Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Best way to make gold ???

My question is this "what is best method of making gold" ?
Problem #1 FISHING - when do you start to see a return on the gold you have spent to raise your level ? My skill lv.60 i have spent roughly 100k and have yet to see [anything] resemble a profit ? If I spend 10k on supplies I expect to at least make my gold back and/or alittle profit.
I see alot of people talking about (starting to make gold) at levels 150-180. Where is the incentive at low levels to make a profit and continue to raise the fishing level ?
Problem #2 BAKING - Honestly why even bake, since the introduction of lixers baking is now a non-relevant skill to make gold. The cost to ratio doesn't add up and people are not buying baking goods for regen or +'s to states anymore (because) of lixers and farming/selling raw ingredients is also dead. So again my question where is the incentive to raise your level to make gold. At the moment my baking skill is lv.70.
Problem #3 GOLD FARMING - At lv. 145 where should I be farming at ?
Gold bosses (low and high level) are camped at very serious intervals from dominant clans on a 24/7 schedule. Going to areas like shelmont/Stonevale/Carrow don't have a high enough return for the amount of time spent.
TBH I'm looking for a place to farm gold or items to sell to npc or auction where I can get 20-30k an hour.
Problem #4 BUYING PLAT - (HELL NO) I have been gaming since 1999 and have never bought ingame currency but now TBH I have done the free plat but that was only enough to get skill slots. To me skill slots should be (FREE) .
Games I have played Ultima,Everquest,WoW,Eve-Online,Runes of Magic,and D&D of Eberron.
Don't get me wrong here I'm not putting Celtic Heroes down I enjoy the game alot but have found it very hard to make gold at levels up to now (145).

I have done alot of reading/research from what i have read alot of the gold making was nerfed.
So , since I have been playing (roughly 6mo.) I have been looking for that niche in make ingame gold.
So what is the best way to make gold ?

Asram 145 Rog. (Lirs)
Nevik TuMarr 115 Rog. (Arawn)

Re: Best way to make gold ???

You don't need to spend gold to level up fishing and you only need to reach the level 70 fishing spots in shalemont to start making money. That river has the highest spawn rate of shimmering waters. That is your target. The prized pike sells for 1200 and you can catch up to 30/hour.

Been playing this game since 2011 so here is my thoughts and hopefully this helps.

First and foremost if ur not in epona your not gonna be able to make a lot of gold. Because in epona you have the ability to get any boss drop and sell it. The dominant servers however, you need to turn it in and work for dkp points and when you get the item your not allowed to sell. Some items go for 50m in epona.

Now epona isn’t the greatest either btw but that’s a subject for another time.

Fishing:
YOU WILL NOT see profit in fishing until 175-200.
When ur fishing in Carrie, The golden puddles don’t even give u those prized fish that cost a lot of gold. You can fish regular puddles and get fish that sell for 4K in shop. I’ve gotten 10 in an hour and I’ve gotten 3 in an hour. But the problem is how fast ur concentration runs out which I normally log off for 20min and come back and fish so that concentration is back up. Or fish some broths from sewers and use them in carrow.

Farming mobs:
Not worth farming mobs are your lvl unless your farming hawk hurts. When your 200+ you can farm bosses in stone and sell drops but if u wanted to farm something at ur lvl farm hawkhurst chests. You can sell them to players for 3-4K or sell them in shop for 2k. And they aren’t hard to get

Bossing:
At least for epona
Farm copp or ow bosses. Ow bosses drop frost orbs pretty commonly and they sell for 5k ea. a full day of ow bosses should give u around 30-50 orbs and you can do the math. This really is more ideal if ur able to solo these bosses which would require you being 190+. Also if I farm falgren that’s also a good way to make gold. DL drops and EDL drops is also a really good way to make gold. I can easily make 1m a week by doing this alone.

Merching:

Unfortunately with the current game state merching is difficult. You can’t resell anything since these chests have ruined the exclusivity of most fash items and mounts so they have lost the value. Also the lack of content has made it even more difficult. The only real way which would only work in epona is selling gear. Most of the things you commonly see in AH is not worth buying. But if you see something that’s rarely there for a good price buy it and sell it for more.

Cooking:

Make Baras! That’s really the only cooking item that is worth making. They sell for about 2k but you have to be high lvl for that.

Overall at your lvl ofc ur not gonna see much profit.
Save ur gold don’t buy fash or dumb stuff just focus on getting xps and focus on either lvling cooking fishing or ur toon. Do one thing first, master it, and make gold so u can advance in the next thing like lvling ur toon or whatever.

Seriously don’t buy fash right now. Not worth it haha unless ur rich and a mf.

Goodluck!

Depending on what server you are in is the biggest hurdle for your gold making.

On crom it's a little alive, mostly mid/end game players there with a few low levels but those are usually alts. So you should be able to farm low level bosses like warden, up to frozen, and people will buy crests and orbs off you, fragments, rems, ect. They just want to feed their alts for minimal effort. Drops are cheap but the bosses are easy and spawn frequently. You'll have a much harder time selling anything DL and up because that's where the players are at and drops are in hot contention to finish sets.

What I used to do (trying to get back in the game again after some months away) is farm the gold bosses in carrow, and scout certain areas that can spawn gold mobs. Most people overlook that as they either don't care for them or are established enough they don't need it. Another option would be hawkhursts, and even farming stuff for the shadow series armour, bone armour frags, and alchemical/occult. People are going to want their sets completed and will pay for it.

Edit** once you have some money, you can routinely check the lux vendor in the sewers to see it anything op is in there, depending on the item it could be a flip. Like the wyldshrine ammies as an example, will sell for an easy 500k extra than store price at the low end, to up to triple the price or more on the high end for the dps lockers.
CROM/Active
Burgoise - 202+ smol DPS Warrior
Siliske - 170+ Hybrid Druid

Epona/Inactive
YungShottie - 170 Ranger - Retired

Best farming methods, get 200k in 30 minutes.
https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