Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Focus, unneeded?

I like the idea. It has the potential to be powerful but not overly so.

in a group druid would
heal the tank
prep staff
prep staff
still preping staff...... Ok
heal the tank and then
Whallop
run away
heal the tank
heal the tank
heal the tank
prep staff again
repeat

compare it to Ice Shards
It should do twice the damage
The same mana cost
Take twice as long to cast.
And it is dependent upon hitting with the staff or it does not go off.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

Hey there, we are looking at a damage spell for druids where you charge up power into your staff, and then the next thing that gets hit by the staff will have the power unleashed onto them.

Does that sound like a good new damage skill for druids?

Thanks!
I like this idea, for one it makes the staff or totem more useful and more believable. I would hope that it would gain more power per what staff/totem you are using, but I do think we need a spell that drains health/energy or both.
World: Lugh
Clan: Gods of War (Co-founder and General)
Warrior: Grumpy1 lvl 100 plus
Rogue: Grumpy2 lvl 80 plus
Ranger: Grumpy3 lvl 40 plus
Mage: Grumpy4 lvl 90 plus
Druid: Grumpsdruid lvl 70 plus

[/quote]but I do think we need a spell that drains health/energy or both.[/quote]

- Well now that would be a Shadow Knight spell not a druids... so the clear solution here is to create a Shadow Knight class...
Zumuclyst
Ranger
Arawn
Serenity

ADMIN,
I appreciate your concern for Druid and like your creativity with regard to treating our class adjustments.

For clarification, would this charge-up be for totem as well? I read you indicated staff, but do not recall reference to totem. If this is for totem as well, do you see any differences in the charge-up properties of these two druid implements?
Thank you,
Gort
Gort
CH Wiki Editor
Fix Druid OTM! http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 48&t=42033
Most Druids are dual-device.
I won't buy Plat until Druid issues are addressed.
Add this to your signature to show support.

I would still like clarification on this. First if the charge spell is being implemented, second, if it is available for totem, as well as staff.

What do you perceive, Admin, as the differences post-patch between staff and totem?
Gort
CH Wiki Editor
Fix Druid OTM! http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 48&t=42033
Most Druids are dual-device.
I won't buy Plat until Druid issues are addressed.
Add this to your signature to show support.

As I have leveled up through the game I've began noticing a need for focus becoming less and less. With warden gear, focus offhand, and rejuv ammy, I have enough focus to cast all my spells and regain time to cast them again when I have too... With 5 focus.

Also, it would be nice to have more offensive spells. Leveling a Druid is so tedious, hitting 40s with my totem, 60s with vines, 150s with lightning(numbers on somewhat stronger but soloable mobs). Then seeing a warrior the same level come and kill the monster in a few hits. Our advantage is we can heal right? But when you're only in combat long enough to sustain three hits as a warrior where is the benefit of being a Druid? Seeing us gain a spell like cloak of fire, along with vines and lightning would be a great addition and make soloing a little bit better for Druids without making us overpowered.

So why not combine the two problems? Why not make focus NEEDED for Druids so we don't just dump points into VIT, DEX, or even STR. Instead, make focus also slightly increase elemental(non-physical) damage (effectively enough to notice a difference but not enough to make overpowered) and also increase the amount our heal spells, well, heal. This would give us a slight edge on being able to solo better, make group healing better, and make us actually need focus.
I think an added spa skill could really help out with this issue.
A spell like cloak for tge Druid would do wonders for the class. I've been thinking about this for a little while and here's what I got... (it's not much) call it thorns ( very natury lol) and make it somewhat weaker. This would compensate for the lack of dps that a Druid has and not make the mages feel too bad. Also maybe make thorns only cast able on oneself? Just a few thoughts.
XeoN lvl 80+ Mage
Diabolic lvl 85+ warior
Nephalem lvl 45+ ranger
Seraph lvl 72+ Druid
Server- Epona