Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

If after getting ur dl u should progress, why do most ppl who are 180-200 and stay there to outlock on snorri keep being that lvl after having full dl + wep + offhand ? If not in order to abuse the system, then their need is just the same as the end-game's clan, gear their clan members, except they get the advantage.

Looking at this, it might be supposed to make the bossing fair, but when being abused like that it takes all the fairness out of it.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

ok, first off let me say this, in the time it took me to read this, 2 pages were added.. lmao.
Target lock was added to the game because of thousands of low levels complaining about how they would start boss, then a high level group would swarm in later and take it due to their superior dps. Before this was implemented, aggy was the highest level boss. Most high levels had their full frozen and there was no need for warden, meteoric, or any lower tier frozen bosses. Basically all the target lock did was create a chance for low levels to get drops they needed. When carrowmore was released, it worked out pretty well. High levels had very little need for frozen, and once they started doing mordy/hrungnir even aggy wasn't as important so low levels still retained an advantage locking bosses for drops they needed. Fast forward some, and now people are 220+ in need of items dropped from 180-190 bosses.

While target lock isn't a great system anymore, it isn't the root of this issue. Compare snorri to pyrus, for instance. Pyrus is guaranteed one lion from main 6*, 2 from higher 6*, a fairly low chance from a 5*, and even lower (but still not negligible) chance to drop from a 4*. Snorri is guaranteed 0 from a 4*, 0 from a 5*, and there is no 6* "harder" version that gives more drops. Even worse, frozen weapon only required 2 lions whereas dl main and offhand needs 8.

Modifying target lock won't make everyone happy. Fixing spawn rate of 6* snorri will. We haven't seen a 6* in about 4 days now and this behavior is typical. At that rate, it would take 32 days to gain enough crowns to fully gear someone, and that is only if the colors are all the same. There is a reason why very few people ever camp pyrus. The drop rate is high enough that most people who meet level requirement have their weapon (and if not, you can camp a couple days or even buy them for pretty cheap). What percentage of 180+ have both mainhand and offhand? like 25%? After nonstop camping a single spawn for 2 years? OTM, we could care less about spawn window or target lock if the drop rate was higher. And by higher, I mean about 4 times higher. Because that is what it should be. With the current system of target lock, I would have to make a 180-190 level rogue to help my clan get more crowns. But in order to have good enough dps to lock, I would need crowns for my main and offhand. Crowns that dozens of people in clan still need, who would be ahead of me in line for. Vicious cycle isn't it?

Moving on to hrungnir and mordy; same thing. Why are the best drops in the game coming from bosses 40 levels lower than those who kill them? When carrow update came the high levels stopped camping aggy. Why go for a 50 dmg ring from aggy when I can get a 100 damage from hrung? Why get a 10 skill dmg ring from aggy when I can get a 2x10 skills damage ring from mordy? Why get a crap trident when I could get a great halberd? People had no use for aggy anymore and moved on to the bigger and better bosses that were closer to their level. But still, drop rate for the nice items was too low and clan banks are being flooded with mighty bolas rings, mighty armor rings, and dark focus halberds. So hrung and mordy are still being downed, usually within an hour of spawn, because so many kills are needed to gain drops that people want. And now, level cap is increased without a new boss being released so people are punished for leveling by letting lower level clans gain these drops.

Tl;dr version:
1. New boss(es) should be added that are closer to the level of the current endgame players (210/220) at any given time
2. Mordy and hrung loot is too diluted to ever, in a hundred years, give every high level the gear they desire.
3. The rate of crowns per day from snorri is abysmally low leading to 200+ (plat buyer! ;) )main toons in every clan waiting for their wep and offhand.

OTM, if you're not going to fix target lock at least look at those three points. Hundreds of people have been begging for those changes for years, when will our voices be heard? How come polls can't be created and if a lopsided enough vote occurs, something be done about it?
I agree with everything you said.
Just thought I'd point out again a lvl200 suffers no lock penality compared to a lvl180 on a lvl180 boss like necro mord hrung and snorri.

People who stay at lvl180 die easier, have 20 less ability points and 100 less stat points. There is much better gear you can equip at 200 over 189. The optimal level to lock is actually 20 level above the boss in question.

From 200-205 you go from approx 15% to 17.5% needed to lock a 180 which is actually a fairly large difference. By 220 it's 25%. It's close to 0.5% per level penality past 20, a formula that holds well for small level differences.

It's just amusing to see 90% of the complaints about how target lock works actually have no idea how it actually works.

I agree it needs help but if people want to have their opinions heard it helps to tune them to coincide with reality first.
ok, can we get someone to delete everything here except these 2 posts plz? lol
Server: Fingal
Warrior: 184 DooMeD
Rogue: 92 Timeless Druid: 85 DeMooD Mage: 78 Relevance Ranger: 54 Barrage
Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 OS Android Lollipop 5.0.2 (Stock)

Greed? Do u just kill hrung once and leave? I dont have any godly drops either, nor void. Its not matter of greed, that is the best gear available right now, and that barely ever drops, but we know OTM has stated how much they like the rareness of 'Godly' and 'Void' items, so we know what can we ask to actually help us.
If by greed u mean wanting drops, then I believe those who stay lower lvl and dont progress in game just so they'll have more drops are greedy.
The greed argument is completely invlalid.

