Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

dual logging

Does otm have any plans to reduce the amount of dual+ loggers? just curious i'm not for or against it but was wondering what otm's stance on it is, more so those logging 4+ toons.
When i say reduce the amount of dual loggers i can only think of two ways to really do so, one is reduce the need for clans to dual log by having raids require about 25 toons max and secondly change game mechanics so rogue, warrior and ranger dont have majority of their damage coming from autos, rangers are a dual loggers best friend but if all classes dps was majority skill based as in autos dont do much damage relative to a classes skills it would make dual logging harder and people logging 3 or more toons would become nearly impossible.

Re: dual logging

...As far as I'm aware, it is not officially condemned by OTM as long as macros/auto-clickers/bots aren't used.
Also, speaking from moderate experience, multi-logging is difficult enough as it is; every active toon divides your attention even if it is just to direct autos or occasionally heal dps/tank toons.
#RIPSparkleCopter2019

Nosy blighter, aren't ya? lol
Lugh: Pegasus, Mindreader - W, Doge Dandolo - D
CH on discord, CH database, Bitey's Guide, Ranked: TOP 5 GOLD hax you need 2 know

First of all, have you ever tried logging multiple characters? It’s a pain, and really tiring.

There is no way to limit the number of characters someone can log. Even making bosses easier won’t help at all...people will still dual/tri log in order to kill it that much easier. I agree it can be seen as somewhat unfair to multi box...but at the same time, there’s nothing wrong with it. Keep in mind that every extra device requires that much more attention paid. Yes, sometimes it’s easier with characters like rangers, that don’t require constant attention, but it’s still hard to pay attention to everything.

If someone can log 4 or more characters at once, and use them well, then kudos to them.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
RIP 2019 (YT link)
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

To dual log would mean buying 2 phones, to triple log 3 etc. I really know only one or two people willing to do that. I agree with previous statements that it's already very difficult to play more than one toon at once, especially DPS toons with multiple skills or toons with tons of swaps.

Shade98 wrote:To dual log would mean buying 2 phones, to triple log 3 etc.

There are other ways too, I multi-log with MeMu android emulator, and I know for a fact that many others use similar ems (Nox, Bluestacks).
I can log 3 at once before my CPU starts tapping me on the shoulder (I've run 5 before, it wasn't pretty though :? )
But yes, neither convenient nor conventional.
#RIPSparkleCopter2019

Nosy blighter, aren't ya? lol
Lugh: Pegasus, Mindreader - W, Doge Dandolo - D
CH on discord, CH database, Bitey's Guide, Ranked: TOP 5 GOLD hax you need 2 know

Shade98 wrote:To dual log would mean buying 2 phones, to triple log 3 etc. I really know only one or two people willing to do that. I agree with previous statements that it's already very difficult to play more than one toon at once, especially DPS toons with multiple skills or toons with tons of swaps.

i tri log and when i do i use my phone plus my computer with droid4x android emulator for the other two but if i wanted i could log up to 4 devices on my current pc, just don't have the toons,

again i'm not for or against it, i'm not really bothered was just wondering if otm was against it and want to make features that make dual logging at raids more difficult, never said it was easy i struggle at gele due to the running to kills adds, far from easy its just if melee dps was less auto based i wouldn't even bother logging ranger, just further adding to the difficulty to the point where its almost impossible to have more then 2 toons logged at once. Not saying to do that again was just wondering if otm care or acknowledge multi boxers. Honestly my small clan probably wouldnt be able to kill most EG on spawn if it wasn't for dual loggers so its not all bad but it does give otm incentive to keep increasing the amount of toons needed to kill a raid boss.

Mind wrote:
Shade98 wrote:To dual log would mean buying 2 phones, to triple log 3 etc.

There are other ways too, I multi-log with MeMu android emulator, and I know for a fact that many others use similar ems (Nox, Bluestacks).
I can log 3 at once before my CPU starts tapping me on the shoulder (I've run 5 before, it wasn't pretty though :? )
But yes, neither convenient nor conventional.

I run bluestacks on my work laptop along with CH on phone, but android emulators are a pain- laggy, and it's really not phone 2h gameplay, lol.. It really is tough. I can't imagine how some people run two high-swap DPS classes at a raid and still manage to get kills. Heck, I struggle with a baby locker and a druid buffing him OOG. Tbh multi-logging isn't bad, and even if it was, OTM couldn't do anything about it.. those who do it deserve praise :)

It is fine in our books.

Only way we would take exception would obviously be if the secondary account was a bot or shared etc.

Plus3 has an army of toons all wielded by him.
Muldar /
Ranger - 172 - Balor - Android

Itachi1917 wrote:Does otm have any plans to reduce the amount of dual+ loggers? just curious i'm not for or against it but was wondering what otm's stance on it is, more so those logging 4+ toons.
When i say reduce the amount of dual loggers i can only think of two ways to really do so, one is reduce the need for clans to dual log by having raids require about 25 toons max and secondly change game mechanics so rogue, warrior and ranger dont have majority of their damage coming from autos, rangers are a dual loggers best friend but if all classes dps was majority skill based as in autos dont do much damage relative to a classes skills it would make dual logging harder and people logging 3 or more toons would become nearly impossible.

For what reasons do you think dual logging should be reduced? It's free for all to use the hours and money needed to build multiple chars and to use them for dual logging. Nothing unfair about this. Also - as have been mentioned - dual logging isn't very easy. Especially during a lock fight.
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona

Tuula wrote:
Itachi1917 wrote:Does otm have any plans to reduce the amount of dual+ loggers? just curious i'm not for or against it but was wondering what otm's stance on it is, more so those logging 4+ toons.

For what reasons do you think dual logging should be reduced? It's free for all to use the hours and money needed to build multiple chars and to use them for dual logging. Nothing unfair about this. Also - as have been mentioned - dual logging isn't very easy. Especially during a lock fight.

Not against it, im all for it, was more just curious of otm stance, i find dual logging useful, the only reason i gave a suggestion on how to reduce it is because personally i would like to see majority of melee damage coming from skills not autos, a completely different issue however i would think reduce those multi-boxing.