Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: LETS MAKE EPONA 2

Reason why dom clans last so long is because of how easily convinced people are that dominance/competition is the only way. Even then though clans on a dominant server tend to not last that long. Think about all of the servers that have gone through power changes, and in some cases multiple times. Morrigan, Mabon, Lugh, Sulis, Nuada, Rhiannon, Taranis, and others I possibly have missed... and then think about all of the servers that has had a change in competition which includes almost every other server not mentioned. Lastly, think about all of the players that have been lost/quit because of their clans falling apart. There’s nothing positive that comes from dominance and more people quit under dominance then under a free server.

It’d honestly be great to implement free server rules into a dominant server, but people are so brainwashed/convinced as I said that dominance is the best thing ever when really it just causes more people to quit at a faster rate and literally effects people mentally. People get so emotional especially when it comes to competition, and some people literally go crazy over dkp/attendance and get addicted over it. I was the same way on belenus, got addicted over dkp/attendance and I was sometimes toxic towards the competing clan (both of which were no where near as bad as some others).. eventually I had enough and moved to Epona where I realized what dominance really does and I’ve been a lot better ever since.

Some people like to play sports and compete in competitions and then some like to sit somewhere and read a book.

You're the book reader, I get it. Doesn't mean everyone likes to read books.
I played hockey for 7-8 years (assistant captain by the time I quit) which is as competitive as sports can get lol. I love some good old competition, but what is found in Celtic Heroes is something completely different. When competition starts to affect people mentally, which is most certain has done in this game, then it’s a clear indication that maybe it’s time to stop before things get worse.

That sounds like a personal problem. If you (not you but anyone) can't control their temper that's something they need to work on. Celtic Heroes isn't some magical alien artifact from SG-1 Stargate that suddenly makes you a toxic person.

I would bet the toxic people are just as stable as they would be in real life. Due to their anonymous benefits for being online, their unfiltered personality comes out. Additionally the internet is a hiding spot for a lot of weird people.

Toxic people are everywhere. No where you go there's toxic individuals. People in sports can get angry and toxic too. Ones who don't just have good sportsmanship.

Sure, stressful situations do not help but stress is everywhere in life. Avoiding it will drastically limit your options in life.
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

Dunno where yall keep getting this idea that epona is special lol. Mabon gets just as many xfers as you, probably more. (Shocking ik!) we thrive on a dkp system. We kill dino on spawn nearly every spawn

Belenus has 3 competing clans atm. 2 of which are strong enough to take every single raid in the game currently. They have lockfights on bloodthorn

You call these servers dying? Lol epona is a meme, thats why people go to it. Nobody takes the server seriously, not even yourselves
Just because clans can kill bosses doesn’t mean the server is thriving lol. Both belenus and mabon have terrible economy’s and all the areas, including the castle, are ghost towns at most hours of the day. Epona has very active areas around the clock and a booming economy with chests being sold on average 25k each. A thriving server is a server with high activity and a great economy and Epona has both. Almost every server can say they kill bt on spawn now and killing Dino is no longer anything special (congrats, you can kill Dino on spawn with an exploit. Here’s your tinfoil medal). Not many servers can say they’re incredibly active and have a great economy like Epona can (and no, people logging just for bosses doesn’t make a server active).

I played belenus from 2012 up until the time I left for Epona a little over a year ago, and that server has been on a decline forever now. A lot of the power there is made up of shared accounts or multi loggers, and it makes me wonder how many other servers rely on shared accounts or multi loggers as well. And it’s not like Mabon has done much better with the killing of WG, making players quit the game as a result. As much as I disliked WG, killing off a clan for the sake of competition is never a good thing because people always quit as a result. It’s counterproductive.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Dunno where yall keep getting this idea that epona is special lol. Mabon gets just as many xfers as you, probably more. (Shocking ik!) we thrive on a dkp system. We kill dino on spawn nearly every spawn

Belenus has 3 competing clans atm. 2 of which are strong enough to take every single raid in the game currently. They have lockfights on bloodthorn

You call these servers dying? Lol epona is a meme, thats why people go to it. Nobody takes the server seriously, not even yourselves
Just because clans can kill bosses doesn’t mean the server is thriving lol. Both belenus and mabon have terrible economy’s and all the areas, including the castle, are ghost towns at most hours of the day. Epona has very active areas around the clock and a booming economy with chests being sold on average 25k each. A thriving server is a server with high activity and a great economy and Epona has both. Almost every server can say they kill bt on spawn now and killing Dino is no longer anything special (congrats, you can kill Dino on spawn with an exploit. Here’s your tinfoil medal). Not many servers can say they’re incredibly active and have a great economy like Epona can (and no, people logging just for bosses doesn’t make a server active).

