Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What would you do?

Honestly I would encourage my clan to stop griefing and being toxic etc. At this point it doesn't matter who started what, it matters who stops and how you can make that happen. My server has always been turbulent, war between clans was common practice. What I know is that doing the same thing back does not make things better and only throws oil on the fire. I guess you could say I would encourage people to "be the better person".

Keep negotiating and remember that a lot of people probably don't agree with this war and that most people never chose for the war either. Just because somebody wears the tag of a clan doesn't mean they are guilty by association. I would individually talk to people of comp clan, hope I can get through to them and ask them why they do it and what they want. Perhaps a complete cease fire lol. Of course these kind of situstions are very complex, so there is not a magic key that makes all problems go away.

I am not saying I understand that eventually you'd strike back, I ask myself whether or not it makes anything better. It can't be black and white as in one clan doesn't like the other for no reason so they start griefing (sorry to put it blunt and exaggerated like this), if it is tho by all means destroy the opposing clan lol._.
Oh and yeah keep reporting for bad behaviour.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

As someone who has participated in multiple server wars, I do have some advice on this topic. I have to agree with Skerwald. Competition gets frustrating, and makes you want to retaliate. But dont. Do not stoop to griefing back, and just keep killing those endgame bosses. People will see your clan for the better one. The competition probably tells all sorts of stories about how your clan is horrible and full of horrible people. Don’t feed into their narrative. You can prove that your clan is better than the competition by how you act. Which leads me to...

2) Recruit the competition.
I agree with Romeo. Merging clans is also a good solution. When the leaders of the competition are being unreasonable, you have to find clan members that are reasonable and get them on your side. Recruit them out from under the other clan. This will shrink their player base and ability to compete. I can guarantee the competition will try to do this to you.

3) Get bosses
Success breeds success. The more bosses you take, the more people will want to join you. Don’t give up on Unox or Snorri. You need these bosses to get weapons which will help your ability to recruit. Once you have these locked down, expand to armour bosses. Keep up on Sreng, Revenant, and Cragskor. As your numbers improve and more people camp, you can squeeze out the competition to just Frozen bosses.

Once you get the competition to this point, they will either have to join you, or quit. Either way, Dino will then be yours. It’s a long path, but to me it seems to be the only way forward for your clan. This is a multiplayer game, and power isn’t measured by endgame drops. It’s measured by people. If you want to end your server war, you need people to do it.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Usually it’s hard for the dom clan to act as the “better ones” because in the eyes of the comp clan they’re the worst people on the server. Think about, if I read the story correctly this now dom clan came up and stripped the old dom clans power away from them and now refuse to let them control a majority of the important bosses. I’d feel pretty upset myself, Id want to progress my character the same way they can but I shouldn’t be forced to join the very clan that’s causing all the problems in the first place. Think of it like Germany after World War 1, they lost the war, had everything stripped from them, allies punished more than they could handle, so they rose up and started World War 2 as a result. Recruiting them can be the same way as saying “hey, if you want drops you better join us”. There are always people willing to put up with the people they hated just to get their hands on some drops, I’ve seen it plenty on belenus. Still though, that’s not the right way to go about things because it can still create a negative environment. It’s like taking a job that is full of people who you dislike, but you take it anyways because it pays good... you’ll never be happy with that job no matter what the pay is.

You can recruit the entire comp clan, choke them to death until they are no more, but does that really solve your issue? Short answer is no. There will always be people on the outside who will look at your clan negatively, there will always be people who can’t progress their character because of the dominance, and there will always be a negative environment as long as dominance is in place. There’s only one real solution to achieve what you really are looking for, and I shouldn’t have to explain myself twice.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I don't think the solution of completely changing the entire system is a good or viable solution. Neither clan even want to work together, changing let alone change the system, that goes far beyond rivalry between clans. There are 2 servers that run this system, I personally enjoy my current server, which is not an open server system. I'm sure there are enough people that also don't want to play in an Epona based system.

The idea of recruiting a clan is imo good and has worked out very well for our server in the past despite it having had extremely toxic clans opposing each other. The current dom clan on my server consists of a mix of players from clans that were rivals or in an actual war with each other.

