Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Regenleif's Guide to Druiding (2017 Update)

Most definitely the most helpful guide on the forums for young druids! This guide is SO informative, that even my GF ( WHO JUST STARTED 2 WEEKS AGO and is ALREADY lvl 106 ) found a lot of useful information in here that may be related to druid but is also relative to all the other classes as well! I went from being a lvl 0 druid to lvl 106 druid in 2 weeks. My gf is neck and neck with me and we are having a LOT of fun as a duo. There's a lot of useful stuff in here and I'm pretty much a hybrid build. The ONLY thing I would say to newer players who are just starting out... don't max your skills!!! I am lvl 106 and while I am near maxing 4 skills, those 4 skills do JUST as well without being upgraded all the way. Because of this guides ability to break down damage using mathematics, recognize that your spell doesn't just "get better" because you upgraded it! You have a LOT of factors that come into play regarding how much damage your skills will do. So if your lightning strike says it will do '450' and it's only hitting for '217' it's because of their resistances, lvl and more. You will likely never get your maximum useage of a skill page so find a comfortable place to keep your skills for this MAIN REASON --- ENERGY CONSERVATION! If you max your heal all the way up, and you have garbage gear ( sorry newbies ) and you don't want to dump any cash flow into the plat/sigs/restos.. ( and EVEN WITH ) you are going to have a hard time keeping people alive for a prolonged period! Not saying most fights last that long, but in retrospect, there are some that last SO long it's ridiculous! Stonefang for instance. Love hate relationship with that wolf! So being able to heal for up to 500 ( 20/20) costs x amount, using natures touch at say ( 15/20 ) will dramatically decrease the energy cost, allowing MORE heals ( which in the long run is more beneficial due to being able to cast MORE DPS/SUPPORT skills including your heal, and it's STILL going to heal for about 375-400 without draining all of your mana! I am lvl 106 but haven't yet had the need to use ANY other abilities ( besides the freebies i get and ones in the store at the castle ) to deal decent damage and keep my allies alive.

My skills are as follow at lvl 106:

Build --- Hybrid

22/25 bark
23/25 touch
20/25 natures embrace
21/25 lightning
22/25 vines

and.. that's it! Bark gives AMAZING defences. Jesus. It's like having a warrior but a spellcaster! Your touch is obviously your best healing spell ( direct ) and embrace is you heal over time ( HoT ) that is basically a MUST have for your hybrid/heal build. Lightning does decent damage, mana efficient, and almost as fast as a strangling vines tic and then your ( DoT ) damage over time strangling vines does MASSIVE damage over time. It will tick at least 5-6 times and each time is for maybe 50-60 points of damage LESS than my lightning strike ( my long range DD spell ) ( dd = direct damage ).

Notice how my skills are NOT maxed, yet I bet you I can solo better than ANY druid my level and make it look easier.

Now a HUGE note to take for those who are trying to level PAST lvl 80..

THIS GUIDE IS IMMENESLY HELPFUL FOR THIS -- THIS GAME IS A GRIND THERE IS NO IF AND'S OR BUTS ABOUT IT! LOVE IT! DO IT! STOP COMPLAINING!!!

Mob locations are great!

the ONLY thing missing is the EMPHASIS on the Otherworld questline. Jesus. I struggled for months in Otherworld trying to level my ranger from 90-110. I mean.. I almost quit the game because of this grind! I felt it took forever and there was seemingly "NO" questline for me to follow..

LITTLE DID I KNOW UNTIL I MADE THIS DRUID...

The Otherworld has an amazing questline with TONS OF REPEATABLES in it. DO THIS! DO NO IGNORE THIS! IF YOU CAN DO THE REPEATABLE DO IT UNTIL YOU REACH THE LEVEL OF THE BEST OR MAX LVL MOB REQUIRED TO KILL IN THE QUEST!!!

Most notable mention of quests are your Kelpie Horns. Buy em. Farm em. Save em. 50k exp per turn in. Only need 1 to complete the quest.

FOLLOW THE QUESTLINE! I went from lvl 93 - 106 in one day due to turn ins and repeatables on the OTHERWORLD questline.

Hope this may help any druids like me.

The MAIN guide here is the shizz.

Thanks for making it! Hope maybe this brings some value to your post :)

I am level 126. Since I'm a solo druid(non-support) I only max 4 skills
Lightning:31/30 (ring)
Vines:31/30(ring)
Storm:30/30
Touch:30/30
While very useful for lvling by myself it costs A LOT of energy, but it is worth it if you don't want to depend on others.
Also I add 5 more to focus first than vit
Last edited by Jaegar on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[ long reply ]
I agree that the OW quests are the *best* way to level from 90-140, however they also recently nerfed the powerhouse quest (Sentinel Fall); You are correct, I'll update the guide to reflect the awesomeness of those quests (and cooking) "soon" :)

As tempting as it is for Druids to max all their skills on spot, balance with energy is crucial: upset the balance, and you'll find yourself being less effective than had you used less skill points!
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

I’ll try and get a video uploaded sometime of me living my Druid solo to show how to effectively kill multiple mobs at once.

One of my biggest suggestions.... always try to have the best dps gear available for each level.

Level 1: royal/grand/greater/lesser Stinging Swarm rings. AoE damage and killing multiple mobs is a huge boost.
No level req heroic ammy and lux offhand
No lvl req haste gloves/boots
Bear mount for survivability, wolf for added dps
Rabbit for heals/regen

Level 60: royal vines/lightning rings, yule frostiron totem
Level 90: upgraded yule totem
100: good lux ammy, offhand
120: Aggy lightning strike bracers x2, upgraded Yule totem
140: Paradai vines/embrace rings
150: better ammy, offhand
Etc etc. always look to upgrade pet/mount as you can

I personally prefer an offhand axe while lixing. I always used combo or heroic haste while lixing as the added damage supplemented my dps a lot, especially when a skill like vines misses. Don’t really need to add strength, but use what’s given from offhand. This combo really shined in more pit at 175 using dl totem, full dl and axe as I was autoing for 250-375ish which adds up when hasted. Also in 200 edl room due to divine damage in both areas.

To be successful in solo lixing a Druid, you’ve gotta be willing to dump some gold into gear or have some friends with loaner gear, otherwise the solo road sucketh.

If you can dual log, make or use a mage with crush/magic lure and cloak of fire with fire lure.

Re: Regenleif's Guide to Druiding (2018 Update)

Started a druid main on Arawn a week or so ago and followed this guide (mostly). I must say that I'm quite impressed with how the build is turning out. I'm already easily downing 4* (my range) and 5* (10 levels below) mobs solo that would have made my retired warrior toon think twice about attacking.

Thanks for taking the time to make this guide, it helped and continues to help me immensely!

-Kirwyn 78 Druid
Arawn
Lorn - 165 Druid
Diamond Hands - (Retired) 190 Rogue - 164 Cooking
Kirwyn - 155 Artisan Fisher
Clansman in Colours
Arawn

Arawn Fisherman's Market
https://band.us/@fishermansmarket

Re: Regenleif's Guide to Druiding (2018 Update)

Hi I am a level 214 druid playing on Herne. Just wanted to say what a fab guide which I wish I had when I was starting out. Thank you for all the time and effort you must have put into this.
Totally agree. I was trying to think it out an had no idea. I have done a few things right - by accident but totally missed the skill points and all the vital stuff. One thing.. jeez when will the guys slow down. They want a druid along but dive in like kids at an ice cream party before anything is ready...

Sigh

Thanks for the guide.. super useful.

Maev