Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Death of the Event Chests

I don’t think the mount tokens rate is lower. There’s just a smash and grab reason for people to collect them.

The normal need: new chars, upgrading current mounts
New need: spectral mounts

That has drained everyone. Chests aren’t even a reliable source of tokens; if you buy 100 chests, you’ll get around 5-8 tokens.

Time to insert some gold sinks?
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

I don’t think the mount tokens rate is lower. There’s just a smash and grab reason for people to collect them.

The normal need: new chars, upgrading current mounts
New need: spectral mounts

That has drained everyone. Chests aren’t even a reliable source of tokens; if you buy 100 chests, you’ll get around 5-8 tokens.
Tokens use to have a much greater drop rate 15-20 per 100 just on mount tokens alone pet tokens had the same rate. 5-8/100 would of been a hard task to outfit 6 toons to max t1 mounts and 2 to max t4, (448 tokens). About to have 3rd maxt4, Mounts been out 3yrs now? 2 events under old regime of OTM that’s 448 tokens in 2000... that’s like 1:5 chests. I did buy a few along with some from bounties, but I have also flipped some mounts when the new ones came out. It is possible the have been diminishing slowly with each new event due to adding of new items to the loot table as stated earlier

Time to insert some gold sinks?
Gold sinks already exist in game, Cooking, Fishing, AH with its tax on the sales... pet food, mount summoning, whistles should be the sink IMO, 1k each... or reduce the 1hr delay to 15mins maybe.

Personally VR needs to follow thru with the disclosure, maybe remove the Aeon for the tables would help. Chests are what will make or break them as they are for the most part why people spend plat for this game and in turn pays VR salaries
I am old and Cranky, Don’t mess with me

Mr Drak
Draknocht 223 rogue
Drakolas 223 ranger
Halefire 222 mage
Bombshell Betty 223 warrior
Lelelia 173 druid
And many many more

I agree with the person earlier, not many are buying platinum or chests at the moment, for various reason so there isn’t as much for sale.
Some people are buying but not selling the lix as they are waiting for bonus XP.
Some just can’t log at the moment while the game is updated more to make it older device friendly.
If you think of it this all would make the economy change for a bit.
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +

I agree with the person earlier, not many are buying platinum or chests at the moment, for various reason so there isn’t as much for sale.
Some people are buying but not selling the lix as they are waiting for bonus XP.
Some just can’t log at the moment while the game is updated more to make it older device friendly.
That isn’t what this post was about, it was about the drop rates of the chests, the overwhelming loot table they now have and causing the diminishment of drop rates of items. Example 3% of 100 item loot table vs. 3% of 1000 item loot table

Mr Drak
Draknocht 223 rogue
Drakolas 223 ranger
Halefire 222 mage
Lelelia 173 druid
And many many more

That isn’t what this post was about, it was about the drop rates of the chests, the overwhelming loot table they now have and causing the diminishment of drop rates of items. Example 3% of 100 item loot table vs. 3% of 1000 item loot table
I know what you are saying bit of course at the same time from the bigger pit if people are not buying then surely the stats have changed?

I do agree though on other games I have the drop rates have been clarified.
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +

I edited to the last 470 Chests, also by parsing it out like this I have came to noticing the pattern of the 3 slots... the chests work in the way that when you open it randomizes which slots you get, 1,2,3 or all, or can refer to them as tiers, each tier also has its own loot table.

1st tier consists of;
Energy Sigs
Health Sigs
Knows
10k gold
60 plat
Restos
Resurrections

2nd Tier consists of ;
Combos
Heroic Knows
Most all the lixes
330plat

Tier 3 consists of;
All big winner items, gold, Plat
All Fashion
Mount/pet tokens
Dragon/ Phoenix Eggs

I’ll update the tiers and try to put them in order of their drop rates, but as you can see the addition of the Aeon has created an issue on the 3rd tier as there is just way to many items for that Tier. the Aeon fashion and all the instruments andCharms all should be moved to the Fashion vendor where can be purchased with tokens if someone so wants it. And yes this would include the Lanrik... I know people would hate this but but it’s old fashion and it’s either all or none... or move all the new fashion to the vendors like was done awhile ago but never changed, it like just died and remains as it did several events ago.

Mr Drak
Draknocht 223 rogue
Drakolas 223 ranger
Halefire 222 mage
Lelelia 173 druid
And many many more

I edited to the last 470 Chests, also by parsing it out like this I have came to noticing the pattern of the 3 slots... the chests work in the way that when you open it randomizes which slots you get, 1,2,3 or all, or can refer to them as tiers, each tier also has its own loot table.

1st tier consists of;
Energy Sigs
Health Sigs
Knows
10k gold
60 plat
Restos
Resurrections

2nd Tier consists of ;
Combos
Heroic Knows
Most all the lixes
330plat

Tier 3 consists of;
All big winner items, gold, Plat
All Fashion
Mount/pet tokens
Dragon/ Phoenix Eggs

I’ll update the tiers and try to put them in order of their drop rates, but as you can see the addition of the Aeon has created an issue on the 3rd tier as there is just way to many items for that Tier. the Aeon fashion and all the instruments andCharms all should be moved to the Fashion vendor where can be purchased with tokens if someone so wants it. And yes this would include the Lanrik... I know people would hate this but but it’s old fashion and it’s either all or none... or move all the new fashion to the vendors like was done awhile ago but never changed, it like just died and remains as it did several events ago.

Gonna -1 to adding old fash to a vendor. IMO aeon shouldn’t constantly be available. Aeon was brought back to help new players attain older items. They have did so for several events now. It’s time it disappears again out of chests. Mayb at the end of each year they hold an Aeon event where the release a new aeon chest and allows for people to try thier luck again. But keep it off vendors and put it in its own chests. Fashion doesn’t raise in value if they are constantly around.
Server: Danu since 2011
Clan - Ascension
Sockthief -- Level 227 Ranger
Siegengine -- Level 182 Warrior
Stinkysock -- Level 180 Rogue

I think in the past this was brought up to otm and the response we got was that adding other drops to chests doesn’t necessarily decrease other drop rates. For example, if the drop rate for a dragon egg was .01%, then adding Phoenix eggs to chest won’t make the drop rate change for the dragon eggs, they’ll stay the same. The thing otm didn’t really understand tho is that regardless of the %, the quantity of items available in chests is obviously going to change.

It’s like for example comparing .01% of 100 items available vs .01% of 101 items. The difference might be small but still noticeable
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.