I think giving people a chance and being open minded about it is good, it shows your clan does give chances and doesn't judge by clan tag only.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

I personally enjoy my current server, which is not an open server system. I'm sure there are enough people that also don't want to play in an Epona based system.
Totally agree with this, I especially like rivalry and competition between clans on the game.

Being rewarded for effort is good too.

People should just try and improve themselves when they lose rather than becoming self-destructive
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

This is indeed an unfortunate post. DontBanMeRob had to start his story at the current state of the server. He neglected to give history and assumes no responsibility for any of his actions or the actions of members from his clan. I will defiantly say this. I do agree with his assessment that VR will do nothing about it. He is so sure about this that he openly admits to Glitch Resetting bosses.

DontBanMeRob neglected to talk about the previous agreements that DOM and COMP had with each other when COMP was the uncontested dominate clan. The two clan once had an agreement that if one clan got 3 consecutive kills on a boss, the other clan would have 8 -12 hours, depending on the boss, to kill the next spawn without interference. This included BT where the agreement also included rotating the South Root since DOM liked to Glitch through the south wall pulling Blaze Root out of range and COMP preferred to keep Caustic in place and accept the loss of poison damage. He neglected to talk about the fact that even when COMP would win the ffa, DOM left toons in the area to grief the COMP through subtle means. An example of this is leaving a full vit mage in place on a legacy mount to override lures on BT. He also neglected to talk about how DOM would grief COMP at Dhiothu while COMP was practicing LONG before DOM was even close to having the ability to kill it. During this period, COMP was able to get Dhiothu down to about 66%.

DOM’s leaders are experts at the Art of War. They do an excellent job of infiltrating COMP and spreading misinformation. They are experts at phycological warfare. They continue to whisper to COMP’s members some nasty and hurtful things.

In the long run, war is not a good thing for either clan, nor the server. This war has run longer that I know about with periods of outright grieving, as now, to low periods of rebuilding. Though DOM would have you believe that it is a resent development. In the end, it is up to the leaders of both clans to figure things out. The mistake of bringing it here is the fact everything will be one-sided from each clan’s point of view. People from other servers that have no need or care about the server will decide who the bad guys are based on the better talkers. They will not know the actors in the conflict, nor will that understand the true history between the leadership of the clans.

What this post does is shows that DOM clan does not have any morals and is willing to exploit glitches in the game in order to reset 170, 180, 215, Necro, and Gele get their point across. COMP uses tactics within the game mechanics to do the same.

My wishes? VR would fix the issues that have been identified YEARS ago as well as ban individuals that exploit those issues (72 hrs doesn’t cut it). DOM and COMP could develop trust between each other and come to an agreement. Unfortunately, I believe both are pipe dreams.

He neglected to give history and assumes no responsibility for any of his actions or the actions of members from his clan.
Please refer to where I earlier said reponsbility is taken for what DOM has been involved in, in the first line of my second response to Zkills. Apologies, again, for what past actions have brought us to. On the other hand, an accurate history was given. Maybe not a full history, but certainly not a misleading one.
DontBanMeRob neglected to talk about the previous agreements that DOM and COMP had with each other when COMP was the uncontested dominate clan. The two clan once had an agreement that if one clan got 3 consecutive kills on a boss, the other clan would have 8 -12 hours, depending on the boss, to kill the next spawn without interference.

This is correct and the deal made by [you] was very generous to say the least. The agreement was however cancelled by your generous selves the moment you exceeded the three consecutive kills that was agreed upon. You could kill more than three in a row, so decided we will not be given a turn to kill it. You cited griefing as the cause for this change of heart when we supposedly sent a level 1 toon to grief your 40-man Dhiothu raid and it 'made your toons teleport away'. The Dhiothu limit at the time was either 25 or 27.
He neglected to talk about the fact that even when COMP would win the ffa, DOM left toons in the area to grief the COMP through subtle means. An example of this is leaving a full vit mage in place on a legacy mount to override lures on BT.
This is a complete falsehood. However, in good faith, I believe it's possible you were misreading the situation. A mage from DOM was actively over-casting ice lures during Bloodthorn lock battles. This brought your (almost) full Ice Mage group to their heels with lures of 500 resists rather than your (full Doch Gul) lures of 2k resists, effectively cutting their damage in half. Our fire mages excelled. After the lock, if DOM lost, the mage would retreat instantly. I know exactly who the allegations are/were against and there was only one individual doing this. The individual takes responsibility for casting after lock accidentally a handful of times, but never sustained throughout the fight. An individual not involved in any current griefing. PM me if you want to talk about that.

