Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dragon Skill crits

Crit skills in general don't seems to proc any more often. A clan mate of mine maxed his crits and tested the number of crits with and without his dragon and godly crit rings from corrupted gardens for 500 hits. His results added up to Don't bother with it. The stats on the dragon sure look sexy, too bad the results are minor at best. IMO, At the moment the Phoenix is the best pet for casters. I have both pets, the dragon and phoenix. The dragon is level 6 and is fully trained.

From what I’ve seen it makes a difference albeit a smaller one than some players would imagine it does due to the curves OTM used when designing the dragon, unfortunately they designed crits to behave the same way fire and ice magic do in terms of when it lands, in that it is relative to what you are casting it on. For example, if I have 1900 crit ability and I am attacking prot, I will see a lot less crits per attack than if I was attacking a level 190 mob. At the same time, extra points have a small effect, yet they still do carry an effect, however this affect will only really be seen on bosses close to your crit level. For example, if you are testing crits on a level 1 mob to see the difference 1000 crit bump makes, your data won’t be the same as if you tested it on a level 2200 mob (assuming your crit is 3200 due to 2200 base and 1k bump). This conclusion was backed by statements from Muldar and the OTM dev team.
It barely helps if any, refer to my test video if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCT7f2rF0FU
Thus, Fury’s tests prove this point, however due to this mechanic they do not work to provide a concrete answer on how effective crit points are at all levels, only on level 0 mobs, which is unfortunately not an accurate model considering most players buying a dragon are thinking EG meaning 220 bosses.

This was done I imagine to make crits a little more balanced for competition purposes in that a level 220 wouldn’t be landing crits every 2 seconds on mordy whereas the level 190 would land then at the regular pace for that level.
This is the same way that melee combat effects bashes etc, the upgrade to the ability helps, but it takes a lot of ability points for each noticeable escalation, however 1000 points is enough for at least one “escalation” from my observations.

So, yes the dragon adds a nice critical bump, but you will only really see it on the upper level bosses for your level range.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Thus, Fury’s tests prove this point, however due to this mechanic they do not work to provide a concrete answer on how effective crit points are at all levels, only on level 0 mobs, which is unfortunately not an accurate model considering most players buying a dragon are thinking EG meaning 220 bosses.
Level doesn't have to do with crit rate, there is no "critical resistance" or level reduction.

However a higher level has more attack/evades, and a crit can only occur on a hit, so it seems like that.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Level doesn't have to do with crit rate, there is no "critical resistance" or level reduction.

However a higher level has more attack/evades, and a crit can only occur on a hit, so it seems like that.
Level of mob in comparison to crit ability level has a direct impact on crit landing rates. This was all confirmed shortly after the dragon was released by taps-aff, Muldar, and no one from VR has posted anything with regards to patch notes about changing this feature. To summarize this when the game is determining whether or not a hit that landed will land as a crit or not, it evaluates your crit skill level and the mobs level. In your tests you take 2 crit levels on a level 0 mob and expect to see the dragon enhance crit landings by a large margin, however the % difference between the “crit level” of the mob at 0 and your crit level is so small that you wouldn’t notice too much of an effect. At a boss like proteus, gele, bt, lich, reaver, or any mob at 220 however (assuming 2200 crit no dragon, 3200 crit with dragon), you will notice that the difference in crit frequency and quantity between no dragon trials and dragon trials to be a lot higher, this is due to the % difference between the “crit level” of the mob at 2200 and your crit level at 3200.
That being said, the difference will still be small, but it will nonetheless be significant.
This is the same way that skill abilities currently work (also confirmed). You can look at melee combat for bash trials in the warrior sub-forum as an example, this is where most of the testing has occurred, however basic testing confirms this for other skills as well. Each mob has an optimum level required for abilities of its level*10, basically max ability at that level. Having a higher ability helps, but only by a little. Having a massive jump helps as well, but only if it is a massive % higher than the optimum required. 2200 to 3200 is a massive jump in % if the level on the mob is 2200, but 2200 to 3200 is a lot lower % wise on a mob where the crit level is set at 0, thus for testing purposes you would need to test it at a mob that corresponds to your unboosted crit level.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I found myself critting more using a dragon than without
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

I can’t find at the moment, I was shown, but crits work on a build up of cumulative damage, like a Powerup in Streetfighter game (you just cant see the power meter)... when you reach that point You get a crit... so it is effected by level, and by the crit ability. And on EG bosses divine damage is also part of that equation, which that video doesn’t figure into it. Using a crit ring or other crit increased does increase your crit rate, I’ll leave it for you to figure when it is viable to use and when not for now. ;)
I am old and Cranky, Don’t mess with me

Mr Drak
Draknocht 223 rogue
Drakolas 223 ranger
Halefire 222 mage
Bombshell Betty 223 warrior
Lelelia 173 druid
And many many more

It is a boost, despite not big. Its more noticable for skills than melees as I believe OTM said (and take that with a grain of salt) that skills have higher chance of critting since u use less skills than melees, but Im not 100% sure. Nonetheless its 480 stat boosts all which will help (including focus when u reach dg), not to mention the skill is one of the higher dmg skills of all pets. Phoenix is great and it also has great skill (despite longer cooldown, by a lot), but for a *melee* class (including druids) the dragon will triumph the phoenix. Not 100% sure as for casters, I'll leave that to the casters to say. I personally use dragon on warrior and phoenix on full lures mage which is where I find it having almost highest utility (boosting all my skills and another lure).
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex