Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: It's time to drop the no sharing rule: an opinion piece

I believe that OTM should make bans timed like in WoW. This would limit the amount of tickets Support will receive daily.

Also, Make a shop where you can see:
-Items Dropped: expires after a week(would be able to get dropped items back)

-Items Sold to Shop: expires after a day.(you would be allowed to get it back for the same amount you sold it as)

Both of this things would limit the amount of tickets Support would get.
The only problem with that kind of system is people could just buy something, use it for majority of the day (like to lix or boss or pvp duel) then resell it for the same price back. Or what about the new lux shop. If people bought lux searching for say a reaper ring, being able to sell back an item you don't want kind of breaks that.
You can do up to 3 items rn by sending a Ticket.

It could be fixed by only allowing one item to be returned to the shop once per week and would expire after a hour or something. Also not allow it for the pirate fashion ship or legacy lux vendor. I'd give a +1 to this there are times I've wanted to return an item or occasionally try one to see how well it really worked.

Not sure about dropped items, but if it was limited to a few and had a week expiration that would be fine. Main problem is people would probably use it as additional storage.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Let's discuss some facts.
  • Fact #1: OTM forbids sharing toons with other players.

Fact #2: Fact #1 is very difficult to enforce.

Fact #3: A high percentage of end-game players routinely share their toons with other players.

Fact #4: End-game players are not going to report players guilty of Fact #3 because it would start an epic chain reaction of nuclear world war proportions, ultimately resulting in reducing every world to a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Those that survive the Great Purge would be forced to put up signs alerting other survivors to their whereabouts (think "Alive in Tucson").
Thoughts?
Can say for a fact that my clan doesn't allow for any sharing of accounts and this rule is pretty strictly enforced.
Idk about other worlds but don't make assumptions for the whole game.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Can say for a fact that my clan doesn't allow for any sharing of accounts and this rule is pretty strictly enforced.
It is correct that I've drawn my conclusions primarily from experience in Gwydion and conversations with players who have joined Gwydion from other worlds.

I suspect that your clan is a rarity.
Kril - Chief Editor, The Dal Riata Enquirer
lev 228 Rogue - Gwydion

Clan Relentless

Give a man a flame, you warm him for a day.
Set a man aflame, you warm him for the rest of his life.

It is correct that I've drawn my conclusions primarily from experience in Gwydion and conversations with players who have joined Gwydion from other worlds.

I suspect that your clan is a rarity.
I suspect this is one of those things people must deny in order to not be banned

@ Bob the Mage
Most endgame don't even follow OTMs rule about no sharing... why do you think they'd follow your clan's rule?

Why isn't account sharing a timed bad?

And if the rule was enforced to all players who share currently or have in the past, would the game still even be running? I don't think so.
It's pretty obvious when the acc owner is not on the acc anymore. Cases have occurred, no one currently in the clan does it. Also the burden of proof for OTM is higher. Account selling/sharing is a big no no.
I'd neve trust my account to anyone, that's for sure...
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Considering what's being proposed is only for OTM not to take action & unleash the ban hammer I'm for this I think it is high time they recognise what actually goes on in there own game, I mean Gelebron requires 30+ toons to down I'm sure they know how this is sometimes being achieved.

Unrelated I always wondered why they don't introduce some kind of "Item lock" for owners of items it would make lending risk free & scamming impossible, not like "NO TRADE" but make the items people locked so that would mean the player who lent it is always the owner and has some kind of recall for if & whenever they ever wanted their item maybe while the lock is active it's not sellable either idk just a random idea sure it could be improved or built on.
Sephiroth89 221 Warrior
Zaraki 225Rogue
Mince 221 Mage
SilentHit 225 Ranger

Member of a cult

We all have Light & Dark impulses what defines us is which we chose to act on.

Considering what's being proposed is only for OTM not to take action & unleash the ban hammer I'm for this I think it is high time they recognise what actually goes on in there own game, I mean Gelebron requires 30+ toons to down I'm sure they know how this is sometimes being achieved.

Unrelated I always wondered why they don't introduce some kind of "Item lock" for owners of items it would make lending risk free & scamming impossible, not like "NO TRADE" but make the items people locked so that would mean the player who lent it is always the owner and has some kind of recall for if & whenever they ever wanted their item maybe while the lock is active it's not sellable either idk just a random idea sure it could be improved or built on.
What if they had a "Loan a Item mailbox" to loan friends mounts and certain important non quest item drops? It would prevent scamming 100%
YourMedicine 220 Warrior Lir Inactive
Calculus 205 Rogue Lir
Agenda X 215 Rogue Donn
Virtuous 170 Warrior Donn Inactive

Rogue is much funner!

If different thinkers are enemies just think of what we could be
If our thoughts were in harmony