In regards to DOM griefing COMP at Dhiothu, we have spoken to the ring-leader of your previous Dhiothu attempts and he claims the health never went below 80-85%. I digress, every member of DOM was told to stay away from your attempts via LINE and proof can be provided. If you were griefed (I was not there), apologies can be made but the damage is done. As a result of tensions, DOM had to test Dhiothu on another server due to griefing and we were fortunate in that regards.
In the long run, war is not a good thing for either clan, nor the server... In the end, it is up to the leaders of both clans to figure things out. DOM and COMP could develop trust between each other and come to an agreement. Unfortunately, I believe both are pipe dreams.
I could not agree more - this is bad for everyone. But our leader tried to talk to yours just yesterday! "Do you even know what do you want?" our leader asked. "that's not for you to know" COMP replied. A truly meaningful conversation. If you would like to enter talks with someone other than the leaders you so clearly dislike (I understand some grudges will never die), just let us know. We will arrange it. Let's bring peace & competition back to our server.

It looks as though the topic has been derailed a little too much into accusation territory. Sorry Mods.

First of all, DOM clan is by no means desperate for Dhiothu loot as we are quite content with dominating everything else and progressing all our toons (including alts) in ways our COMP can no longer do. The first mistake our COMP made, was to assume that we really needed to kill Dhiothu and some how needed to farm this new loot in order to succeed when WE ALREADY DOMINATE WITHOUT IT. Lol. This was in fact among the initial excuse used by our COMP to justify the narrative "we need to share, or we will have no choice but to grief." Because according to them, God forbid we dominate Dhiothu and end up getting stacked with that new gear, they won't be able to compete on bosses they already couldn't compete for. This logic has led to nothing but frustration and absolute mockery of our COMP from the DOM perspective. Bottom line, it simply comes down to the refusal to accept defeat. Dhiothu or no Dhiothu, COMP has already lost.

As far as griefing goes, I have been asked by several low ranking members of COMP clan for an explanation as to why we are doing it. As mentioned clearly in this topic, we are simply retaliating for the griefing done to us at Dhiothu. That's it, nothing more. Nobody gets to grief Dhiothu and expect no retaliation when VR won't intervene. We (DOM clan) don't care what (COMP clan) thinks or says. We all know this will not end until COMP clan stops griefing our boss simply because they can't kill it and feel they have nothing to lose as result. COMP clan aren't getting free BT or Gelebrons, at any point in the future, ever. It's much more satisfying for DOM clan to continue dominating instead. Lol.

And eventually, DOM clan will farm Dhiothu. It's inevitable, and at which point, alternating attempts will be entirely off the table. So COMP clan's efforts are truly in vein.
World - Sulis
Clan - Toxic

H3ROsRogue - lvl 220 rogue
H3ROsRanger - lvl 200 ranger
H3ROsMage - lvl 220 mage
H3ROsDruid - lvl 220 druid
H3ROsWarrior - lvl 200 warrior
H3ROsLocker - lvl 190 rogue

Can't imagine losing kills to a ranger in 2019.

Not going to argue with y'all. Since DOM wanted bring all of Celtic Heroes into server politics, thought I would let them know DOM is not the perfect angels discribed. Also wanted to remind DOM the only reason you got your first clan BT kill as soon as you did was because COMP was willing to work with you.
From here I will leave it alone and let everyone talk as they wish. I have not the time nor the desire to argue semantics in a public forum.
Enjoy your day and your event weekend.