I played belenus from 2012 up until the time I left for Epona a little over a year ago, and that server has been on a decline forever now. A lot of the power there is made up of shared accounts or multi loggers, and it makes me wonder how many other servers rely on shared accounts or multi loggers as well. And it’s not like Mabon has done much better with the killing of WG, making players quit the game as a result. As much as I disliked WG, killing off a clan for the sake of competition is never a good thing because people always quit as a result. It’s counterproductive.
Mabon in general has this thing where when a clan dies, it dies hard. Its not a slow fade its all at once out of the blue.

Then some Epona toons yo

After reading some of "epona need help" and after listening a lot of complainings of people from small server, i have a conclusion, dominating clans are the problem, i mean, i never saw one single soul (unless the chieftains and generals from the dom clans) that liked this scrap, and every day i see people running to epona cause they server sucks and want bigger server with more freedom.
The problem starts when everyone come epona
and epona starts becoming overpopulate, so u need to go 1424523 times in the same boss to win something and it gets killed in less than 2 seconds, i mean, this have no fun.
Thats why i have a ideia that can save the game! Create Epona 2, so people can have the freedom and a lot of players/2.
There multiple ways to create a Epona 2,
First: call the devolopers to litterally create a server called Epona 2, and add the same rules of Epona and make some propaganda to make everyone goes there.
Second: Call the dom clans "kings" to make they change they rules to Epona rules and after it make some propaganda too.
Third: Find the most empty server or with the weakest dom clan, makes propaganda to fill it untill the server fill but always making this looks similar as possible to Epona, so make 2 propagndas, 1 to fill with people, the other to make this follow epona rules.
How to make propaganda? We could call developers to add some mails to everyone inviting they to the new server, we should try going on every server and every chat explain the concept of Epona 2 and should call every single one that wants xfer to Epona to go to Epona 2.
Where to start? We cant go doing randomly propaganda, we first need to make a solid ideia, if u are a devolper reading this u maybe have already power to make this happen, if u are a chiftain or general that want to see u server getting bigger manifest yourself or if we have enought peopme intrested on this we should form a group.
Dont matter if we lose, it matter if we lose without fighting.

Ronin has killed BT? Dino? Didn’t think so... yes, there are lockfights on everything up to and including gele yes. And what is this 3rd clan? Where are they competing? No need to embellish, just state the facts.
RoyalBratt ~ 230 Ice Mage

Some people like to play sports and compete in competitions and then some like to sit somewhere and read a book.

You're the book reader, I get it. Doesn't mean everyone likes to read books.
I played hockey for 7-8 years (assistant captain by the time I quit) which is as competitive as sports can get lol. I love some good old competition, but what is found in Celtic Heroes is something completely different. When competition starts to affect people mentally, which is most certain has done in this game, then it’s a clear indication that maybe it’s time to stop before things get worse.

That sounds like a personal problem. If you (not you but anyone) can't control their temper that's something they need to work on. Celtic Heroes isn't some magical alien artifact from SG-1 Stargate that suddenly makes you a toxic person.

I would bet the toxic people are just as stable as they would be in real life. Due to their anonymous benefits for being online, their unfiltered personality comes out. Additionally the internet is a hiding spot for a lot of weird people.

Toxic people are everywhere. No where you go there's toxic individuals. People in sports can get angry and toxic too. Ones who don't just have good sportsmanship.

Sure, stressful situations do not help but stress is everywhere in life. Avoiding it will drastically limit your options in life.
I’m mostly talking about the ingame environment. People allowing for this game to affect them negatively in the real world is on them and I don’t really care, but when it starts to affect the ingame environment negatively then there’s a problem. People get addicted to the dkp system. Dkp points are like a drug to some people. When people get addicted to dkp they start to lose sight of what’s actually happening around them because they’re so focused on dkp, which easily allows for greed to slip in. Same applies for attendance. Competition turns players against each other. The environment turns toxic, players start to hate each other, inappropriate language is often thrown back and forth, and some servers even experience griefing which is like the point of no return lol. It is something you don’t really want in a game that’s as social as Celtic Heroes is. Dominance holds those two things together, and it’s because of dominance those two things are allowed to happen.

