Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Premium pet token vendor

Hello,

To the developers:

I was wondering if you guys could make a way for us to trade our premium pet tokens (Dragon eggs, Phoenix eggs, and Corrupted seedlings) to exchange for a different one that we need. Many of us (myself included) have spent hundreds of dollars if not thousands on platinum and have opened thousands of chests in hopes of getting a dragon egg and instead getting a Phoenix egg or corrupted seed.

Please consider creating a way (perhaps a vendor) that you can exchange whichever premium pet token you have, for one you need.

Thank you,
Zealot
Rogue Level 222
Clan: Novalis

Blessed to be a part of a great clan with great people.

Re: Premium pet token vendor

I've wasted also alot of money on platinum and chests.
I legit hate the fact that i got NOTHING good out of the chests. No wonder my country (Belgium) has banned mystery chests. Let us buy with platinum eggs, fashion, mounts etc. Not chests which u need pure luck. Waste of money and scam.

I used to spend lots of money buying event chests in the hope of getting very rare fashion items and mounts. On average I spent US$500 for each double plats event. It was only 3 years ago when I completely stopped buying chests with real money. The last straw was I opened 1000 chests with the hope of getting a 95% or 100% mount. After opening 1000 chests, I not only did not get a 95% or 100% mount, I did not even get a single mount. I realised then that chests are almost like a scam and vowed not to spend a single cent more on them. If you do not crave for rare fashion or mount, you can still enjoy this game without paying a single cent. Of course, if everyone does this, the game will not be sustained and will have to shut down. But there will always be those who are willing and able to spend money on the game. It is their choice and if they feel it is worth the money spent even if it is only for the excitement of gambling the loots, then that’s fine. And I am thankful to everyone who continues to spend money on this game which help to sustain the game and its update. But for me, I am done with spending any more money on it.

The chests in this game is gambling, usually illegal in countries until your about 20 years old. Just like gambling is a bad idea so is buying chests unless your willing to throw your money away without getting much in return.

Except this time you always win something so technically no.
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage

The chests in this game is gambling, usually illegal in countries until your about 20 years old. Just like gambling is a bad idea so is buying chests unless your willing to throw your money away without getting much in return.

yeah, we win orange fashion tokens and Travelling Elixers.

Still won it tho
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage

I've spent a cumulative thousand or more between my wife and I on chests. Out of everything opened, she got the only rare pet between the two of us being a Phoenix. Once. This was about a few weeks after the release. Since then, we haven't been able to get another rare pet, we have never seen a rare weapon mount, no clue what half the prizes even are since I seem to get unlucky and fluctuate between 20 health sigil, 10-100k gold reward, or lixes that I end up giving to clannies at a discount since I do not need. I had to go look at the website to realize how much cool stuff I could have gotten but didn't. The worst part about chests is I recently spent 10 bucks a few days ago just to get a decent start going on a new server and the guy I sold my 3 chests to got a corrupted seed. Huge slap in the face but hey, I tell myself each chest is RNG based and I wouldn't have gotten the same result he did because it was either that way of thinking or rage quit because I can't believe I gave away the only reason I ever buy chests to begin with! To realize I was only 10 bucks away after over a grand spent. Does that mean I would need to spend another grand to get a second? I don't support the chests at all but I'm a sucker I guess since I keep indulging.

Still won it tho
useless garbage, they just need to sell with platinum or real money, fashion packs, mounts etc. Just like most games. So none needs to gamble. Its forbidden in my culture anyway.

When you gamble and lose it doesn't mean you don't win anything, it means you get back less than what spent. While a lot of gambling games are all or nothing each round, over the course of time you play you will win and lose some and overall you will have either won or lost depending on if you break even. Like in poker or slots you cant win less than you put in on that round unless you get nothing, but there are some games (if you've ever heard of Rummoli) where you can win less (but still something unlike a round of poker) than you put in during that round.

The best argument for chests not being gambling is the fact that there is no chance of you actually getting anything of real value from the chests. Your leasing virtual items or essentially an inconsequential amount of storage space to keep some data on VR's servers. No matter what you win you are always getting the same thing which is worthless and VR is only loaning you the items, it doesn't belong to you.

I would argue it is gambling for this reason. When using chests there is no guarantee that you will ever get a specific item. Take any single item in the chest drop table and it is possible that it never ever drops from a chest. In this way, it is always a gamble which item you will get.

Another aspect that makes chests more similar to regular gambling is that it's possible to trade any item gained from chests. This means that there is a way to acquire items from chests without the randomness factor. Just like irl where you can always get something without having to gamble for it. The thing gambling does is randomly changes the time or money it might take to acquire it. Buying chests just randomly changes the time and money it takes to get say a dragon egg but given a certain amount of time and/or gold you can obtain it from other players. This doesn't change whether or not it's gambling it just makes it more similar to gambling IRL.

Either way, whether you always win something or not is irrelevant when arguing when something becomes gambling. Its the randomness factor and the possibility of getting less than what your money was worth.