Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ideas on 220+ mobs

Travelling to Rome would be cool since the celts got invaded by Rome we could go there and interact with romans, fight romans maybe have gladiator instance battles 1v1 with increasing difficulty NPCs. And it goes from there.
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Only reason for lvl cap to be raised is to kill Gelebron n proteus easier when the next endgame expansion hits. Edl/doch upgrades, and 30+ lvls above these bosses will make it much like necro n mord as of now. Except we haven't fully moved on from necro n mord. Void moons n Godly bloods anyone?
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

I agree, I'm ready to do more lixing on main character. 220 has been the highest level lixing mob for to long.

In other worlds black stone fortress is a good idea or even expand to a different island, sail from lirs reach to some island for maybe 220+ characters. Just an idea.
THIS!!!!!!!

I agree, I'm ready to do more lixing on main character. 220 has been the highest level lixing mob for to long.

In other worlds black stone fortress is a good idea or even expand to a different island, sail from lirs reach to some island for maybe 220+ characters. Just an idea.
THIS!!!!!!!
Lixing to 300 isn't the best way to keep the game interesting.
More content such as bosses to kill or more epic quests for gear with harder 220 bosses is better than more mindless grinding.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

THIS!!!!!!!
Lixing to 300 isn't the best way to keep the game interesting.
More content such as bosses to kill or more epic quests for gear with harder 220 bosses is better than more mindless grinding.
+1. Lvl 220 is already way too much of a grind for a mmo to have. Otm should've stopped around at least 100, but the past is the past. Moving forward I can guarantee that otm will lose yet another chunk of their player base if level cap was to increase even by 1 level. Imo if it's in otms capability they should just scale everything down to lvl 80 minimum, but that's highly unlikely obviously.

More mindless grinding for camping is just going to piss players off, on top of making the game more p2w
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

I like the idea of new endgame bosses. Possible level 225? Bounties and xp quests have let people get past level 225. New boss that level would truly be new endgame.

And make the loot for the new bosses be direct and much improved upgrades to loot from Mordris and Hrungnir. If by game design the loot from lower level bosses is made obsolete by new endgame boss gear high tier clans would gladly move away from competing with lower tier clans for the lower level bosses much as we have moved on from Aggragoth. The level lock issue would a pill less bitter to swallow at that point.
A n e x a n d e r
Ranger of Avalon
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Bring back seasonal content--the cornerstone of CH. Beltane 2014/15 arguably the greatest events in CH history (Tierless Gear). We saw some decent events between the time frame too, the spider was fresh when it came out and people actually killed it. Slowly events instead of being a seasonal gear upgrade and a time to compete became a plat sink and were ultimately removed. By the end of an event if you were active you'd come out with some form of an upgrade. Not to mention kites and collecting Yule presents were something no one complained about. Besides what's the point of creating a new permanent endgame boss? So we can continue our campaign against the loot gods? With events you'd get the same amount of high tier items as u would camping raids since release till now. Mordris, Aggy, hrung and necro should be irrelevant for a 220 playing since their release.

Bring back seasonal content--the cornerstone of CH. Beltane 2014/15 arguably the greatest events in CH history (Tierless Gear). We saw some decent events between the time frame too, the spider was fresh when it came out and people actually killed it. Slowly events instead of being a seasonal gear upgrade and a time to compete became a plat sink and were ultimately removed. By the end of an event if you were active you'd come out with some form of an upgrade. Not to mention kites and collecting Yule presents were something no one complained about. Besides what's the point of creating a new permanent endgame boss? So we can continue our campaign against the loot gods? With events you'd get the same amount of high tier items as u would camping raids since release till now. Mordris, Aggy, hrung and necro should be irrelevant for a 220 playing since their release.
Nah. seasonal content is actually what broke the game. Other MMOs, when they put out updates, it's usually a new boss or a new dungeon. Content is permanent which extends the game and allows more players to enjoy different content.

I was hoping when OTM did away with the temporary content strategy, that we would get more permanent bosses that would allow clans to progresss from Hrung, Mordy, Necro. But in the last 3 updates all we got was bounty boards, fishing, then battle mounts. Next up is auction house. While they are good additions to the game, it doesn't address the fact that the end game has been stagnant for years.

They spent a lot of time recreating Lirs Reach and Stonevale or Heroes Landing on each of the past updates, which means they could've created at least one zone for each update instead, or maybe even one. If they were able to create 4x temporary event bosses in the past with thousands of loot items every year, they should have been able to create at least one or two permanent ones. But instead, they chose to allocate resources in redesigning existing zones and bringing back legacy bosses which really did nothing for the end game.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

The idea of "Permanent" content inherently implies that that content will never become obsolete. All content should become obsolete after a certain amount of time. And by obsolete I mean that everyone has what they need and there is an excess, and/or better substitutes or higher level gear.ex: Gelebron rings shud make necro rings obsolete. Of course some gear should never become obsolete and should remain in use for strategic purposes like Aggy lure rings. But it doesn't make sense to make a raid boss 30 levels below another raid boss possess better substitutes for the same jewlery slot and not for strategic purposes either. I can almost guarantee that if 3 new permanent raids are created there will be a bunch more people complaining about loot tables and how they haven't seen a void or godly in so long etc. It's just the OTM way
of things. More people complain about permanent raid bosses than they have complained about event bosses as a whole until they through out the monoliths and emeberdrake and osan.