Take a look at this game you can either:

A) grind without end

B) camp bosses without end

When you get to 220-225 A basically makes no sense anymore. You can log a bit to chat or quit or do B

And even the low tier hrung and mord items are the best in the game. The lowest tier mord braces are on par with the never before dropped current godly event ones. Etc. Exactly as others have said because it's either A or B or quit the only answer is a complete redo of the current loot tables or new bosses or it simply will only stop when OTM has to shut down its servers because of too much quitting.

A - needed in order to progress to the next evolution (aka update / expansion)
B - progression bosses see "A", EOG bosses, kill for fun and hopes of maybe a chance at your so called godly drop.

MMOs were and are never intended for everyone one to get godly or an imperial, they are the best in their own retrospect but are in no way required to kill and progress thru the game. Royals are adequate and would be considered the common drop. In every MMO there are and always will be the few that have to have the best gear for every slot, they are the ones that spend the most and are in it for their own ego. This being said he happy play and enjoy what you get and make a noob toon to remind yourself why you play.

Drak
If everyone had a Zeus lightning bolt where would that leave Zeus?
I am old and Cranky, Don’t mess with me

Mr Drak
Draknocht 223 rogue
Drakolas 223 ranger
Halefire 222 mage
Bombshell Betty 223 warrior
Lelelia 173 druid
And many many more

Greed? Do u just kill hrung once and leave? I dont have any godly drops either, nor void. Its not matter of greed, that is the best gear available right now, and that barely ever drops, but we know OTM has stated how much they like the rareness of 'Godly' and 'Void' items, so we know what can we ask to actually help us.
If by greed u mean wanting drops, then I believe those who stay lower lvl and dont progress in game just so they'll have more drops are greedy.

A) grind without end

When you get to 220-225 A basically makes no sense anymore. You can log a bit to chat or quit or do B

And even the low tier hrung and mord items are the best in the game. The lowest tier mord braces are on par with the never before dropped current godly event ones. Etc. Exactly as others have said because it's either A or B or quit the only answer is a complete redo of the current loot tables or new bosses or it simply will only stop when OTM has to shut down its servers because of too much quitting.

B - progression bosses see "A", EOG bosses, kill for fun and hopes of maybe a chance at your so called godly drop.

MMOs were and are never intended for everyone one to get godly or an imperial, they are the best in their own retrospect but are in no way required to kill and progress thru the game. Royals are adequate and would be considered the common drop. In every MMO there are and always will be the few that have to have the best gear for every slot, they are the ones that spend the most and are in it for their own ego. This being said he happy play and enjoy what you get and make a noob toon to remind yourself why you play.

Drak
Sadly the problem isn't everyone in a dominant clan wanting a godly that is the holdup (at least on my world). The problem is that most clans dont even have "lightning bolts" for all of their clan members yet. All the bosses have tons of junk no one really wants making the low tier stuff uncommon and it can take a larger clan multiple years to equip everyone leaving unhappy people in every world no matter who locks.

More people may be familiar with this in the otherworld ring loot tables for mobs/mini/armor bosses. Reasonably good rings are rare because even clanless noobs throw away royal rings of novelty and totems because they are a waste of space when they came out and when you go to sell them to an npc (after you get over the shock) you never even want to bother selling one again.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

A) grind without end

Drak
Thats so wrong. In every game one of the main goals is to achieve the best gear, wouldnt it be a lie if it would be limited to only 3 ppl to hold 'zeus' lightening bolt' ? If I knew that Im not supposed to get godly, then I would just do nothing in game and obviously, there will be forever ppl taking the low lvl boss again and again and again until these godly items will drop.
Also, in most game, u can get all gear including the best.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Agreed @crim. The want for the best gear gives people the motivation to continue. If people were given godly on their first try, then everyone would give up after their first try. The want for the best gear is what keeps players continue fighting bosses over and over. That's the reason we kill bosses like hrung over and over, in an attempt to get some of the best gear from it.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Agreed @crim. The want for the best gear gives people the motivation to continue. If people were given godly on their first try, then everyone would give up after their first try. The want for the best gear is what keeps players continue fighting bosses over and over. That's the reason we kill bosses like hrung over and over, in an attempt to get some of the best gear from it.
I envy your clans who are so overstocked on imperial and shadow items that only godly remains on every last player. I have 2 shadow items and one imperial ring after 2 years in an end game clan, more than most on my world which is hardly overflowing with these items.

I'm fairly confident on many worlds there simply isn't enough of the low tier desirable items (firestorm skull, str halbred, shadowstrike helm etc) to even fully outfit 1/3 of the players. It's not like really desirable items are sitting selfishly in these banks by the truckload, it's more like the useless hrung armor rings, hrung spring to life skulls, mord bandage wounds braces, etc that few people want and fewer still would wear and that would help none in getting lock on more loot.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Personally I kill Hrung still for the rush and excitement of the lock battle and victory. The spoils are just a bonus, and if it's an imperial or godly even better as some one will have gain an item better than what they had, maybe me maybe a clannie, either way all is good. I have better things to do than worry about trying to get a godly drop, guess it makes it all the more sweeter if and when I ever get. Godly drops are nothing more than a trophy, and Hrung is nothing more than a trophy kill.
Those that hunt will know what I am talking about.

Drak
I am old and Cranky, Don’t mess with me

Mr Drak
Draknocht 223 rogue
Drakolas 223 ranger
Halefire 222 mage
Bombshell Betty 223 warrior
Lelelia 173 druid
And many many more