Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Why the unequal drop rates?

We all think Godly has 5% drop rate, Shadow around 15% and Dark about 80%. But that is not what I'm commenting about so save it.

I'm talking about items such as Mordris helms, for example, there are 3 helms with focus bonus - Secrets, Mysteries and Vision.

In your clan, how many Vision helms do you have? In Ava we have 1 Vision compared to 12 Secrets and 8 Mysteries. I don't think I can attribute that to a bad roll, especially since I'm sure other servers have similar drop rates.

The question is why can't these 3 have equal 1/3 drop rate? Along the same lines, why do Bones, Carnage, Champions, Crusades drop more often than Sun, Moon, Sea?

Why can't they all have the same drop rates? If there are 16 Helm types - why not 1/16 chance for each?

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Why the unequal drop rates?

I believe it follows the same logic as the tiers. Godly drops least because it's the best.

Most common spears are the magic variety. Least common are the poison variety. Same with helms, moons ofc will be 2 per 3 years if lucky. Bones will be 10x as many as moons. Likewise for necro rings, most will be mage or druid rings. Least will be bow, dagger and spear rings. I'm going to assume this is the case with gelebron drops, weapons especially. Magic>>cold and fire. Although idk why poison spears and helms need to be this rare.. Poison resists are thrown at every other boss atm. Besides mord and hrung there is no current boss that drops poison gear(necro wound daggers are bologna).
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

A side note, for mord helms, on Epona any helm with Attack is valued most highly for melee DPS. That means Sun (heat dmg, health, energy) is quite cheap gold-wise. Sea (cold dmg, defense, energy) is also a low-value helm and the only time I've seen it worn is on a tank.

On a true free market world with no clan restrictions on what you can buy/sell, the price/supply/demand/usage of items generally indicates their worth (or perceived worth).

In order, most highly valued helms for melee DPS:
1. Moon
2. Earth
3. Victory
4. Duellists/Secrets
5. Crusades

Many secrets, few shadow ones (3 I think), 1 mysteris, 1 or none vision. 0 moon. 1 sun. 2 sea (dark and shadow) 1 earth (dark or shadow I dont recall). Void victory and many dark victory, many dark night, dark bones, dark duellists, dark carnage... 1 crusaders (void), 1 shadow carnage..... What else? Quite a bunch of champion, 0 bastion, knights also a few.

So the least common for us :

Moon and bastion both 0 (and possibly vision).
Mysteris, sun, earth, crusaders all 1 (possibly vision)

0 void vit spears, 0 bane spears of any tier, but 2 godly e harvest braces and 2 or 3 godly sweeping blow, bunch of imperial taunt braces.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

If anything, drop rates for each type of item should be skewed in favor of the most frequent class.

OTM should do server side analysis and adjust accordingly.
What about no class items? All helms have no class restrictions, many melee dps use secrets helm (foc attack hp) and any melee class can use dmg helm, less so than mages and druids using focus helms.

@Criminal

Yes the items don't have a class restriction, but obviously some helms are meant for a class more than another, and smart clans know that well enough to distribute their gear in a strategic way so as to maximise efficiency and damage.

So my proposal, for example, is to increase the drop rates for rogue-skewed items because we all know that rogue demand is the highest.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

@Criminal

Yes the items don't have a class restriction, but obviously some helms are meant for a class more than another, and smart clans know that well enough to distribute their gear in a strategic way so as to maximise efficiency and damage.

So my proposal, for example, is to increase the drop rates for rogue-skewed items because we all know that rogue demand is the highest.
Lets take the secrets helm. It has focus, hp and attack.

Rogues need the hp and attack, rangers need the energy and make a bigger use for the attack, warrior is somewhere in the middle (also needs energy attack tho), considering moon helm is the only dmg/energy/attack helm, who would u determine is most fitting for the helm? Rogues dont need the energy thus can use victory helm, but many would argue that secrets helm is much more rogue fitting due their large usage of skills (energy), while some would say because they mostly use skills attack plays a bigger role for rangers. And victory helm is str hp attack, while rogue needs the hp more, warrior, ranger and rogue use the str, while ranger has no gain from str other than melee dmg, rogue has gain for dmg skills and melee dmg and warrior gains for skills including a buff that increases melee dmg and attack, as well as str increases melee dmg. How would u decide?

I think those are very hard decisions, unless u divide it to melee and caster group, but even then some ppl choose a helm that seems less fitting for their class.