On Epona sure there is some toxicity here and there. There were people I disliked a lot on Epona, but since I wasn’t forced to be in a clan with them or deal with them through competition I was able to ignore them completely which made my gameplay experience more enjoyable. Just show up to a boss, roll, and then done. Easy as that. A large portion of the toxicity on Epona really comes from rolling after bosses which has sparked so many controversies, meaning it’s still a flawed system. Even then though the toxicity is very short lived as people move on from it pretty quickly.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

I’m mostly talking about the ingame environment. People allowing for this game to affect them negatively in the real world is on them and I don’t really care, but when it starts to affect the ingame environment negatively then there’s a problem. People get addicted to the dkp system. Dkp points are like a drug to some people. When people get addicted to dkp they start to lose sight of what’s actually happening around them because they’re so focused on dkp, which easily allows for greed to slip in. Same applies for attendance. Competition turns players against each other. The environment turns toxic, players start to hate each other, inappropriate language is often thrown back and forth, and some servers even experience griefing which is like the point of no return lol. It is something you don’t really want in a game that’s as social as Celtic Heroes is. Dominance holds those two things together, and it’s because of dominance those two things are allowed to happen.

On Epona sure there is some toxicity here and there. There were people I disliked a lot on Epona, but since I wasn’t forced to be in a clan with them or deal with them through competition I was able to ignore them completely which made my gameplay experience more enjoyable. Just show up to a boss, roll, and then done. Easy as that. A large portion of the toxicity on Epona really comes from rolling after bosses which has sparked so many controversies, meaning it’s still a flawed system. Even then though the toxicity is very short lived as people move on from it pretty quickly.

You misunderstood my point. If you're toxic in-game then you're most likely toxic out of game. Game doesn't make you toxic, that's just how you are. Game just helps just show how toxic you are.

My point meant nothing of the toxic getting out of the game. I am saying the outside toxicity goes into the game.

If you're toxic you're simply not mature.

Heres a little image to explain.

Then some Epona toons yo

You misunderstood my point. If you're toxic in-game then you're most likely toxic out of game. Game doesn't make you toxic, that's just how you are. Game just helps just show how toxic you are.

My point meant nothing of the toxic getting out of the game. I am saying the outside toxicity goes into the game.

If you're toxic you're simply not mature.

Heres a little image to explain.

There’s a lot more to it than that. Yes there are people who are just straight up toxic no matter the situation. Those people usually just sit in the castle or other zones all day shouting bs. There was a guy on Epona who was harassing everyone all day long (it got pretty bad) until I had Difinitus mute the guy for 2 days and when he came back I made him apologize to everyone lmao.

Then there’s the people who became toxic because of competition. I get it, we’re all human and we get competitive at times and maybe get a little carried away, but that competitive behavior has definitely crossed the line over the years and this game is now just a straight up toxic environment. People who aren’t usually toxic have become toxic. Otherwise good people grow to hate on each other. Dominance and greed are to blame. One clan steps up and tries to monopolize the server, naturally people aren’t going to like that and grow to dislike the clan, they start getting pushy with the dominant clan because they’ve monopolized the server, and in return most of the time the dom clan starts to push back further escalating the problem which then quickly turns toxic. Things definitely don’t help when outsiders are forced to compete with the dominant clan if they want any chance at endgame content, which is sad.

Even within clans themselves. I’ve seen dkp/attendance turn clan members against each other because of how loot is distributed. Often times you’ll see a rift form between 2 groups within the clan which ends up making players leave. This is the type of environment dominance creates. It’s not healthy for the both the game and players. VR has to step in and fix things otherwise the problems will progressively get worse and worse until the social part of the game, which is what helps keep this game alive, completely falls apart. It’s not just dominant servers, although they’re the biggest problem, it’s on Epona as well. The way loot is distributed after a boss needs to change in order to stop this toxicity.

Spawn a Mordris in castle, I’m sure more players would be in castle, most clans in other servers tell their clan mates not to camp castle or make it a habit, some clans will kick you for stuff like that.

Spawn a Mordris in castle, I’m sure more players would be in castle, most clans in other servers tell their clan mates not to camp castle or make it a habit, some clans will kick you for stuff like that.
would be fun
bad hear they dont even let u castle camp

lmao i remeber see some people in alchemical quarters camping litterally nothing, i go ask what they were doing and one said they was camping aggy(or modris i dont remeber) cause there was a bug that the aggy spawn in alchemical, and was like wtf, i still dont if he was joking or only drunk, i still see camping nothing in alchemicals, maybe they just using auto attack to farm potions

Yeah... because having an actual active castle, the social hub of the game, is such a bad thing for the server. How have people become so full of themselves to the point where they consider outlawing the social hub area of the game, and then create the term “castle camping”, putting a bad name onto the castle... and then they wonder why their server always seems to be a ghost town when no bosses are up and why no new players ever want to stay on their server, coming to the forums to ask which server is actually active, only to be pointed towards Epona, the one server that seems to not put a bad name onto the castle and sees 2 pages of players almost 24/7 because people can actually experience some sense of freedom there without grumpy/demanding generals breathing down their necks.