has much resistance just like how abundance aura is weaker then abundance and how natures breath is weaker then natural touch. Wards are simply not a versatile skill. Wards would only be only a versatile skill if your are excessively using book of alterations. But once again that would be so tedious. The most realistic option you have is to use bless because it will be useful in absolutely any situation your in (not taking into considering the low lvl mobs that don't use skills, because they barely do any damage anyway).

As I said earlier sanctuary gives low damage protection and has long cool down. It won't make a difference in the outcome of a boss fight with a large group and same applies to wards with their not so great damage reduction.

I don't consider wards a worthless skill. It's just that there not really all that needed in so many situations and you want to use skills that are as useful as possible in as many situations as possible as often as possible. Your far better of allocating your points elsewhere in the skill options you have. And bless better fits that description. Stay away from options that require ridiculous amounts of tedious switching and buying of large amounts of all sorts of Jewerly. Try keep it more simple.
this is a pretty ordinary attitude to have in regards to wards. Have you ever had wards at 215/6? I have and it makes an enormous difference on a heavy aoe boss like unox. It is clearly impractical to max all 6 wards and touch breath bark bless/sanctuary all at once but assuming you max the most common wards it is an enormous advantage to have. I would say those skills + 3-4 wards is fairly easily achievable with some aggy rings and legacy charms and ammies would be in no way exhausting. It just means prioritising which would be needed the most which Imo would be magic fire and slash/crush

There is only 1 thing that i agree with in your post and that is that bless has more benefits to it than sanctuary from a strictly tanking POV. The wards should be more than enough for the rest of the group in most cases.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

All 6 wards are not worth it. I’d go with Natures touch, natures breath, bark, howling winds, then 2-3 wards for what you want.
Bark gives an extra 1k+ physical resists, and with winds and decent defence on a ranger you will be able to tank edls.
Magic + Winds for unox
Bark + winds for Hrung
Slash + Bark + Winds and you can tank 185/195/210
Tanking most bosses as DPS isn’t too hard as long as you have the right skills setup and swap out your braces for prot tank ones and you can still hold aggro. With winds you should be able to tank any 5star minus BT roots. Wards don’t even need to be max to be effective as well, a lvl 30 ward will still add 700-800 resistance
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Pretty much all of our endgame support druids carry magic ward. Mainly for 215 6 which is horrendous without it. Most can solo heal any boss up to and including prot base with no problems. The other wards are kinda situational and a waste of skill points. The only time I’d alt a ward in is ice ward for 210 mono (note when I did this at 45 points the advantage was negligible, at 50 it made a lot of difference against the demon rock of doom with some melee even saying ‘I almost enjoyed it’ :lol: )
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

Wards are not worthless. No you can't max all 6 at once and still effectively heal, 3-4 wards has been my experience provided you can scavenge Aggy ward rings and provide full heal support. Magic, Fire, Ice, and Soldier most used imo. Hot barring the wards is easy and they last a long time. There is a boss guide for which ward for which boss in the forums. Magic ward is the most commonly used as stated earlier. I prefer magic and soldiers as part of my day to day build. I have solo healed Gele. Try doing BT without wards...... Painful. Sanctuary does have a long cd, with the BT cd reduction ring it becomes viable imo. I look at it as about 1/2 value NB based on the damage it mitigates. Sanctuary allows a skill cast without interruption to all those it covered when cast, very valuable imo. It may not be a great amount of damage reduction but it does fill the gap while waiting for cool downs of your other casts. Anything that will reduce the amount of heals you must cast gets my vote. Face it , its not just the cd but the cast speeds that hold us back. We sorely need access to another way to acquire better ward rings besides Aggy.