Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Resist own spell?

A number of issues can cause you to resist your own spell

Since Camouflage is a 3 min skill, it could potentially be because someone else casted a higher camouflage on you and now your lower Camo skill can’t overcast it

Another potential reason could be that you switched your jewelry that gave added Camouflage skill points , and removed it, and now you can’t overcast your own skill.

There may be other explanations onto why you are resisting your own skill, but none of them comes to mind

Happens with mages and wars too. I’d imagine it happens with all classes. It’s odd I agree. But thankfully rather rare. A mage without attunement or tank without def formation is a sad thing.
Warrior - Crom
220+ Tank
Striving to be adequate
Proud Clanswoman of Seed

Probably to do with changing gear accidentally or being casted on by someone stronger

If it’s a big issue just cast after it’s passed off the toon

I frequently accidentally resist my shield of bark due to not equipping my aggy brace

Thanks Froze and theFreeze - that explains it. It was due to changing equipment. Taking off a ring that gives me +4 to camo. Then when it started to expire, I tried to refresh it, and that's when I resisted. This situation also answers another question I wondered about. If I cast Camo on myself with the ring on and am "invisible" to mobs level 130 and below, and then remove the ring and lose 4 points in it so I could only hide from levels 110 and below if I re-casted, this is pretty good evidence that I would still be hidden from mobs up to level 130 until it wore off even without the ring. Which is what I assumed. And for a skill like Camo - as long as I am in a mood where it doesn't feel like too much work - is a decent strategy. Put on ring, cast, take off ring and replace with something better for battle. Rinse, repeat...

Re: Resist own spell?o

Thanks Froze and theFreeze - that explains it. It was due to changing equipment. Taking off a ring that gives me +4 to camo. Then when it started to expire, I tried to refresh it, and that's when I resisted. This situation also answers another question I wondered about. If I cast Camo on myself with the ring on and am "invisible" to mobs level 130 and below, and then remove the ring and lose 4 points in it so I could only hide from levels 110 and below if I re-casted, this is pretty good evidence that I would still be hidden from mobs up to level 130 until it wore off even without the ring. Which is what I assumed. And for a skill like Camo - as long as I am in a mood where it doesn't feel like too much work - is a decent strategy. Put on ring, cast, take off ring and replace with something better for battle. Rinse, repeat...
Yup, you got it, some people call that hot-swapping. Some people are good at it, and swap jewelry like crazy, others have a harder time remember to swap back lol.

Some things to keep in mind for that:
You can favorite jewelry and armor too, and add them to your hotbar for easier swapping. However, when swapping that way, it will automatically swap with the first slot in your inventory (for rings, its the top left, and for bracelets, its the left slot).

Which means if you have a +4 camo ring in your top left slot, and have a hotbarred +3 sharp shot, tapping the +3 sharp shot will equip it, and dequip the +4 camo ring.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!