Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Tell me your opinion please

Have you checked the Mage sub-forum? There's also a lot more activity in Discord regarding CH than here anymore. It's kind of migrated platforms for active discussions. Still a lot of good info here though.

Max level... that'll take years so don't worry about that yet.

Most mages will opt to level with Fire abilities since they're faster cooldowns, a little less damage than ice, but fasters cooldowns. Whichever route you go it'll be one of the following: Firebolt/Storm/Attune/Incinerate with optional Eshield/Eboost or Shards for added damage. Ice would be the opposite: Shards/Blast/Attune/Frostbite with Bolt/Boost/Shield being optional.

As you get up in levels, more gear opens up to you that has higher +skill points where you can increase the number of level 50 (max skill level) skills you'll be able to use. That will require hot swapping jewels/armor which requires more Hotbar slots which can be purchased through platinum.

Luxury items and super/heroic elixers will make your gameplay a lot more enjoyable with less downtime as well.

Re: Tell me your opinion please

All your damage skills can still be used without utilizing their respective lures (that lower the target's resistance to certain damage types). To better use your skill points, you would do best to pick one primary element (either ice or fire) and use that lure, and rely on those skills to do the most damage.

My personal opinion is that Fire is better than Ice for early game, because the energy cost is less, and you deal damage faster. However, if you have trouble getting Firestorm, you may want to go for a hybrid (use ice shards and fire bolt, picking either lure of ice or lure of fire to put points in), or choose to primarily be ice (use ice shards, ice blast, lure of ice, and maybe use fire bolt as well for a little more damage).

I would not choose frostbite or incineration (the fire damage over time spell) over fire bolt. The damage just isn't worthwhile in my opinion.

Energy Shield and Energy Boost are both great skills that help newer players who don't have gear that regenerates health/energy. I still use energy boost even at level 220.

If I were to start a brand new mage, with no money at all, I'd likely choose to use Fire Bolt, Lure of Fire, and Energy Boost nearly maxed out. I'd put spare points in Energy Shield.

For my second damage spell, Ideally I'd pick Firestorm (then use Fire Attunement as well with a few points). However, I know that firestorm is insanely expensive on some servers, so if that were not possible, I would probably use Ice Shards with Fire Bolt.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!