Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New server and new class?

It's great that new servers appear in your favorite games, but did you know that you can create them yourself? You might think that I am a fool and don’t know how difficult it is to create a server, but in fact it is very easy. In the game minecraft there are many ways to create a server and each of them is difficult in its own way, but even if you do not know how to do it, I can tell you about the service that saved me. My friend and I had to play and build buildings together to participate in the competition, but we didn’t know how to make a server, and the site for creating GGservers helped us, it created a free server for us where we could play as much as we want and whenever we want.
Last edited by JasonMay on Tue May 04, 2021 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think I would much rather subclasses than a whole new class. I think it would be relatively easy to create a summoner subclass for mage or Druid they'd have to add the summoning skill I guess but there's already some skills that could just be modified to work better with summoned creatures. like cloak of fire and I have this crazy idea where when I cast sacrifice it also provides a damage buff. Druids could make tank creatures but u could probably add some damage elements to there existing skills. I think it would be really interesting to make subclasses that utilize currently useless skills.
How ever I can't help to think that there r 3 "martial" classes with 1 ranged and 2 magic with no dedicated melee. Melee caster class anyone?
Wow, there is a lot of questionable information here.
Agreed. Martial usually means unarmed fighting or fighting with a melee weapon, hence "martial arts" so how can spellcasters be considered part of that? Do they mean Arcane?

Would be good if they added another class or made a new world to start fresh without a dominating clan.
What kind of class do you think Celtic Heroes could benefit from?

I see the merit of a Fresh Start server but adding additional servers is not something the Development Team is considering at this time.
No need for a new server. No need for even a new class, simply change a few things that already exist.

Allow casters to use both knuckles and spears. Aggy spears are already all class, just open the skill and rings to all classes. This would allow a caster/melee hybrid to be used effectively. Allow warriors knucks as well.

Change mage EDL/Gele/Dino wand to crushing damage and not magic. Not sure why DL went from crush to EDL magic.

Add H2H rings back into Necro loot table. Add H2H rings to BT table as well. Attack/str/H2H/with a direct damage hit (not to a particular skill like Pummel/LS/SS etc) but just an added 5-700 auto hit or something, all class useable.

Buff Def Spikes big time, should hit similar to Cloak of Fire, granted it’s a group cast skill, how many are actually being hit at the same time? Wouldn’t be OP.

Make Skewer a viable skill with actual damage or a DoT added to it like Rend/Barbed Shot/Rupture.

These minor changes alone give Rangers the ability to play a spear ranger more effectively with actual useful skills and knucks as well. That’s 2 useable subclasses for rangers. Now you’ve got a true bow ranger/true spear ranger/true h2h ranger.

This gives rogues the ability to use knucks more effectively as well. Rogues have support/dps and then h2h subclasses, could maybe give them a halved now ability with rogue specific crossbow or something to make a type of hunter/assassin type subclass.

Druid would be able to be support/caster dps/totem caster dps/ spear hybrid / knucks hybrid kinda like a monk.

Mage would be able to be support/ dps/ spear or knucks hybrid.

Warrs wouldn’t get much love with these small changes but they can already be tank/dps/hybrid. Maybe buff giant swing to not be so dang slow and Sweeping Blow to do real damage like a Firestorm or Iceblast.

Really all you need to do are some minor tweaks to what’s already in game skill and item-wise to make sub-classing a real viable thing. A “new” class can n achieved by altering and improving what’s already there.

I think I would much rather subclasses than a whole new class. I think it would be relatively easy to create a summoner subclass for mage or Druid they'd have to add the summoning skill I guess but there's already some skills that could just be modified to work better with summoned creatures. like cloak of fire and I have this crazy idea where when I cast sacrifice it also provides a damage buff. Druids could make tank creatures but u could probably add some damage elements to there existing skills. I think it would be really interesting to make subclasses that utilize currently useless skills.
How ever I can't help to think that there r 3 "martial" classes with 1 ranged and 2 magic with no dedicated melee. Melee caster class anyone?
Wow, there is a lot of questionable information here.
Uhhh, those were just ideas. Not sure what you mean by questionable information...
Agreed. Martial usually means unarmed fighting or fighting with a melee weapon, hence "martial arts" so how can spellcasters be considered part of that? Do they mean Arcane?
What I meant is that there are 3 martial classes with 1 that is ranged, and there are 2 ranged magic (or arcane) classes so it would make sense to add a melee caster class some how (where using melee attacks is actually a main part of the class).

Also while melee means close quarters fighting, martial has more to do with war, and includes archery and other projectile weapons.

[
What I meant is that there are 3 martial classes with 1 that is ranged, and there are 2 ranged magic (or arcane) classes so it would make sense to add a melee caster class some how (where using melee attacks is actually a main part of the class).

Also while melee means close quarters fighting, martial has more to do with war, and includes archery and other projectile weapons.
I see. Glad we could clear that up.
To be fair, I didn't mention things like bows as I only tend to think about the stereotypical martial artist or stuff like HEMA, which tend to not throw weapons or use bows but I guess those count.

I am wondering what abilities you had in mind for this martial caster though. All that comes to mind is something like a D&D Cleric or Monk, though those do overlap a lot with Druids and Warriors/Rogues respectively.