Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Solo lixing as druid

So i just wanted to ask what is the best buff to use while solo lvling? (Not including bark and bless cause i use those already) i have 6.7k hp and 9k focus. Am i wasting skill points on bless? Should i just put it all in bark instead? Or howling wind idk so i ask here.

Thank you for the input, anyone and eveyone.
-Lamper

Re: Solo lixing as druid

So i just wanted to ask what is the best buff to use while solo lvling? (Not including bark and bless cause i use those already) i have 6.7k hp and 9k focus. Am i wasting skill points on bless? Should i just put it all in bark instead? Or howling wind idk so i ask here.

I use bark and natures embrace the rest are into DPS skills, bare in mind you need to have the rings and gear
190+ i would say
full dl
recast bracelets skulls charms for dps skills will help
CLAN (Kudos) Ex ascension

Mage(BeAtTz) lv 228 badass mage DPS
first 220 mage
First 200 mage
first 190 mage

I use bark and natures embrace the rest are into DPS skills, bare in mind you need to have the rings and gear
190+ i would say
full dl
recast bracelets skulls charms for dps skills will help
Im level198 and i havent tried embrace yet. With max points ive seen that it heals for like 250 per tick but thats maxed, should i just move the pts i got from bless into embrace then?
-Lamper

As you noticed, people usually go with either bark or winds. I prefer bark in tower because all(?) of the mobs have some pretty heavy skill hits and you really only have trouble with the automatons, wyverns, and sentinels (melee-focused mobs). As for Bless vs. Embrace, I think either would work, but I'd use Embrace to make kills more consistent. Also, be sure to have some points in Nature's Touch, or at least some swapped gear.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

I'm a non-traditional lixer when it comes to druids. A lot of what I will call, "mainstream" druids opt of the all out caster path. Not I, and I'll explain why.

While a pure caster can do some good damage, what happens when those vines or storm touch misses? You're now doing 0 damage from those skills while you wait for them to cooldown. Same with any spell. Why not optimize your damage output by supplementing it with either a totem or H2H damage?

I have an end game druid on Epona and creating another one on Rhiannon and I've lixed them almost identically, although the Rhiannon druid has things quite easier with the addition of various foods.

A traditional caster druid will run Bark, Lightning, Vines, Bees or Storm with Nat. Touch and whatever other points you can cram into the build.

I on the other hand, am trying something slightly different that what I did on Epona even. My skills are as follows: Bark/Vines/Lightning/Storm/Double Attack with leftovers in Winds. Yes, you read that correctly... I am running double attack on a leveling druid.

Here is my reason(s) for running this build. First, being a cookie cutter build isn't my style. On any toon I play. Second, when a spell misses, I still like to be doing some sort of damage. At the beginning stages of leveling I used H2H or even a Cruel Knife + Haste Gloves for max swing speed with the damage coming from NO Level Req slash/pierce/crush bracer, melee DPS lux offhand, damage lux helm etc. along with Sunshine Casseroles or Bara Briths. I did this up until 170 when I got my DL totem and lixed in the Snorri pit. While I was doing this at lower levels, I was hitting at max speed with around a 300-400 damage auto. It might not seem like much, but the damage adds up quickly. Now that I've started using a totem, the damage is quite a bit more (still using damage foods)

I have lixed my now level 190 druid almost entirely solo with maybe 10-14 lixes total in a group of some sort. In which, 90% of the time, I got the kill. This was with a mage, or a ranger. The only time they really got the kill over me was if I was in the process of rebuffing myself or them. Not too shabby for a druid out DPSing classes that are known for DPS.

With this setup, I'm able to simultaneously drop 2-3 mobs and have them die within a couple seconds of each other. I plan on making a video lixing in the 200 EDL room to demonstrate this. While this type of leveling isn't the cheapest, it sure makes for great XP solo as a druid, or in groups. I'm still getting around 2.8 bars per lix, solo. People on my server have looked at my toon and figured I was high or smoking something good... but the evidence in my lix XP is evidence that it works. Am I crazy for using Exquisite Bara Briths on a druid with Heroic Hastes? Probably. However, I don't care to make druid lixing more painful than necessary.

Last bit of advice. I run a level 1 Nat. Touch. At level 1, it will NOT get disrupted. Guaranteed heal. At lower levels you gotta rely on HP regen/lux regen and some restoration pots or HP food to help keep you alive... but once you start getting Ancient Beastbone, Alchemical and then Occult armor it becomes great. I can heal just under 1k without being disrupted. The only time I wear full DL/EDL is when lixing in a room such as 200 EDL, 210/215 EDL where their Chaos damage definitely adds up. Everywhere else, I'm mostly in Occult/Hrung Helm/DL or EDL gloves.