Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Server masterpost?

For new people entering the game, aside from character design, choosing a server is probably the most significant choice they’ll make. However, aside from asking players in game or checking the typically inactive sub world forums, there isn’t much ways to know which server fits you best (especially since there’s no character transfer too so you’re basically stuck unless you xfer/switch worlds )

Should there be a pinned masterpost listing all the servers and short user-created statements describing each world? Or would this cause too many users to go to one world rather than letting it be random?

Example of a masterpost:

Arawn
Top Clans: (DKP/Roll Based/Level Requirement)
Population: (Low/Average/High)
Prices: (Low/Average/High)
Short description:

Balor

Short description:

Belenus
Short description:

Crom
Short description:

Danu
Short description:

Donn
Short description:

Epona
Short description:

Fingal
Short description:

Gwydion
Short description:

Herne
Short description:

Lir
Short description:

Lugh
Short description:

Mabon
Short description:

Morrigan
Short description:

Nuada
Short description:

Rhiannon
Short description:

Rosemerta
Short description:

Sulis
Short description:

Taranis
Short description:

Feel free to discuss whether other stuff should be added for each world also. (Ex. What classes each world needs most, which class each world has too much of, etc)

Re: Server masterpost?

Just don't let Mina do the short descriptions or she'll say trash server all but Belenus
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage

I like the basic idea, but the biggest issue (that I can see) is keeping it updated. Things change constantly across the servers, and trying to keep a single list updated (and unbiased) would be extremely difficult imo. I could easily see this turning into arguments between players about the depiction of the server if they disagree about something, or else misleading new players into thinking the server is different than it actually is, because the top clan changed things a couple weeks earlier but didn't update the thread.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I like the basic idea, but the biggest issue (that I can see) is keeping it updated. Things change constantly across the servers, and trying to keep a single list updated (and unbiased) would be extremely difficult imo. I could easily see this turning into arguments between players about the depiction of the server if they disagree about something, or else misleading new players into thinking the server is different than it actually is, because the top clan changed things a couple weeks earlier but didn't update the thread.

True, this kind of post has been done before and honestly it went up in flames due to server aggression.
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage

That’s true, keeping it updated would be really annoying since multiple people can’t edit one post.

Another option is doing a google survey form where any players can enter it themselves, and then link the responses to a spreadsheet here.

That’s true, keeping it updated would be really annoying since multiple people can’t edit one post.

Another option is doing a google survey form where any players can enter it themselves, and then link the responses to a spreadsheet here.
Possibly, but that could fairly easily turn south as well. It could be hard to tell the difference between the state of the server (e.g. last month versus this month), especially if different people post updates for the same server. It also would make it easy for troublemakers to post misleading or incorrect information (whether about the server as a whole, or another clan).

Like I said, it is a decent idea in theory, but it would require dedicated people to keep up with the ins and outs of every server and keep it up-to-date for it to be of any use. The same goes for any other type of cross-server idea, like the cross server market system that came up earlier this year...it would only work if a bunch of honest people from every server all got on board with it and were dedicated to keeping out corruption and keeping it as a useful resource for the whole community.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

For new people entering the game, aside from character design, choosing a server is probably the most significant choice they’ll make. However, aside from asking players in game or checking the typically inactive sub world forums, there isn’t much ways to know which server fits you best (especially since there’s no character transfer too so you’re basically stuck unless you xfer/switch worlds )

Should there be a pinned masterpost listing all the servers and short user-created statements describing each world? Or would this cause too many users to go to one world rather than letting it be random?

Example of a masterpost:

Arawn
Short description:

Balor

Short description:

Belenus
Short description:

Crom
Short description:

Danu
Short description:

Donn
Short description:

Epona
Short description:

Fingal
Short description:

Gwydion
Short description:

Herne
Short description:

Lir
Short description:

Lugh
Short description:

Mabon
Short description:

Morrigan
Short description:

Nuada
Short description:

Rhiannon
Short description:

Rosemerta
Short description:

Sulis
Short description:

Taranis
Short description:

Feel free to discuss whether other stuff should be added for each world also. (Ex. What classes each world needs most, which class each world has too much of, etc)
Belenus
Top Clans: Elementals (Top clan)- they have a unique system called attendance. Basically the same as dkp but leaders vote on whoever wins the item when they bid.

Ronin(2nd clan)- dkp based
Population: id say in the middle of Low-average
Prices: Low

Ill always be bias twords this server since its my home server, but the best way i can describe it is its a very tight nit server. Everyone knows everyone that plays there and besides some small banter everyone gets along.
Mabon
Top Clans: Novalis (1st clan) Dkp based
Wolfgang (2nd clan) dkp based
Population: High
Prices: Average

My personal favorite server, id say novalis is easily the best run clan ive ever been in. We get very high numbers at every boss and kill everything very fast. P: its not uncommon for us to kill bloodthorn and gele in 5 mins on a reset

Possibly, but that could fairly easily turn south as well. It could be hard to tell the difference between the state of the server (e.g. last month versus this month), especially if different people post updates for the same server. It also would make it easy for troublemakers to post misleading or incorrect information (whether about the server as a whole, or another clan).

Like I said, it is a decent idea in theory, but it would require dedicated people to keep up with the ins and outs of every server and keep it up-to-date for it to be of any use. The same goes for any other type of cross-server idea, like the cross server market system that came up earlier this year...it would only work if a bunch of honest people from every server all got on board with it and were dedicated to keeping out corruption and keeping it as a useful resource for the whole community.
Mis-information about a server or clan can be diluted by enough real informational input by other people so keeping it updated by the playerbase themselves and averaging out the responses is probably the best way to keep it updated?

(maybe on the google survey form ask for information in numerical form and use the responses on the spreadsheet to give an average number on price, population, classes needed etc? but it still wouldn’t prevent trolls if there’s enough of them)

Although it still wouldn’t be that updated since the responses from last month easily changes month-to-month and it’ll be hard to change if enough users already responded.

Although basically my point atm is whether an idea like this should be created and pinned in forums to give new users
information about a server before they pick one, updated or not.

Or would this cause too much influence on what server a user picks and will lead to severely overpopulated and underpopulated servers rather than letting it be random? (Since people would likely join high population and low price servers over low population and high price servers)